Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickster9224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
i bought an iphone yesterday and mobile me. i can make changes on the phone and it will instantly go on me.com. but whenever i make changes to contacts or calendars on me.com. it never makes it too my iphone. help please?

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
Have you gone into your me.com settings and enabled Push? If not do so. Also, your me.com only syncs every fifteen minutes. So make sure you don't make a change on your MacBook and then shut it down. If you have to head out then hit the "sync now" button so everything goes to your phone.

My iCal and Contacts have worked awesome with the push syncing but my mail is up and down and for the moment its down.

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I believe mobileme push service is busted. I haven't had emails pushed to me in a few days. Prior to that, it was pushing just fine for weeks.

I've since set it to fetch on my phone, so at least it'll check it once in a while. If it's set to push and push is not working, you'll never see emails until you actually open the mail app. Very frustrating.

xolan99

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
I signed up on Friday for the free-trial...NOT ONCE have I gotten an email pushed. Meanwhile, Yahoo works almost every time.

Grrr...

shaysnngel

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
mobileme doesn't push, yahoo does???

xolan, you say that you signed up for the free trial and that it doesn't work but yahoo works almost every time. does yahoo have a push feature or are you just fetching quite often??

MindStalker

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
I had this problem

i bought an iphone yesterday and mobile me. i can make changes on the phone and it will instantly go on me.com. but whenever i make changes to contacts or calendars on me.com. it never makes it too my iphone. help please?

I had the same problem.
go into settings -> advanced and turn your push accounts back to manual.
check your email, exit
check your calendar, exit
reboot your iphone completly
turn accounts back to push
recheck your email and calendar.
Push should work instantly! (well for email, calendar is still a bit slow)

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
What about bookmarks? As of today, for some reason, I can't get my bookmarks pushed onto my iPhone and they are all gone!

I verified a few times on my PC which has MobileMe running and synching my PC Safari Bookmarks. The MM control panel says it is successfully synching. My bookmarks are all there in PC Safari. But the iPhone isn't pulling anything down!

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I have contacted Apple many times about this issue. there really is no push at all. I have checked my phone only to see that it has not been updated in over 8 hours. (over EDGE with good signal) So far nothings changed

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Push not working for me either, so I'm trying MindStalkers suggestion. This combined with mobileme's performance on the XP machine at work - I reply to an email, press send, and it just refreshes the page to the inbox, loosing the repy completely :mad: - are making me very unhappy with ther service...

saschke

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Had an iPhone since September 2007, as of yesterday, MobileMe stopped pushing Mail, iCal and Contacts to my iPhone. Tried every trick in the book, didn't help.

I'm in the same boat here :(

spacedout17

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
Texas
Glad its not just me that's having this problem. Over the weekend push stoped working. have not really done any thing yet (like deleting the info then adding it back to get it working) i think Apple may just be having some issues. we will see.

jb60606

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
Chicago
Anyone having this problem the past few days?

I just replaced my iPhone 3G after the MIC died. Ever since, I only get new emails when I physically click through to my Mail inbox.

I made sure that MobileMe is using 'PUSH'

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Anyone having this problem the past few days?

I just replaced my iPhone 3G after the MIC died. Ever since, I only get new emails when I physically click through to my Mail inbox.

I made sure that MobileMe is using 'PUSH'

I do.
I just started a thread where I mentioned it (Where to Complain?)
I have a 3G and usually I get my mails to my iPhone before my MBP.
Now I have to go into the acoount before it connects to the mail server

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I know this is probably a stupid question, but did you reboot your phone by holding down both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears?

Once in a great while my phone will go stupid, and 99.9% of the time that works.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Push quit on my sometime last night. Tried the disable and re enable and it's working for now. I'm guessing this is just a hiccup in the service and apple will fix it and put out a press release

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I can't send email on my phone using MobileMe. Says something about the SMTP server.

I get that message once in a blue moon for my Gmail SMTP server, but I've never gotten it for the MobileMe server. Have you changed your password recently? The iPhone won't tell you your password is wrong (at least, it didn't for me when I changed mine), it will just stop behaving normally until you change the password on the iPhone to match.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.