PDA

View Full Version : Selling my old iBook G3 for spare parts???

pavlias
Sep 3, 2008, 01:43 AM
Ok, i dont really know if this is the appropriate place to ask this... :p

so, I ve got this really old iBook G3, bought in 2002 when i was in uni, and i ve been using it now as a backup, as for a while now i own a G5 (too many details i know!!! ) so.... this iBook has got a burned processor now n its basicaly useless, and its too expensive n pointless to buy i new processor...

the question is....isit possible to sell it somewhere for parts or something or should i just toss it away in a junk yard or something?? any suggestions?? any websites i should go to to sell it or give it away or something??

techound1
Sep 3, 2008, 02:08 PM
When you get your post count up, you can list it in the classifieds here. If you want to get rid of it now, there is always ebay. At the very least, don't toss it - there are heavy metals in computer parts that can leach into groundwater, despoil the environment, and otherwise lead to the end of the earth. Oops, off topic there... Seriously, if you don't find a taker, please recycle it.

pavlias
Sep 5, 2008, 01:14 AM
I know what you meen!! Thats why i been loking to sell it in someway...Not so much for the money as for the environment factor...I know im not gonna make much from it!! i checked in ebay and everyone is selling one, similar to mine!!! but i dont see anyone bidding or buying!! :p

ddeadserious
Sep 5, 2008, 01:17 AM
Shoot me some pictures and the hardware specifications of it, and I'd probably take it; m.forbush@hotmail.com

pavlias
Sep 5, 2008, 12:18 PM
Shoot me some pictures and the hardware specifications of it, and I'd probably take it; m.forbush@hotmail.com

Hey,

I ve already sent you some pics and the specs of the iBook at your email...

computerwiz222
Sep 7, 2008, 08:04 AM
There are a ton of parts that someone else could use...

Try eBay, Kijiji, Craigslist etc...

You could also buy a hard drive enclosure and put the hard drive in that.

Or you could just keep it! Sentimental value lol