Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
It's strange, I know I definately have not deleted it. In fact I can open Windows using Parallels and it works fine. The image says 'My Boot Camp.pvs' However I cannot close Leopard and boot into Windows. The disc image has compeltely disapppeared.

When I click on 'Startup Disk, all that is there is 'Mac OS X, 10.5.4 on Macintosh HD' and an image 'Network Startup' That is all
If I restart the machine then it just OS X boots up. I am not given a choice, even I hold down the option key.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
Boot from your Windows disc (XP or Vista - hold option and choose the CD/DVD or just hold down "C" with the disc in the drive) and either run the Vista utility to repair the Windows partition or fixboot from the recovery console in XP. If fixboot does not work you might want to try fixmbr. More info on both of these is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058. The Vista repair utility is more straightforward.

This should fix repair your partition so that the Mac detects it again on startup.

conril

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
make sure you are inside (clicked on) the windowx xp boot window without a cd, it'll say it can't find the cd, put the cd in, click retry, then it will work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.