PDA

View Full Version : eMac problem, install disc won't work!!

alphajerk
Sep 4, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hey all, I am trying to take my eMac back down to OSX 10.2, which is the original OSX that it came with when I bought it. It had tiger on it and I can not get the original install disc to boot when I try and do a restart while pressing "C". On startup, it goes to the screen that says "You computer needs to be restarted, press your on button for several seconds". So, I just used DBAN to completely wipe the HD, hoping that would help it, since maybe it was having trouble since tiger was still on there. The HD is now completely wiped blank and the disc still won't mount. I put in my Leopard disc just to see if that would work and it booted right up and was ready to start installing. Why won't the original disc work? The disc looks brand new, there are no scratches or anything like that on it. Any ideas? Thanks for any input!

mad jew
Sep 4, 2008, 10:39 PM
Have you tried booting and holding OPTION instead? :)

alphajerk
Sep 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah, holding down option does the exact same thing and I get the "you must restart your computer" screen.

akidd
Mar 31, 2009, 10:20 AM
Alphajerk, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I can't get Office to install so thought I'd reinstall 10.3.9 and start over, but I get the same problems you had. Did you ever find a solution?
Thanks