PDA

View Full Version : I created an iPod Touch backup with iTunes, can I restore it Mac iPod Touch?

ahrenba
Sep 4, 2008, 06:31 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been using Windows, and am planning to get a MacBook soon.

When I synced my iPod I let it go through the EXTREMELY long backup process. I have that backup file on my hard drive now.

My question is:

Since, this backup was done of a Windows formatted iPod, when I switch to Mac and reformat my iPod in the Mac format, can I still use this backup to restore to it?

If so, how do you "choose" a file to restore from?

TEG
Sep 4, 2008, 06:37 PM
The iPod Touch is in the same format at all times, as with all flash based iPods, FAT32, since HFS+ is not optimal for flash memory. Therefore your question is a moot point, since you will not have to reformat the iPod touch.

TEG

ahrenba
Sep 4, 2008, 06:39 PM
The iPod Touch is in the same format at all times, as with all flash based iPods, FAT32, since HFS+ is not optimal for flash memory. Therefore your question is a moot point, since you will not have to reformat the iPod touch.

TEG

This is what I originally thought, but I have read in a couple different sources that when you plug your "Windows" iPod into a Mac iTunes, it'll ask to format it. Is this not the case?

EDIT: OH! I understand what you meant now. Only the hard-drive based iPod's required the re-formatting? Ah! That makes sense!