PDA

View Full Version : How Many Kiwis?

atodd
May 27, 2002, 12:06 AM
In response to the recent Aussie thread, are there any New Zealanders around here? Apart from me? We're reasonably pro-Mac down here, only one school in my city uses PCs, haha.

So, anyone? Heh, I like living in a small country:D

Rower_CPU
May 27, 2002, 12:23 AM
Isn't the kiwi a small, flightless bird?

And a small, fuzzy fruit?

Weird. Sorry, mate, you may be the only one here...or at least, the only who'll own up to it.

So what's New Zealand like? I've heard it's beautiful, and from the pictures I've seen, that seems to be true.

atodd
May 27, 2002, 01:06 AM
OK, I'd better admit it. I can only call myself a Kiwi (i.e. a New Zealander; that would be kiwiFRUIT or a specific species of Kiwi, we are called Kiwis because that is our national bird) because I was born here. I lived in the USA for ten years, the majority of my currently short life. I just moved back a few years ago. So the whole "mate" thing means nothing to me. And rugby [shudder] means zilch as well. Normally I just play on my Mac and gloat to others about getting free box seats from Air New Zealand (so frickin' many frequent flyer miles).

It is quite beautiful if you drive outside the city for half an hour or so. Depending on the city, of course. Yes, I have seen the Edoras set for Lord of the Rings. Granted, it was from a distance, but whew, was it big. Wow! We've got a prime location for films - mountains, plains, lakes, rivers, etc. are all here. And fjords! Slartibartfast would be proud.

Dagnabit, it seems as though you are right. I'm alone! (sob)

Judo
Jun 5, 2002, 06:44 AM
WOOO HOOOO

Make that 2 Kiwis :) :) :)

I'm a New Zealander born and breed, and I don't like rugby too. I don't have the luxery of being able to use a mac at home though
:( but I am a certified configuration and service Apple Technician lookin for work, and will hopefully be using macs again soon.

Beej
Jun 5, 2002, 07:31 AM
As a proud Australian, I feel obliged to say...

Boo... kiwis... boo!

Hey, I have to. It's part of the Australian way! :D

mac15
Jun 6, 2002, 06:10 PM
woah beej
way to start a cross tasman rival, we already kicked their ass in the union worldcup.....what more do we need;)