PDA

View Full Version : nice guys finish first?!?!?!

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 10:47 AM
I GOT THE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the "my sad story" thread had a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not trying to spam... im just super happy...

jrv3034
Jan 14, 2004, 11:04 AM
Awesome. It seems to me that women tend to go for the bad guys during high school & college, & then realize that they want to spend the rest of their lives with a nice guy. I was in the same boat, until I left college.

That's great news, g30ffr3y!:D

Veldek
Jan 14, 2004, 11:34 AM
Congrats, but don't leave town in the next three years... ;)

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 11:42 AM
i think itll be ok... we did the right thing throughout... now it has paid off... maybe there really is someone for everyone...

ShadowHunter
Jan 14, 2004, 11:52 AM
nice guys finish first?!?!?!

:confused: :confused: Does not compute?? :confused: :confused:

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 11:56 AM
i hardly believe it either...

abates25
Jan 14, 2004, 12:06 PM
Okay, so I read through all your posts regarding girl 'C'. I didn't read everyone elses comments, I didn't really need to as none of them were quite so involved as yourself.

Two things - I am thrilled you 'got' her. Having someone around who can light up your day is a blessing (98.7% of the time...).

Be gentle, be slow, don't lay your heart too far out in the open. Remember, for all intensive purposes, she is in a rebound relationship now, and those have pretty iffy success rates.

But, all that said, enjoy yourself. And don't try to hard to figure out your place in this world - it is the bane of the smarter soul to question their position, however there is rarely a true 'place' - the 'place' is simply anything, anywhere.

Phil Of Mac
Jan 14, 2004, 12:40 PM
Okay, now that you, the hero, have gotten the girl, what's next? Are you going to save the world and blow up the Death Star? ;)

themadchemist
Jan 14, 2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil Of Mac
Okay, now that you, the hero, have gotten the girl, what's next? Are you going to save the world and blow up the Death Star? ;)

No, he's going to help the rest of nice guys find girls of our own. ;)

Phil Of Mac
Jan 14, 2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by themadchemist
No, he's going to help the rest of nice guys find girls of our own. ;)

A TRUE hero! :)

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 01:05 PM
i want everyone to be happy now... it is possible and you dont have to sell yourself out to do it either...

they built another death star... dang... ill have to hop in my x wing after work and take care of that...

im no super hero... just a regular nice guy who didnt get **** on for once...

shadowfax
Jan 14, 2004, 01:07 PM
congratulations, man... i can imagine how good that must feel.

shizzle, i have another 3 years of college... blah.

:)

jelloshotsrule
Jan 14, 2004, 01:09 PM
good to see this.

i've had lots of luck in the last 4 years. which i think is the key to finding a girl who can appreciate you, and is also cool herself..

sometimes things fall into place

also...

"does not compute??"

hahahahahahahahahha. some funny people around here

virividox
Jan 14, 2004, 01:34 PM
Ah you are an inspiration to us all!!!

jayscheuerle
Jan 14, 2004, 02:15 PM
Bad news is most girls are putting off marriage until later these days (if at all) and hanging out with "bad" boys during this time. Of course, they're more than happy to have a "good" boy, or even a gay boy, for a shoulder to cry on during the rough periods. "Good" boys are such nice friends!

:rolleyes:

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 02:30 PM
jayscheuerle... that was a little cynical... trust me... we arent "friends" we just havent been "bad" because of the situation and the newness of it all... she actually just called me from her training class and we are indeed going to hang out tonight... which is cool because she called me without any predetermined motive that she had to call because it was her "turn" or whatever... just because im a decent guy doesnt mean i dont like girls... quite the opposite... im all about this one!!!

i shouldnt have taken back that digi cam...

wdlove
Jan 14, 2004, 02:32 PM
Congratulations g30ffr3y, I'm very happy to hear of your joyous news. It just takes some patience. I like to think that I'm a nice guy also. Hopefully you will have a long lasting relationship like mine of more than 31 years. It takes compromise on both sides. An important item is love for one another. I happen to think that it is also important to pray and give thanks.

jayscheuerle
Jan 14, 2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by g30ffr3y
jayscheuerle... that was a little cynical...

Sorry Geoffrey, I wasn't commenting on your particular situation, just espousing some generalizations. I've always been a "good guy" and had plenty of fun myself before the wife and kid show. Enjoy your youth and good luck! - j

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 02:44 PM
wdlove... thank you... i hope i will be very happy for a very long time... before this even happend i had resolved to try and be better towards others... sometimes i can be difficult... sometimes just a down right pain in the arse... most of my life is falling into place... i dont have any real baggage holding me back from having a good relationship... i hope this is just my year to do well for myself... its sure starting off pretty good... i got some other good news today on the financial side...

i have a skewed sort of spirituality... i just try to be a good person but it doesnt always come out right or people dont understand... but she does... and i very much thank the powers that be for dropping "an angel in the lobby" for me to find...

i keep saying thank you to everyone... i mean it... i would tell the world if i could...

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 02:48 PM
jay... no harm no foul... i just didnt want you to think that this was like that... i dont know how this story comes off to those on the outside... but i know mac heads are smart and i respect everyones opinion so i wanted to share... i do enjoy the comments...

Waluigi
Jan 14, 2004, 02:54 PM
From my expierence, nice guys almost always finish first (except in high school;))

--Waluigi

jelloshotsrule
Jan 14, 2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I like to think that I'm a nice guy also.

hahahahahahahah. understatement of the century! :)

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by DannyWhite
LOL: How true that is.

ill just have to take her with me... i dont go out of town unless its for fun anyhow... toronto is near... cedar point is near... i wanna go to NYC someday... california... who knows... not today... but maybe someday...

scem0
Jan 14, 2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHunter
:confused: :confused: Does not compute?? :confused: :confused:

Force quit, restart, and try again ;).

Congrats geoffrey.

scem0

Dros
Jan 14, 2004, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't be worried about leaving town. It isn't like she was having affairs. She was guilty of needing to see that there was someone else out there before she left her relationship, but that isn't the same thing.

If you leave town and you are in a good relationship, she won't do anything. If you leave town and she starts flirting with someone and then dumps you, what do you care about the flirting? The relationship was over anyway. The only concern is that she may be the kind of person to put a "happy face" on a relationship (the old boyfriend was talking about moving in!) when she thought there were problems. So you'll to make sure she addresses issues in the relationship instead of burying them deep.

pseudobrit
Jan 14, 2004, 05:20 PM
My iBook kp'd after clicking on this thread.

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 14, 2004, 05:27 PM
I hope it works for the both of you. there is nothing like Love. its been holding the Human race together for eons. what do those Condors know?:D

wdlove
Jan 14, 2004, 08:06 PM
wdlove... thank you... i hope i will be very happy for a very long time... before this even happend i had resolved to try and be better towards others... sometimes i can be difficult... sometimes just a down right pain in the arse... most of my life is falling into place... i dont have any real baggage holding me back from having a good relationship... i hope this is just my year to do well for myself... its sure starting off pretty good... i got some other good news today on the financial side...

i have a skewed sort of spirituality... i just try to be a good person but it doesnt always come out right or people dont understand... but she does... and i very much thank the powers that be for dropping "an angel in the lobby" for me to find...

i keep saying thank you to everyone... i mean it... i would tell the world if i could...

I'm that way also, it is just common courtesy to say thank you. I hope that when someone says thank you, you also say your welcome. That is important also.

Besides trying to be a good person, you should also try to find a Church that you feel comfortable attending. You will continue a better life if you are willing to turn it over to God.

I feel a liitle embarrased by your comment jelloshotsrule. I am just like you trying to do my best each and every day.

Kwyjibo
Jan 14, 2004, 08:40 PM
congrat geoff

i don't think it has anytihng to do with you being a nice or bad guy, just being yourself, no matter how trite that may sound.

I also like the fact that i was right in saying, that she was looking for a way out of her former relationship

iJon
Jan 14, 2004, 08:52 PM
well dont let you guard down to fast or "hand her your balls in a jar" to quickly. let it break in about at the 3 month marker and i would say your set. good luck and lets hope you dont go out of town and leave her your key ;)

iJon

jelloshotsrule
Jan 14, 2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I feel a liitle embarrased by your comment jelloshotsrule. I am just like you trying to do my best each and every day.

don't sweat it. you're simply a very kind person who always has a nice thing to say... even when someone's being a bit of a bastard. hah

so your statement about you being a 'nice guy', to me, goes without saying

sethypoo
Jan 14, 2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by abates25

Be gentle, be slow, don't lay your heart too far out in the open. Remember, for all intensive purposes, she is in a rebound relationship now, and those have pretty iffy success rates.

But, all that said, enjoy yourself. And don't try to hard to figure out your place in this world - it is the bane of the smarter soul to question their position, however there is rarely a true 'place' - the 'place' is simply anything, anywhere.

Take this person's advice! Rebound relationships are dangerous, watch yourself, don't get too into her at first, give it time to grow close.

Another BIG hint: communicate. That is the key to all relationships.

revenuee
Jan 14, 2004, 11:10 PM
Glad it worked out for you, i on the other hand have learned the following in the last few weeks

women require time and money: _
therefore
Women = Time X Money

since we know “time is money”
Time = Money

so if we substitute Money for Time we get:
Women = Money X Money

therefore
Women = (Money)^2

Further we know “money is the root of all evil”
therefore
Money = (Evil)1/2

If one remembers
(Money)^2 = Women

Then

(Money)^2 = Evil

by substituting

"women" for "(money)^2" as shown above

Women = Evil

Or simply stated Women are evil

* sorry, i've had a bad week.

sethypoo
Jan 14, 2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by revenuee
Glad it worked out for you, i on the other hand have learned the following in the last few weeks

therefore
Women = Time X Money

Time = Money

Women = Money X Money

therefore
Women = (Money)^2

therefore
Money = (Evil)1/2

If one remembers
(Money)^2 = Women

Then

(Money)^2 = Evil

by substituting

Women = Evil

Shouldn't there be a square root in there somewhere? Like when (Money)^2 = Evil goes to Women = Evil?

Just splitting hairs.

revenuee
Jan 14, 2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by sethypoo
Shouldn't there be a square root in there somewhere? Like when (Money)^2 = Evil goes to Women = Evil?

Just splitting hairs.

No i don't think so ... (this isn't my invention, a friend showed me it, but i did check it a few times an looks right to me)

i just thought it was funny thats all ... didn't mean to ruin the happy party with my unhappy thoughts

shadowfax
Jan 15, 2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by sethypoo

Just splitting hairs. there is a square root in there.

money = evil ^(1/2)

raising a number to the 1/2 power means taking the square root of it, just like raising a number to the 1/3 power means taking the cube root of it.
again, if
money = evil^(1/2)
then
money^2 = (evil^(1/2)^2)
and since raising a power to a power can be reduced by multiplying them together, (1/2 * 2 = 1)
money^2 = evil^1 = evil

lol, i've spent too much time with math.

that's a really old joke, by the way, revenuee. how long ago did you hear it?

revenuee
Jan 15, 2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by shadowfax
there is a square root in there.

money = evil ^(1/2)

raising a number to the 1/2 power means taking the square root of it, just like raising a number to the 1/3 power means taking the cube root of it.
again, if
money = evil^(1/2)
then
money^2 = (evil^(1/2)^2)
and since raising a power to a power can be reduced by multiplying them together, (1/2 * 2 = 1)
money^2 = evil^1 = evil

lol, i've spent too much time with math.

that's a really old joke, by the way, revenuee. how long ago did you hear it?

the first time ... about 6 years ago --- but it kinda got lost ... and then an then a friend of mine showed me it again a few weeks ago when we were talking about out recent "mishaps" we've experience with the girls/women in our life, and i was like " I remember this" ... and now it stuck

shadowfax
Jan 15, 2004, 08:24 AM
the first time ... about 6 years ago --- but it kinda got lost ... and then an then a friend of mine showed me it again a few weeks ago when we were talking about out recent "mishaps" we've experience with the girls/women in our life, and i was like " I remember this" ... and now it stuck yeah, it comes and goes, it seems like. it's pretty funny, really.

iJon
Jan 15, 2004, 11:45 AM
well from reading the other thread of his it looked like he tripped during the race and really lost his chances of winning if you ask me.

iJon

g30ffr3y
Jan 15, 2004, 12:01 PM
i didnt want to post that here... this is supposed to be a positive thread for others that may find themselves in my or a similiar situation... but yeah... i **** it up bad...

[mod. edit - Don't circumvent the profanity filter.]

iJon
Jan 15, 2004, 12:31 PM
i didnt want to post that here... this is supposed to be a positive thread for others that may find themselves in my or a similiar situation... but yeah... i **** it up bad...
good, now that you admit it move on and quit making threads about your day girlfriends ;)

iJon

g30ffr3y
Jan 15, 2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by iJon
good, now that you admit it move on and quit making threads about your day girlfriends ;)

iJon

only in jest...

your such a punk dude... : )

but your right... im just rationalizing and healing... the ship got a cannon ball dropped through the middle of it...

iJon
Jan 15, 2004, 12:59 PM
only in jest...

your such a punk dude... : )

but your right... im just rationalizing and healing... the ship got a cannon ball dropped through the middle of it...
sometimes you just need someone to tell you how it is, and nothing less or more.

iJon

g30ffr3y
Jan 16, 2004, 12:43 PM
things are back on the plus side... i updated my other thread... today is a good day...

im fighting the good fight for every guy/gal who gets down about relationships... which since this is a "computer geek" kinda place... i assume covers more than just me...

i even let her play with my ipod last night... out of its case... ooohhh... for me to trust someone even to do that is a breakthrough...

*note dirty minds... i really do mean my ipod... 30gig... all full... sniff... theres some tracks i could really do without having everyday anyhow...*

wdlove
Jan 16, 2004, 07:13 PM
I believe you g30ffr3y. I take it at face value. You sound like me, I would also have trouble letting another person handling something precious of mine. You are correct it is a matter of trust.

g30ffr3y
Jan 20, 2004, 09:25 AM

therefore
Women = Time X Money

Time = Money

Women = Money X Money

therefore
Women = (Money)^2

therefore
Money = (Evil)1/2

If one remembers
(Money)^2 = Women

Then

(Money)^2 = Evil

by substituting

Women = Evil

also... this was awesome and something i would come up with given enough time... i, as you can see, analyze the heck out of most everything...