PDA

View Full Version : OMG I think I can be a Premier ATT Member... I got this in the email!!!!

mcflirty99
Sep 7, 2008, 12:05 AM
Date: Fri 5 Sep 14:49:04 PDT 2008
From: Premier@premier.wireless.att-mail.com Add To Address Book | This is Spam
Subject: Discounts from AT&T
To: xxxx

Save this Email

This email is your exclusive link to our AT&T Premier website. Here you will find discounts available to you as an employee or student of University of California Riverside Company, in addition to other web-only offers, on select products and services.

To start shopping, click the link below.

Shop AT&T Premier Today!

Please note: this link is to be used exclusively by you.
The information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended for the use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

The request for this email came from the following IP Address:

This email was auto-generated. Please do not respond.

But the thing is, I backed out of this school... so i don't even have an ID form or anythign like that. is that okay? Will i still be able to make this ATT account?

I heard you had to show them your current school ID...

And if that doesn't work, my sister also goes to college (UCSD) but she does not have a social security number. Can I just sign up under her name and put in my ssn?

Thanks!

Chandler Adaway
Sep 7, 2008, 12:08 AM
What is so cool about being a premier member?
Do you get a fancy card you can flash at people or something?

dnguyen
Sep 7, 2008, 12:09 AM
Not that it matters, but i go to ucsd, and how they verify you're actually at the school / work is through your .edu email. They do not ask for social security number.

you use your sisters email to become a matter

UCSD gives a 10% discount

Inukami
Sep 7, 2008, 12:13 AM
wheres my discount, I go to community college >=o

dnguyen
Sep 7, 2008, 12:18 AM
Check with your school / workplace if they have any programs with ATT

mcflirty99
Sep 7, 2008, 12:35 AM
Check with your school / workplace if they have any programs with ATT

yes uc rvierside and ucsd both have discounts but i don't know which school has a greater discount %

Ok i got into Uc riverside but after going there for orientation it just plain sucked ...xxx

and so i'm going to a community college as of now to take transfer over.

so my question is once again, will they ask me for my id? but i don't go to uc riverside anymore but i still have the email (lol)

to all people who graduated from universities, how long do you get to keep your university email?

rjohnstone
Sep 7, 2008, 12:40 AM
What is so cool about being a premier member?
Do you get a fancy card you can flash at people or something?
You can get some serious discounts on services and hardware.
Depends on what rate your company or school has negotiated with AT&T.

I get 25% off on calling plans and 15% off on hardware.
Too bad NONE of it applies to original iPhones or their plans. :mad:

mcflirty99
Sep 7, 2008, 12:50 AM
You can get some serious discounts on services and hardware.
Depends on what rate your company or school has negotiated with AT&T.

I get 25% off on calling plans and 15% off on hardware.
Too bad NONE of it applies to original iPhones or their plans. :mad:

don't be mad!

i get d/c tho :)

kobefan234
Sep 7, 2008, 03:08 AM
you get 1800 sms for 8.99

bradl
Sep 7, 2008, 03:23 AM
you get 1800 sms for 8.99

Umm.. actually, no, you don't.

The way this is worded, it is like you automatically get this, which you don't.

There are feature codes that can be used, provided that you have a FAN account, but outside of the discount on the plan (and on hardware, should your plan allot for that), you don't get much else automatically.

BL.

dnguyen
Sep 7, 2008, 03:23 AM
yes uc rvierside and ucsd both have discounts but i don't know which school has a greater discount %

Ok i got into Uc riverside but after going there for orientation it just plain sucked ...xxx

and so i'm going to a community college as of now to take transfer over.

so my question is once again, will they ask me for my id? but i don't go to uc riverside anymore but i still have the email (lol)

to all people who graduated from universities, how long do you get to keep your university email?

You only need your .edu email, they said you 1 or 2 emails and you need to be able to check the email you entered to confirm the address. if you don't have an email, then you would have to go to an ATT store to show them your id etc etc..

I don't know how long you get to keep your university id, it varies from school to school, but i know for ucsd it's not that long after you aren't a student.

mcflirty99
Sep 7, 2008, 03:49 PM
You only need your .edu email, they said you 1 or 2 emails and you need to be able to check the email you entered to confirm the address. if you don't have an email, then you would have to go to an ATT store to show them your id etc etc..

I don't know how long you get to keep your university id, it varies from school to school, but i know for ucsd it's not that long after you aren't a student.

oh! so i can actually go to the att business store, sign up for a plan, and they can ship me the iphone?

woah so i don't have to go to an apple store or an ATT store?

this is nice

oh yea, can anyone give me some "codes" that i can put?

if i do get this will my account be a premier account or FAN account?

rablat
Sep 7, 2008, 05:27 PM
if i do get this will my account be a premier account or FAN account?

FAN= Foundation Account Number
Premier is the type of account you have and the name of website you access once you have a FAN attached to your account.

Plus when you call in to CS(611) you don't get the same CS as most do you are connected to the national business care center much hight quality of service reps and service.

bmcgrath
Sep 7, 2008, 06:27 PM
I get free unlimited texts to any network and 29c/min calls for 20eur a month. :)
oh and I can also get 50mb for 99c per every day I use data if I want too.
Unlocked iphones rock ;) :D

mcflirty99
Sep 7, 2008, 08:18 PM
FAN= Foundation Account Number
Premier is the type of account you have and the name of website you access once you have a FAN attached to your account.

Plus when you call in to CS(611) you don't get the same CS as most do you are connected to the national business care center much hight quality of service reps and service.

can you please explain that more about the FAN/

so if i have apremier then i can attach it to a FAN..

like this kinda in a way

root= fan >> premier

rablat
Sep 7, 2008, 08:34 PM
can you please explain that more about the FAN/

so if i have apremier then i can attach it to a FAN..

like this kinda in a way

root= fan >> premier

If your school or employer has and agreement with AT&T they have a FAN number. If you get this FAN number and and have them attach that to your account you then will have a premier account its simple and easy.

mcflirty99
Sep 8, 2008, 02:03 AM
If your school or employer has and agreement with AT&T they have a FAN number. If you get this FAN number and and have them attach that to your account you then will have a premier account its simple and easy.

OH!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

SHIFTLife
Sep 8, 2008, 07:53 AM
Premier isn't a type of account. AT&T Premier is just the department that handles corporate or group accounts. I've had access to the Preimer site since it's inception. Basically, it frees up resources at AT&T by allowing large account customers to purchase devices and service via the web, rather than having to call their account rep every time they want something.

Other employees of my company are eligible for the same discounts on their own personal accounts that my company gets on the corporate account. They enter their email address and receive a message with a link to our Premier site, where they can order their own lines of service and handsets and receive the same discounts we get as a company. As an added bonus, their purchases and lines of service count towards our total account size. The larger our account gets, the bigger our discounts get.

jbracco
Sep 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
I signed up for my fan account.. how do i find out how much my discounts are?