PDA

View Full Version : XCode scripts to generate Obj-C superclass and protocol skeletons

lee1210
Sep 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
All,

In response to a post someone made a week or so ago, I decided to see how hard it would be to add this functionality to XCode. I put up a more detailed post, here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6180803#post6180803

As mentioned there, these are probably pretty rough, but hopefully they're at least a helpful starting point that people can add to.

I think this is more useful for implementing protocols, myself, but there seemed to be an interest in superclass methods to override, as well.
If you make any changes it would be appreciated if you'd post them back here for the benefit of others, but I'm not going to attach the GPL or an attribution license or anything.

If you have any questions let me know.

You'll need to strip the .txt from the filenames, as this BB system won't allow files with a .pl extension.

-Lee

lee1210
Sep 12, 2008, 11:59 PM
I hate to bump this, but with nearly 100 views it seems odd that this is useless for everyone. Maybe the few people that posted about this shortcoming of Xcode haven't returned to the board?

If there is any interest let me know, and post anything that would make this more useful. I wish you could do this based only on a name in a file without jumping to the definition, but it seems like a full-blown plugin would be needed for this.

Not trying to be whiney, but I want to gauge interest. I won't put more time into this if there is no interest.

-Lee