Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'm disappointed at the fact that there is not Tetris, Scrabble or Sudoku available in the UK App Store!

Does anyone share my fustration?
Is there any other way I could purchase/install those apps on my iPod touch?

Thanks,

Ams.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
I thought I heard people saying if you use gift cards for iTunes then you can use any store. Not completely sure of it but this is a work around I think I read somewhere.

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
Really? Cool! I'll have to check this out!

You have to use an American gift card to do this. You can get them on eBay.

Once you have it, go to the American iTunes store, click 'redeem' and set up a new account through the steps it presents you with when youu've clicked redeem. If you've done as I just detailed, it won't ask you for credit card details.

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
You have to use an American gift card to do this. You can get them on eBay.

Once you have it, go to the American iTunes store, click 'redeem' and set up a new account through the steps it presents you with when youu've clicked redeem. If you've done as I just detailed, it won't ask you for credit card details.

Oh OK. Have you done this before?

sgibson

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2008
For Scrabble at least I'm guessing there is a different publisher over here. Even the real life version is Hasbro in the US and Mattel in the UK, so I'm guessing there's a rights issue in play.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
there are other, better, free (or cheaper) alternatives
tris for tetris, and there are many sudoku games...

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Not on Aussie store either. I have a US account started with an iTunes card I bought off eBay. Works well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.