PDA

View Full Version : Is this good?

mac15
May 25, 2002, 06:19 AM
I was trying to learn some basics in photoshop
I was just wondering if this was any good and if there could be inprovments just let me know

Beej
May 25, 2002, 06:29 AM
Uh, that would very much depend on what you were trying to do... It looks cool though. You should have posted it with a white background... the standard 'no-background background' in PS doesn't do the picture any justice.

mac15
May 25, 2002, 06:50 AM
kickass beej is online
I send one with a white background
and get in ICQ your never on

mac15
May 25, 2002, 06:55 AM
is this better
I just of those 3d sphere's everybody does

Tommy!
May 25, 2002, 07:31 AM
Make it glossy :)

Mr. Anderson
May 25, 2002, 08:48 AM
Not bad, but the hightlite doesn't conform to the shape of the sphere. And you could take a nice bw image and put it in another layer, spherize it to make it look like a environment relflection. You'll need to use a masks to adjust the reflection so its not uniform across the whole sphere, and is affected by the specular accent reflection (the highlite).

Keep working on it, its looking good...

Macmaniac
May 29, 2002, 07:17 PM
Very cool! I am posting my tar cause I want to see how it looks on the web, whenever I post it won't show up because Duke has yet to finish with the tar entries.

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Very cool! I am posting my tar cause I want to see how it looks on the web, whenever I post it won't show up because Duke has yet to finish with the tar entries.

Are you that impatient? Did you read the rules? I'll get to it when I look at the posts waiting for validation. Sheesh.

Its up now, BTW:rolleyes:

krossfyter
May 29, 2002, 07:46 PM
okay cool. just conform the reflection to the shape of the image like duke said.

what are you trying to do by the way?

dig it.

Grokgod
May 29, 2002, 08:00 PM
ohh kay! then.

Firstly the primary light is not consistent across the form of the sphere.

I am confused by the light scheme that you are using.
If you are using the standard michelangelo style light that comes from the viewers left, the objects right.
Then the top primary light is not shown as the greatest highlight on the sphere. It also cuts off too abruptly and is not consistent to the shape.
It also looks vector like, is that your choice? is it destined for Flash?

In the hierarchy of contrast, the base reflected light is too strong and detracts from the primary. it looks raster while the other looks vector due to its severe cutoff or lack of gradation.

In answer to your question and with the fear that I will foster a reputation as a Nihlist, I would have to say that ..
"No, it isnt good, but I still love you!"
" I could be diplomatic and say, not bad, keep working on it."

But we are all men here, everyone check quickly~

So, I choose the first statement without any intended malice or fear of fire.

Macmaniac
May 29, 2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Are you that impatient? Did you read the rules? I'll get to it when I look at the posts waiting for validation. Sheesh.

Its up now, BTW:rolleyes:

Sorry Duke didn't mean to offend you, here is an update I will add it to the contest.