Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. At work (XP Pro SP2), I need to use Fire Fox (3.0.1) for access to my Mobile Me accounts. When I do, reading in the preview pane is OK, but replying can get painfully slow. Slow like an old 300 baud BBS connection (anyone out there besides me old enough to remember that?).

Fortunately, I have my iPhone to reply to urgent messages, but writing a long reply is much better with a full-size keyboard. I tried it with IE some time ago, but IE 6 didn't like the Mobile Me site at all.

Any ideas?

:apple::apple:

JimmyMcJim

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
Yes I'm having exactly the same problems using FireFox on a decent spec PC running XP Pro SP2 at work. The pages take an age to load, e-mails freeze halfway through typing them - there's other bugs too (sending a new mail the button to add contacts won't work until I've been in to contacts section once and clicked "e-mail contact" from there).

However looking at comments on Apple's own forums this problem isn't exclusive to FireFox or to PC users.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1674715&tstart=0

I'm new to .Mac / MobileMe having bought an iPhone in the summer this year, but unless accessing my account via the web interface becomes a less maddening experience I won't be continuing with it when my trial runs out in December. In fact at the moment I'm haven't bothered e-mailing all my contacts to give them my .me e-mail address because its such a pain to use - I'm sticking to Hotmail for most things (I sometimes even use Safari on my iPhone to access my Hotmail!!)

Come on Apple - SORT THIS OUT!!! We're used to Microsoft releasing un-tested / buggy applications - don't you start too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.