Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SHARKTICUS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Hello all,

Thanks in advance for the help with this one! I have recently setup a new Leopard Server and all has been working well. Yesterday I had email and VPN etc all up and running. It seems that overnight, it must have been restarted as I went to use the server this morning (I work remotely) and I was prompted with the login screen. The very same username and password I have been using all the time won't get me in at all - nor will any other username or password. The strange thing is, if I say VPN in or use a client machine that is on the local network, I can use this same admin username and password to do things like get to the file shares and share the screen etc. All the services are working fine.

Basically, I have NO idea why I can't actually login to the machine to carry on configuring everything. I've remotely rebooted the machine as well just in case, but to no avail.

Can anyone shed any light on this please? As I said, the same correct username and password works to get me in to other services on the machine which is why I find it so strange.

Thanks again for the help!
Alan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.