Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahcl20

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
How long does it take for iTunes to recognise a new update for an app so that when you search for new updates, it will prompt you to update?

I've got Todo 1.1.2 and version 1.2 just came out last night. However, when I clicked search for updates, it's still saying no new updates available. I went into the version 1.2 listing on my Mac and iPhone and they are prompting me to pay for it when I click buy. (for updates on iPhone usually it says 'FREE')

I've been to the developer's website and they say any new versions should be free as long as you have paid for one of previous versions.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The iTunes Store seems to be having an issue this morning. Maybe they're preparing some upgrades for Tuesday.......

I'd guess that's why you're having problems.

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
The App Store has been acting oddly today for me, too. All apps show 0 Reviews, however, if you click on Reviews, you can see that there are reviews there. Plus, I haven't seen any new apps in there the whole week. Somehow that stupid Koi Pond screensaver app is still the "top" app.

ahcl20

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks for the reply folks. The update is finally available for free. I agree that something's going on ahead of 9/9/08!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.