Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pulkit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Hi

I am using a UITableView and its style is Grouped. By default these sections are aligned Horizontally one after another.

Is there a way to place them vertically?

Meaning, if the first section starts from Rect(0, 0, 50, 40) then next section should be placed on Rect(55, 0, 50, 40).

Or to make things simple let me put it this way... if I have two sections then my first section should be on the left hand side and second second section should be on the right hand side.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Pulkit

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Not without doing something custom. If you read the documentation for the tableviews it specifically states that due to the screen size there is only a single column. You can certainly create your own hybrid view that can do this though.

Pulkit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Not without doing something custom. If you read the documentation for the tableviews it specifically states that due to the screen size there is only a single column. You can certainly create your own hybrid view that can do this though.

Hi fishkorp,

Can you explain me further more about how can I do this using a custom view?

Thanks,
Pulkit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.