Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Hey guys... apologies if i'm asking a stupid question, but i have my Documents in the Documents folder on my mac and was wondering how i could set this up so that the contents of this Documents folder are automatically sync'd with my iDisk... like an automated back up type of thing.

Am i missing something obvious?

Cheers,

Mark.

goobimama

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2008
I don't think that is possible with iDisk in any obvious way.

I'm moving into uncharted territory so I'm not sure if this is gonna work. Download the Backup application (available in your MobileMe account settings) and set up a sync from there. Should work since it is designed for iDisk.

If you want to sync data from one folder to another across a network or internet, check out Chronosync. If you just want a backup, checkout Mozybackup.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
Why not physically place those folders inside the iDisk folder in Finder? You can still place them in your Finder sidebar but instead of pointing to /user/name it will point to /user/name/otherstuff/idisk/morestuff

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Why not physically place those folders inside the iDisk folder in Finder? You can still place them in your Finder sidebar but instead of pointing to /user/name it will point to /user/name/otherstuff/idisk/morestuff

That's what I do, since apps sometimes put preferences in the Documents folder (I'm looking at you Office!!!!). So for all my docs, I just put them in my documents folder on my iDisk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.