Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Here's a brief list of ways in which you can assure that help threads created in this forum will be replied to and your questions answered in an expedient manner.
  1. Thread titles
    Make sure you enter a descriptive thread title and that it indicates what you need help with.
  2. Give enough info
    -Give details of the system the issue is happening with (hardware, OS version, etc.)
    -Post a screenshot of the problem (if possible)
    -Fully describe the circumstances in which you've tested it (multiple users, multiple machines, etc.)
  3. Search first
    This forum is equipped with a very robust search system that can be used to find previous threads that might discuss what you're about to post. Check that your issue hasn't been discussed before starting a new thread.

9Charms

macrumors regular
May 19, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Actually, I have found the search function to be very lacking. I believe it is set to search for ANY keywords, when sometimes I want to find only threads that include ALL keywords. Is there any way to do this? Simply typing in AND doesn't seem to work.

I've found that by going to Google and using that to search the Macrumors forums, you get much better results.

In Google, type in whatever you're looking for and at the end of the search string, add the following:

site:forums.macrumors.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.