Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I am sad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
hello everyone,
I need help with my ipodtouch and I'm going to tell you the whole story
I bought an ipod touch a couple of months ago it had v.1.1.4(with soft ware upgrade) I wanted to get the 2.0 update but itunes isn't avaliable were I live so I went for leaked I downloaded a file from the web , clicked restore on itunes while pressing shift ,choose the update file ,then pressed ok it restored and I got 2.0 which had bugs and gliches then I upgraded to 2.0.1 . I still had bugs so I took it to the store to get it fixed . but they jail broke it! and I paid 20$ . so I restored and took it to apple head office where I spoke to the engineer he told me hw will remove the old software and install the official 1.1.4(with software upgrade)
I got it yesterday and I have been having some gliches:
when I was syncing my ipod I closed itunes and the ipod swiched on showing apple mark
when I used youtube search all videos times were 00.00 when I checed featured videos and went back to search everything was normal
and I feel that the sound controller sometimes freezes when I try to adjust the volume
I don't know weather it's normal maybe it's because sometimes I go far from the router
please help me my ipod is the 32gb and I feel very guilty
also when I put the ipod back in the box and then wanted to use it I found it turned on it was saying slide to power off at the head of the screen. I think it had been turned on while being in box
I am thinking of selling it what do you think? it caused me enough troubles till now
and I hope someone posts a reply!
anyones?!

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
also when I put the ipod back in the box and then wanted to use it I found it turned on it was saying slide to power off at the head of the screen. I think it had been turned on while being in box

To be honest that sounds like when you put it back in the box it was in a position where the sleep/wake button (the button on the top) was being held down by the edge of the box; that would explain why it got turned on and it would also explain why the "slide to power off" graphic had appeared.

I am sad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
thank you

thanks alot for your help but what do you think of the other gliches i had are they normal?
thank you very much for posting a reply

itzdemo

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Austin Texas
think the problem could be becuse of the upgrade.

i think the 2.x upgrades the bootloader and if you go back to a lower firmware it will have bugs like that. well mine did after i tried 2.0 and went back to 1.1.4..

after 2.0.1 came out i tried that one and it's did fine. now i got 2.0.2 and i havent had any bugs. might restart on some apps but to me that normal in all firmware vers..

I am sad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
thanks

thanks for replying but I have no warnty coz I bought it from the U.A.E and I live in egypt but I can sell it.the engineer at apple head office told me he returned it good as new maybe I'm imagining stuff but if I want to sell it how much will i get for it
I use all of my stuff gently I have never dropped it I own the heeadphones and the usb cable and a stand I also got a hard case for it
but it has some scraches at the backplate as it is very sensitive

I am sad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
any way to fix my horrible mistake

:apple: I love apple products soo much and I want to know how to fix it without having to update to 2.0
I'm so Desperate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need help
thank you

I am sad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
I still need help with my itouch

now that I have bugs and I can't have my money back what's the best thing to do should I sell it or there is actually any chance of fixing it:confused::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.