Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
are the ipod touchs in the refurb section of the apple store any different than the ones you get at the store new. like will it have scratches and stuff or will it the affected /scratched parts replaced before being sold to the customer.

TIA wywern209:apple:

Dudeman486

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
all the malfunctioning parts are sure to be replaced. i think any worn/scratched parts are as well, because most refurb owners on this forum seem to report no scratches/dents/etc. apple also rigorously tests these models to make sure they function as well as new models.

they also come with the same warranty.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
My wife and daughter each have one (8GB) from the refurb store. They both looked brand new when received.

Greg

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
it shouldnt be any different than a new product, except for the casing. it wont ship in the nice box that the new ipods ship in. you just get a brown box. but you also save $100 and get an awesome product!

Windleaf2

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
Have the 16gig touch but recently bought a Refurbished 80 gig Classic from Apple, came in a white box with the apple logo with all the usual...earpods ect and 1yr warranty. Not a scratch anywhere, saved $50.00.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I bought an 8GB iPod touch refurb. No scratches or anything. Only difference is the white box. The iPod itself looks brand new and there aren't any markings or differences that single it out as a refurb and not new.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
The decision haunts me. Do I purchase the sixteen or thirty-two gigabyte model? Also, I'm assuming the refurbished iPod Touch comes with the v1.xx firmware. Yes?

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
We (the company) have bought lots of refurbished Apple Products from the refurb store. Each one has looked brand new when we got it. I think refurb is a good way to go.

kunze50

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Nelson, BC
I got a refurbished iPod Touch about a month ago w/ the 1.1.5. firmware. It is defiantly the way to go. To me it was the same as buying new; the casing must be replaced. There was no difference compared to a new one besides the savings and the bit of character it has a refurb. I will buy refurbished again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.