Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
Ack! So many to choose from! I love a lot of things- magnetic connector, iSite, OS X in general, magnetic grasp, compact design, etc, etc.

But honestly, I think my favorite is the trackpad. It seems to be the perfect size and I love clicking or scrolling with two fingers.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
i swear there is a thread on this already but oh well...

i would say the keys. i like the chick-let keys. also the size of the whole computer.

but lets cut down on the weight somehow apple!

bsheridan

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
Front Row and the apple remote. So handy when reading a book etc and you want to change the music.

dean1012

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
temperature

I love the temperature!

My previous laptop was a Sony Vaio 3.2 GHz single core intel processor.

Within 10 minutes of boot up it would be 80 degrees celsius and would only go up from there.

This laptop is so nice with temperature.

Jak3

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I love the temperature!

My previous laptop was a Sony Vaio 3.2 GHz single core intel processor.

Within 10 minutes of boot up it would be 80 degrees celsius and would only go up from there.

This laptop is so nice with temperature.

Did you clean it's insides...my buddys laptop was heating up crazilly, so he opened it up, it was full of dust which was blocking airflow and therefore cooling... :rolleyes:

Jasoco

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
The two finger scrolling is amazing when I am not using my mouse. And right-clicking with two fingers as well as awesome. It's just so easy and totally kills the idea of having an actual second button. (Like PC laptops. Whenever I use a Windows laptop I find myself clicking the wrong button because I have to actually feel for which one I want to use. With my MacBook all I have to do is Click.. or put two fingers down and click. And I know exactly what it is going to do.)

The magnetic latch is just so easy to open and close and keeps the book closed. The button latch on my old iBook was just so inconvenient.

The hinge, although going all the way back to the original white iBook G3 is a genius idea that saves space and looks really nice.

The keyboard with the chicklet keys. I'm sorry, but I am so used to this kind of keyboard I can't even type on normal keyboards anymore. I guess I developed a soft touch. I find myself not pressing regular keyboard keys hard enough. But I don't care because the flat keyboard style needs to become the defacto standard for all future keyboards.

Magsafe. The magnetic easy to plug in and remove power plug. Protects from being thrown to the floor. And it doesn't bend like my old iBook's plug did. Damn that poor thing is so bent out of shape I'm surprised it still fits in the hole and powers the thing.

I want to add one more thing, but all I can think of is the easy to access HD bay and RAM slots. Which I have used a few times now.

ttech10

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2008
Feature? The biggest notable thing to me is two finger scrolling

Yea that's probably my favorite thing. I don't have to worry about using the arrow down button or using the arrow button or the scroller on the far right, which is a HUGE help because it makes everything so much quicker.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I am going to have to go with most of you too and say the trackpad, like the size, the feel and the touch features on it like 2 finger scrolling and the two finger tap for the secondary button.

feels like I am playing with a toy or something.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
The 250GB HDD and 4GB of RAM. That's two features. This thing bloody screams.

And it's black so people know I spent more and am obviously a better person than white MacBook owners.

Obviously.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
The 250GB HDD and 4GB of RAM. That's two features. This thing bloody screams.

And it's black so people know I spent more and am obviously a better person than white MacBook owners.

Obviously.

Either you're missing a "kidding" smiley or you're a bit too flashy!

I would rather purchase a white MB (Love the color) and have a 250GB HDD replace my 160GB not from Apple saving me $200!

Paying $200 more for something that gives you the ability to "show off" and call White MB owners foolish makes you a fool and the White MB owners intelligent!

P.S.: I own an iBook, 2 MBP and a WHITE MB amongst portables!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Either you're missing a "kidding" smiley or you're a bit too flashy!

I would rather purchase a white MB (Love the color) and have a 250GB HDD replace my 160GB not from Apple saving me $200!

Paying $200 more for something that gives you the ability to "show off" and call White MB owners foolish makes you a fool and the White MB owners intelligent!

P.S.: I own an iBook, 2 MBP and a WHITE MB amongst portables!

I bought the black one because I liked it more than the white one.

Having a more expensive machine means I have better taste, a better lifestyle and less odourous faeces.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
I bought the black one because I liked it more than the white one.

Having a more expensive machine means I have better taste, a better lifestyle and less odourous faeces.

The bit in bold is a proper reason!

Everything else is pure foolishness! I would rather purchase a dual Mac Pro than a gold plated Eee PC!

P.S.: If I remember correctly.... you've already been criticized for this foolishness in the forum before! No?

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
My favorite feature is a working sleep mode :)

coming from windows laptops i was never able to get them to sleep properly so i ended up just hibernating them

My macbook sleeps like a baby and no issues whatsoever. just close the lid and go.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Did you clean it's insides...my buddys laptop was heating up crazilly, so he opened it up, it was full of dust which was blocking airflow and therefore cooling... :rolleyes:

well i think the problem might also be the single processor running at 3 + ghz in a laptop....

those tend to get hot lol

mckyvlle

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2007
London, UK
Another vote for the MacBook keyboard.
It looked weird to me when it first came out, turns out to be the nicest feeling keyboard so far. (Till I get a IBM Model M ;))

The large touchpad and two-finger scrolling/right-click, very very useful!

Overall, the whole MacBook is well designed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.