PDA

View Full Version : US Websites that post to the UK???

pauld
Jan 14, 2004, 11:23 AM
Due to the current situation of a strong pound against the dollar a lot of people are supposedly purchasing from American internet sites and having the goods delivered to the U.K thus saving vast quantities of money.

Can anyone suggest some sites for me to look at (including one that sells iPods) that would post to the U.K?

Thanks a lot.

Winston Smith
Jan 14, 2004, 12:09 PM
I can't (yet) recommend any but I would also certainly welcome any suggestions as well.

My experiences so far of buying directly from the US have all been very positive.

edesignuk
Jan 14, 2004, 12:40 PM
Yup, I'd also be interested to hear of any, it's agreat time to buy from the US if you can :D

Nermal
Jan 14, 2004, 06:30 PM
I've found that it's quite difficult to find places in the US that sell Apple stuff internationally. I found one several months ago and posted it on here, but then a couple of weeks later they changed their policies :(

kettle
Jan 19, 2004, 03:33 PM
I think this would get more attention if the thread title used "sends Mail Order" instead of the word "post".

Blackstealth
Jan 19, 2004, 03:51 PM
I've had success buying items from Other World Computing (http://www.macsales.com). Haven't made any major purchases from them - just accelerator cards and memory - but they've saved me a considerable amount of cash. However I don't recall them offering iPods, or complete systems for that matter, and the like in their store.