PDA

View Full Version : Apple + HP = iPod Forever

MacBytes
Jan 14, 2004, 09:15 AM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Apple + HP = iPod Forever (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040114101511)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Sir_Giggles
Jan 14, 2004, 10:40 AM
Jeez, even these mainstream, respected magazines have a bias against Apple, even though they hide it through carefully chosen words and hidden double meanings.

Ah well.. at least it's better than Cnet, or is it?

TwitchOSX
Jan 14, 2004, 11:20 AM
I thought the article was quite upbeat. It sounded to me like they were praising Apple, unlike Cnet or that other idiot that has been babbling the past couple days about how the Apple - HP deal is crap. My favorite quote was this:

"And when has Dell ever been associated with cool? Um, next question."

winmacguy
Jan 14, 2004, 11:48 AM
Very well balanced article.

ITR 81
Jan 14, 2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Sir_Giggles
Jeez, even these mainstream, respected magazines have a bias against Apple, even though they hide it through carefully chosen words and hidden double meanings.

Ah well.. at least it's better than Cnet, or is it?

You must have stop reading on the first page. Read the second page.

I actually just got AppleCare today for my 4 month old iPod. I was told if my remotes button was sticking they would just replace it.

I think Apple is the only company that actually calls you to extend your warranty. Most companies today just either send you a email about it or they send something via snailmail, but rarely do they ever call.

billyboy
Jan 14, 2004, 06:58 PM
It was a good write up that actually presented both sides of the coin ie the old Apple business model and the new.

It occurred to me that with the HP deal, the two diametrically opposed attitudes to media centres are getting clearer. There is Apple and 100-new-product HP going for modular additions to a hub, and on the other side, there is MS and their all singing all dancing whatever it is all in one idea. That is 30% tried and tested innovators (HP and Apple) versus the rest. I think the only guaranteed outcome is that little old Apple are going on an upward spiral even if overall, the digital hub philosophy doesnt take over the world. And as the article says, for the next couple of years, Apple have the chance to dominate the music bit of the equation - or lose it.