Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauimom94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
The right side of the key below my touchpad is clicking a strange sound that is not the normal sound. Does anybody know what I should do about this?:mad:

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
That's where the hard disk is - probably dying - backup now and prepare to change the hard disk very soon.....

If it is under AppleCare take it back to Apple.

Chandler Adaway

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Beaumont, TX
If you value the content on your hard drive, then I recommend along with the other person that you should back up your hard drive... Now. Haha.

Apple will cover it, but perhaps this is also a good time to consider Apple Care for future breaks, etc.

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
Does indeed sound like a HDD issue. Backup and be safe.

However, I noticed when running in WinXP that my HDD does tend to make way more noise than under OS X. And I mean way much more noise. And it doesn't seem to have come to any harm so far.

Yes, before you ask, I use Time Machine :D

mauimom94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Well, I just got 360G external HD and backed up my mac. Tomorrow I will call them up and see what I have to do. Every once in awhile I can hear the HD racing. I have to hurry and get out of all my programs and shut down.

mauimom94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
I have a appointment tomorrow with the Apple genius closest to my home and I purchased Applecare for my Macbook.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.