Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ibanez Strummer

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2007
Hey, there is definitely one at the new development. It's still only at base build stage so won't open for a couple of months, but I go past it everyday to get the shop I am working on myself. There are both signs outside the store itself and on the floor map.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
Hey, there is definitely one at the new development. It's still only at base build stage so won't open for a couple of months, but I go past it everyday to get the shop I am working on myself. There are both signs outside the store itself and on the floor map.

I take it this means Westfield is going to miss it's opening of October...?

Phazer

Ibanez Strummer

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2007
I take it this means Westfield is going to miss it's opening of October...?

Phazer

I think it will go over yep. I haven't seen a single shop in the development that is actually being fitted out interior design wise, though most are wrapping up the base build things so probably shouldn't be too long. The actual centre looks good and would most probably be ready for the 30th October like planned, but the shops might not be for a little longer unless the workforce is stepped up. I don't know how long fitting out takes, but if similar to the shop I'm in, it probably won't start for 3-4 weeks which only leaves them another 4 to completely finish. We will have to wait and see I guess......

A Milli

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
I will be working at Whity City, Westfield and it will be opening on time.

All the big stores like Debenhams, House of Fraser, Next, Marks and Spencers etc. Have already started stocking up etc

Smaller stores like JD Sports, Uniqlo, H&M will start stocking on Monday.

So be assured it will open on time :D

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
I will be working at Whity City, Westfield and it will be opening on time.

All the big stores like Debenhams, House of Fraser, Next, Marks and Spencers etc. Have already started stocking up etc

Smaller stores like JD Sports, Uniqlo, H&M will start stocking on Monday.

So be assured it will open on time :D

Hmm. Given the state of the place when I saw it a week ago I'll be staggered if it's safe for the public on the 30th.

Phazer

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
I went there this morning, back at work now. Will post up pics in a moment...

Got the Apple T-shirt, was black and said :apple: White City on the front. The usual. Won't bother taking a pic as I'm sure you all know what they look like. Besides, I'm back at work now. It was pretty crap if I'm honest (the shirt), but my first Apple Store opening.

There were long queues to get in, but it moved fairly quickly despite the attempts of queue-jumpers who were dealt with pretty quickly, it must be said.

For those of you who have heard of/been to an Apple Store opening, they did the whole Apple "we've had too much sugar" thing. Though it did put a smile on my face. They lined up by the doors and yelled and 'whooped' as each person came in, saying "welcome" etc and throwing some high-fives. Some cameras present also being that the White-city thing is quite a big deal in the local area. Store was nice, not the biggest but laid out as per-usual.

As an added bonus, well for me and not my girlfriend, the La Senza store had lots of lovely ladies in La Senza lingere posing outside, in the display booths and instore. They were stunning. Reminds me of stag party in Vegas... Happy times :p

hank-b

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2008
As an added bonus, well for me and not my girlfriend, the La Senza store had lots of lovely ladies in La Senza lingere posing outside, in the display booths and instore. They were stunning. Reminds me of stag party in Vegas... Happy times :p

I was there too and got my Apple White City t-shirt. Lots of nice shiny Apple stuff. Sadly I missed the La Senza attractions :(

- HB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.