Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
I want a Flickr type of website where I can share my pics with friends.

I hace a MobileMe account, will this work? or is there a more convinient site?

I don't wanna use Flickr because I don't use Yahoo, and don't wanna get an account just for this.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Aren't you going to have to open an account with who ever you go with?

I admit having the rest of yahoo thrown in might be a pain.

Have you googled photo hosting sites?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Flickr Pro is what I have and it's $24 a year i think, and that's for unlimited storage. Also try Picasa, they just released Picasa 3 for windows, mac later...

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
:confused: You don't want to get an account? Aside from the fact that I can't fathom why that would be such a big deal, how would you expect any site to be able to identify your pictures as belonging to you without having a user account??

I use Flickr, I pay the $25/yr for unlimited everything. Picasa is pretty good too.

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
I'd recommend smugmug... Normally it's $40 a year but if you google "smugmug coupon code" it's pretty easy to find a 50% off coupon, so I got it for $19.97 a year...

Unlimited storage, automatic generation of 9 different photo sizes, full resolution photo storage, slideshows, custom themes, online photo ordering, customized galleries, direct linking of any size... It's really nice... I'd recommend it to anyone...

osin

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
New Jersey
if you decide to pay for the hosting your photos I would highly recommend http://www.zenfolio.com just take a look how nice is their design and their customer service is top notch. most of my email were answered within 10 minutes :eek:

while subscribing you can use this referral code:YRF-6XN-3BX and you will save $5

DCBass

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Why not mobileme?

I don't understand.

Mobile Me is absolutely the best option here. Their gallery setup is fantastic for sharing with friends and family, especially since you can allow them to upload their pics to a particular album. Along with the password protections and movie capability, this should be your best option.

If you already have a mobileme account, you can't do any better imo.

I'd have it too if I wasn't such a cheap#$%. ;)

Cheers,

DCBass

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
I don't understand.

Mobile Me is absolutely the best option here. Their gallery setup is fantastic for sharing with friends and family, especially since you can allow them to upload their pics to a particular album. Along with the password protections and movie capability, this should be your best option.

Cheers,

DCBass

I think I'll stick to MobileMe

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
I don't understand.

Cheers,

DCBass

Thats why I stuck with Flickr... Photo and movie capability, and 1/4 the price of mobileme....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.