PDA

View Full Version : macs and jewelry/piercings/tattoos

jefhatfield
May 26, 2002, 12:00 PM
what do you all have on your body?

i wear a wedding ring, cheap functional watch, and a high school style class ring

i was a businessman type once and i read that jewelry is all bad except for wedding ring and modest looking (not gaudy) watch

everything i read referred to class rings or men's rings as something minorities and poor whites would wear...a throwback from the run-dmc look

since i am a minority, but i don't care for run-dmc...he he...i bought a josten's like class ring to be "different" and "ethnic" somehow...i figured it was safer than piecing my eyebrow to make a "statement"

hey, i wouldn't want to look like a rich republican...he he...i already wear khakis and have short hair and drive a tan volvo...i get enough dirty looks already from my fellow liberals who probably think i am in the top one percent of the income level:p

King Cobra
May 26, 2002, 12:06 PM
The closest that I would come to jewerly would be my King Cobra baseball cap (which isn't really jewerly) and a scratched watch, which has helped me in classes without a clock.

Fear the King.

teabgs
May 26, 2002, 12:43 PM
I have 2 earings in my left ear and 2 earings in my right ear. I have a wallet with 2 chains connected, one which is small and one which is a bit longer. I also sport a chained pocket watch.

My keys are on a D-ring attched to my belt loop and I also usually carry a leatherman on my belt.

I used to wear 11 rings on 9 fingers but stopped that 3 years ago...still have them though.

3rdpath
May 26, 2002, 12:45 PM
no tats

one small silver hoop in each ear

thin 40's style white gold wedding ring with two tiny diamonds

thin leather rope anklet with a silver thingee on it( my wife has a matching one-we're just geeks...)

and i choose which watch i wear by the day's activities...i'm a watch geek:D

MacAztec
May 26, 2002, 12:47 PM
Not on guys...

Tatooes? Yuk! :o

cleo
May 26, 2002, 12:54 PM
the only jewelry i can remember to wear is that that doesn't get taken out. anything else i have a habit of taking off and leaving somewhere random, so i just don't wear watches or rings. so... i have my nose pierced with a piece of tiger's eye surrounded in gold in it... both of my earlobes are stretched to 2g with baltic amber plugs in them... in my right ear i have an "industrial" piercing (a bar that spans the width of my ear)... i used to have my tongue pierced for about 4 years, but had to take it out when i had mono... had my eyebrow pierced 4 times, but it just won't take... also have three other piercings that won't be mentioned here :)...

no tattoos yet, but one day.

britboy
May 26, 2002, 12:58 PM
I have no tatooes or piercings (don't intend to get any either). I've got enough scars that i don't need anything else to make me stand out!

I wear an engagement ring (which i will be swapping for a wedding ring later this year), and a small chain necklace. Other than that, a fairly plain watch and.... does dying my hair count for anything? :)

Rower_CPU
May 26, 2002, 01:57 PM
1 piercing in left ear

Watch on left wrist - dressy or sporty, according to the occasion

No tats

I'm pretty boring, really. :(

[edit: I know a guy who has/had a "Prince Albert". Does that make me more interesting? :p ]

Mr. Anderson
May 26, 2002, 02:29 PM
Not as boring as me

Wedding ring

No tats, no piercings.

I have a watch, but I have a tendency to destroy the watch bands (playing ultimate and laying out for the disk adds some wear and tear) and that's the only time I take my ring off. Just the thought of trying to explain losing the ring.....

eyelikeart
May 26, 2002, 02:33 PM
most people would think that an artsy person would have tats...piercings...whatever...

I have none...I almost got an earring a few years ago....but decided better against it...

I wear my Fossil watch...no jewelry otherwise...

I'm one of those people who is happier with the less he has to bring with him...very minimalist...;)

AlphaTech
May 26, 2002, 02:38 PM
One watch (Titanium Seiko) and one ring. The ring is one my father designed for my HS grad... so that I wouldn't get one of those cheesy class rings that you wear for a year or two. I still wear it every day.

I am about to get a ring made since my grandmother passed away and left a piece with several diamonds in it. My mother and aunt are getting the diamonds pulled and they are being given to the top 7 grandchildren :D... I will have a ring made, with that put into it. Of course, something cool.

Macette
May 26, 2002, 11:25 PM
Both nipples and tragus.

Used to have an eyebrow stud, but got bored.

Ditto tongue.

Watch (yellow, big).

Occasional bit of leather with some of wooden beads from prague. occasional bit of leather with dice that spell my name. occasional bit of (better quality) leather with a silver disc on it, which has a Ceres symbol on it (from girlfriend).

Occasional anklet from northern india.

jelloshotsrule
May 26, 2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I'm pretty boring, really. :(

[edit: I know a guy who has/had a "Prince Albert". Does that make me more interesting? :p ]

sure... a "guy"... also, don't put this thread off color. please. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

my video teacher brought in a tape of his female friend getting her nether regions pierced.... in school. it was... well, odd. he claimed it was his best work yet. haha

both tragi. dat's it

ohhhhh... temporary tattoos for 25 at the bowling alley!

and the cheapest watch i can find.

iGav
May 27, 2002, 07:03 AM
G-Shock on my wrist........

My left ear is pierced twice, although I only have one stud in......

I have a nose ring...

And also my lip is pierced........ and am seriously considering adding another ring next to it......

I'm in the middle of designing a tatoo for my right forearm........ something original, and definitely not of celtic origin........ :D will be getting this done on the onset of winter, when long sleeves will cover it up whilst it is healing.....

Once had my nether region piercing as well, although I removed it a while ago, as it began to annoy me....... :eek:

And one toe ring..... I'd love to have a thumb ring, but I can't stand rings on my fingers...... it really really bugs me....... and I worry that they'll get stuck on........

Beej
May 27, 2002, 07:18 AM
* waterproof rip curl watch that I never take off
* pierced left ear, I haven't worn anything in it for the last year or so
* silver necklace (ahem... chain :D) not big and bulky, buy not fine

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

my video teacher brought in a tape of his female friend getting her nether regions pierced.... in school. it was... well, odd. he claimed it was his best work yet. haha

wow...I cannot believe your teacher did that...

I went to a Catholic high school...needless to say...they upheld very "pure" standards when it came to stuff like that...

out of curiosity....what grade are u in??

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

wow...I cannot believe your teacher did that...

I went to a Catholic high school...needless to say...they upheld very "pure" standards when it came to stuff like that...

out of curiosity....what grade are u in??

He's at NYU film school. There is no way something like that could ever fly at a High School, let alone a Catholic one. Yeouch, couldn't even imagine the law suits....

britboy
May 27, 2002, 10:58 AM

Perhaps without being too graphic, what is a 'Prince Albert'?

joshb
May 27, 2002, 11:44 AM
I'm normally wearing either a bra strap around my neck (hey, i should get points for creativity.) or a beaded chain, 2 white bangles on my left wrist with another beaded chain, and about 20 black bangles on my right wrist, with rings randomly thrown in...

iGav
May 27, 2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by britboy

Perhaps without being too graphic, what is a 'Prince Albert'?

You ain't that innocent..... :p

Woman don't have one.... hence why only men can have it done....;)

britboy
May 27, 2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by iGAV

You ain't that innocent..... :p

I sometimes wonder.... ;)

Woman don't have one.... hence why only men can have it done....;)

I think i get the picture now. Thanks, i think...

Rower_CPU
May 27, 2002, 12:14 PM
Alright, you asked for it:

WARNING!!! THE FOLLOWING
LINK DISPLAYS GRAPHIC IMAGES
OF MALE GENITALIA...

DO NOT CLICK IT IF YOU DON'T
WANT TO SEE IT...

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/09-male/pa/

Pretty messed up, if you ask me.

britboy
May 27, 2002, 12:19 PM
Alright, you asked for it:

WARNING!!! THE FOLLOWING
LINK DISPLAYS GRAPHIC IMAGES
OF MALE GENITALIA...

DO NOT CLICK IT IF YOU DON'T
WANT TO SEE IT...

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/09-male/pa/

Pretty messed up, if you ask me.

Damn, now i'm *really* sorry i asked. I'd pretty much gotten the general idea from iGav, didn't need the graphic nightmare-inducing horror show!

I hate to imagine what you had to wade through to find that....

Rower_CPU
May 27, 2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by britboy
Damn, now i'm *really* sorry i asked. I'd pretty much gotten the general idea from iGav, didn't need the graphic nightmare-inducing horror show!

I hate to imagine what you had to wade through to find that....

heh...just a simple Google search...thank god!:D

iGav
May 27, 2002, 12:31 PM
When I had mine done, it was far nicer looking..... :D :p

But I didn't have a prince albert, i just had the...... well I'll leave it there I think... :p

3rdpath
May 27, 2002, 01:23 PM
so much for the weenie roast today...guess its back to gardenburgers.

and can i just say OUCH!:eek: :eek: