PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps and WiFi(nothing to do w/ 2g or GPS)

kingballin20
Sep 6, 2008, 06:39 PM
with google maps on the ipod touch i was just wondering...can you access it anywhere? i realize that you have to have WIFi access for like places around but if you just want to like look at the map or what not can it be anywhere? like is THE WHOLE world maps pre loaded?

ug, my basic question is...

CAN ONE VIEW MAPS oN THE IPOD TOUCH WHEN THE WIFI IS OFF OR THERE ARE NO CAPABILITIES?

Trip.Tucker
Sep 6, 2008, 06:40 PM
with google maps on the ipod touch i was just wondering...can you access it anywhere? i realize that you have to have WIFi access for like places around but if you just want to like look at the map or what not can it be anywhere? like is THE WHOLE world maps pre loaded?

ug, my basic question is...

CAN ONE VIEW MAPS PN THE IPOD TOUCH WHEN THE WIFI IS OFF OR THERE ARE NO CAPABILITIES?

No sir, one cannot. You will be able to view the last map when you had wifi access but the cached content won't last long.

kingballin20
Sep 6, 2008, 06:42 PM
well can you move it around to go other places or can you only view the "screenshot" of ur last visit

Trip.Tucker
Sep 6, 2008, 06:44 PM
well can you move it around to go other places or can you only view the "screenshot" of ur last visit

You can move it around within a limited area, again depending on the cached amount. I've found it is pretty much only your last view.