Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applephysci

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
CA
I was at my local Bestbuy and just found that BestBuy offers the Belkin Tunebase for $93.99. I quickly opened safari on my iPhone, checked local prices, and found that Walmart offers it for $54.00. I then purchased the BestBuy Tunebase for $93.99 and walked straight to Bestbuy customer service, and asked them to pricematch it to Walmart.

Bestbuy policy states that you get the lower matched price PLUS a discount of 10% of the difference. That in my opinion is the lowest price you can get on the Belkin Tunebase, period.

Immediately plugged it in my car, and found that it works really well with the iPhone 3g. What I like about this is that it has an auxillary output. So if I dont like the music from the FM transmission, I switch to aux.

No wires to plug into my iphone, no looking for the charger, etc.. Snap my iphone into the Belkin Tunebase, and I'm good to go. My inbuilt bluetooth speakers take care of my iPhone calls, and the Belkin takes care of my iPhone music.

Link to Bestbuy Belkin Tunebase FM with clearscan.

Also my thanks to JVV for his recommendation of the Tunebase.
JVV said:
I just got this one by Belkin called the iPhone Tunebase. It's amazing. It's a charger/cradle/FM transmitter all in one. As an added bonus it also has an AUX output opening on the bottom:). I've seen it in Apple Retail Stores as well as Best Buy. Costs around $80-90 and the clarity is amazing:cool:

Note:
a) The tunebase may not state that it is compatible with iphone. It however works just fine with the 3g.
b) When it comes to pricematch, your mileage may vary. You might want to give this a shot before BestBuy gets wind of this, and rectifies their prices, or before Walmart decides to hike their prices.

peanut48

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2006
Hi

Could you tell me if this is a similar but cheaper alternative to the tunebase. It is unbranded and advertised as for iPods.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
well the markup on items like that is insane.
i work at best buy so we get accessories dirt cheap.
$6 HDMI that would retail $90. woot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.