PDA

View Full Version : Best way to rip TV Shows and have proper titles?

iMerlin
Aug 29, 2008, 02:36 PM
Ive been renting a ton of TV Show series from blockbuster online with the intent of putting them on my iPhone. However, I cant figure out the best way to title them and have iTunes put them into the TV Show category.
So say I rip Seinfeld which has 5 episodes on the DVD, I use Amerisoft (PC by the way) and Amerisoft lists all the episodes and allows you to rip each one to a new file.
So Ill go to TV.com or somewhere similar to see what the episode titles are. Ill rename all the episodes accordingly and rip. But then the videos appear in my movies folder instead of TV Shows, and the movie title is the episode title instead of saying Seinfeld - The Van Buren Boys.
So then I have to get info, change it to TV Show, put Seinfeld in the Title section, then Van Buren Boys in the episode title...blah blah blah.

Does anyone know of an easier way to catalogue and title TV Shows?

hexonxonx
Aug 29, 2008, 02:44 PM
When I did a few seasons of the X-Files, I simply ripped them using HandBrake then used Lostify to edit all the tags. Once this was done, the episodes showed up in the Tv Shows folder on my computer and section in iTunes.

TEG
Aug 29, 2008, 02:53 PM
The appear as "Movies" because that is what iTunes calls all imported video. To change it (you have to do it manually for each file) open the get info for the video in iTunes, and on the Video Tab, change it to TV Show, then enter the Show, Title, Season, and Production Number.

I've done that with Futurama, and it works great. The only problem I had there was trying to find a good way to seperate between Broadcast Seasons and Production Seasons.

TEG

iMerlin
Aug 29, 2008, 03:01 PM
When I did a few seasons of the X-Files, I simply ripped them using HandBrake then used Lostify to edit all the tags. Once this was done, the episodes showed up in the Tv Shows folder on my computer and section in iTunes.

Ill have to check out Lostify, do you know if it is available for Windows?

The appear as "Movies" because that is what iTunes calls all imported video. To change it (you have to do it manually for each file) open the get info for the video in iTunes, and on the Video Tab, change it to TV Show, then enter the Show, Title, Season, and Production Number.

I've done that with Futurama, and it works great. The only problem I had there was trying to find a good way to seperate between Broadcast Seasons and Production Seasons.

TEG

Thanks TEG, yeah I know where and how to change it to a show, it just gets annoying with having to do it with every file.