Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KBFinFan

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2003
Connecticut, USA
Slightly damp cloth/tissue/paper towel... then just wipe it clean.

Works well on the case too.. keeping it simple usually works well.

iKlear is often recommended but there is a thread floating around about some of its negative aspects.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by KBFinFan
Slightly damp cloth/tissue/paper towel... then just wipe it clean.

Works well on the case too.. keeping it simple usually works well.

iKlear is often recommended but there is a thread floating around about some of its negative aspects.

What are some of the negative aspects about iKlear. I'm currently using the product. It seems to do a good job.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Some people say it streaks the screan when you wipe it. But, someone else said if you wipe it while the screen is room temperature it doesn't streak. I just picked up some iKlear last week at the Cambridgeside store and am going
to try it out.

alexdugman

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2004
Endust

endust for electronics.

it is amazing.

it will take every little mark, including the grease from the keyboard.

it is amazing

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
I have one of the microfiber cloths but it doesn't get rid of smudges that are more than a couple days old. I need something liquid but won't damage it. Water sort of cuts it i just didn't know if there was something easy which would work.
Excalibur313

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
how often do you need to clean your screens from smudging? i hardly ever clean my CRT iMac screen, am i going to want to clean my powerbook screen very often (will purchase within next few months)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.