PDA

View Full Version : Apple's approval process, time

HiFiGuy528
Aug 29, 2008, 03:49 PM
For those who have submitted an app for approval, how long did it take and what problems did you run into before your app showed up on the App store? Or are you still waiting?

Note:
Please don't vote if you have NOT been through or started the process. Let try to keep this accurate.

kainjow
Aug 29, 2008, 07:21 PM
The app I worked on was submitted 2, maybe 3 weeks ago. Still not accepted yet.

ghayenga
Aug 29, 2008, 07:48 PM
The app I worked on was submitted 2, maybe 3 weeks ago. Still not accepted yet.

Mine was submitted on July 7th and approved on July 21st.

HiFiGuy528
Aug 29, 2008, 10:00 PM
So once it is approved it's live on the app store?

Pring
Aug 30, 2008, 11:57 AM
I'm a bit miffed by it, to be honest. What's worse is I submitted one a week ago and then found a fairly major bug in it. Given that update process will take about a week maybe I'm better resubmitting the app and trying to get them to cancel the first one. No idea about how to do that though!

Fontano
Aug 31, 2008, 08:09 AM
Our company applied for an Enterprise license/access.

We are now going on our 5th week, with out approval... or any form of communication.

ghayenga
Aug 31, 2008, 12:24 PM
So once it is approved it's live on the app store?

It took about 24 hours before it actually appeared on the App Store.

DavidLeblond
Sep 2, 2008, 08:50 AM
I'm a bit miffed by it, to be honest. What's worse is I submitted one a week ago and then found a fairly major bug in it. Given that update process will take about a week maybe I'm better resubmitting the app and trying to get them to cancel the first one. No idea about how to do that though!

Yup, I have the same problem. I hate emailing people saying "I've fixed that problem in v1.2, but since I've already posted 1.1 you have to wait for that to come out before I can upload 1.2"

Pring
Sep 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
Ideal solution would be if they would let you swap the binaries up until the point that someone actually starts reviewing the application. Would save a lot of hassle.