PDA

View Full Version : Track Pad Key - Odd Behaviour (Powerbook G4 15")

Rukspin
Sep 3, 2008, 09:09 AM
Hi,

I own a Powerbook G4, 15", 1.67GHz, 512MB.

My track pad (mouse) key has been acting up lately.

At times it's hyper-sensitive / unresponsive.
But mostly the issue is when I tap the button once, the cursor behaves as if I'm holding it down e.g. moves windows / icons, highlights text etc...

Another bizaar anomally occurs when clicking an icon / file. The option box appears (normally attributted to simultaneous pressing of apple key+mouse key).

I have searched for similar problems however only obtained threads regarding mouse key sensitivity.

I intend to adjust the mouse preferences to 'Tapping' when I return home but if you can offer an explanation / possible solution to these peculiarities I will be much oblidged.

Cheers

MacDuck
Sep 3, 2008, 09:52 AM
I had the same problem with my PB- same model too. Some background: 2 logic board replacements and a hard drive failure. Had the mouse problem in tiger as well as leopard.

Finally dragged the machine into apple care a month before it expired. They replaced the keyboard and mouse enclosures and it took care of the problem which was extremely annoying.

Sometimes the trackpad would stop working and had to use an external mouse. Good luck.