PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any free tech specific-new email updates?

anneleonard
Jan 16, 2004, 12:56 PM
I've just started a job where I need to know as soon as new versions of application software is released, for example microsoft, adobe, macromedia, etc. Can anyone tell me of any alerts I can subscribe to (on a techy website perhaps) where i can say - send me any news/rumors about these companies and their products? Any help would be much appreciated.

absolut_mac
Jan 18, 2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by anneleonard
Can anyone tell me of any alerts I can subscribe to...

I don't know of any one site that covers them all, but generally, registering with those companies online they'll ask you if you want to be informed of specials, updates, new products etc.

Otherwise just check out tech-news sites like www.cnet.com www.zdnet.com (check out their tech update) etc

boskie
Jan 18, 2004, 10:07 AM
I find Digital Media Net (http://www.digitalmedianet.com/) to be really useful for the newsletters they send on the various parts of the media industry. You can choose which newsletters to sign up for and they include things like product releases to company annoucements and tips and tricks. The only thing is it's not directly tech related but i use it to find sources of further investigation.

Hope this helps.