Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rezatavasoli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Hello guys, I recently got this problem at work that I can't have the users that running imac in to our network to authenticate. basically two of our users using imac running Leopard and I can get them to log to there share folders but when they trying to copy something to there shared folders it error out and it say that " The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items. " help please.

foshizzle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
did you bind them to the active directory from the directory utility (apps->utilities)?

If not, theres a great apple video on their website (cant remember where) about it.

rezatavasoli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
It did help me a little but in the end when I ping my DC it give me some other IP address which I don't even what that is ???????....

john0026

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2007
In the utilities folder click to directory utilities
Show advanced settings
Click on the services tab on top and make sure active directory is checked
Click on the little pencil icon at the bottom left
In the active directory domain text box add the windows domain name then click on the bind button, then you should be able to view any of the network drives on the domain on the network and map network drives of view shared folders on that windows domain
**make sure you run any updates before binding the imac to the domain**

cal81985

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
Hello guys, I recently got this problem at work that I can't have the users that running imac in to our network to authenticate. basically two of our users using imac running Leopard and I can get them to log to there share folders but when they trying to copy something to there shared folders it error out and it say that " The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items. " help please.

Try reading from that folder. If you can copy from the shared folder to your Mac, the problem is most likely the format of the hard drive where the shared folder is located. Macs can only read from NTFS, and if it's a Windows network, the drives are usually formatted in NTFS. If you want to be able to read and write from both Mac and PC, the drive must be formatted in FAT32.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.