Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grant224

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
I would be willing to bet that this question has been asked many times before so if anyone can redirect me to a similar post i would greatly appreciate it...

I need a good online multiplayer game for a macbook. I used to play the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer a lot on my pc at home, but now all i have access to is my macbook. Does anyone know of any call of duty similar games with a large online community? (i dont want to get an outdated game that no one plays anymore..)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Grant

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I searched for mac first person shooters in google and got a list in wikipedia that had a bunch. Avert Fate is a great one, totally awesome. Unfortunately it just has one level. But you can get a lot of fun out of it if you take your time, and go through all the difficulty levels. And you can set the graphics pretty high because it's not as much action.
Wolfenstein ET is my favorite. It's online multiplayer, the graphics are decent, and I like WW2 stuff in general.
It's not a first person shooter per se, but BZFlag is a fun first tank shooter. It's free, open source, and has lots of users.
That's all I have, good luck!

shalafarky

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
careful about PC games you run on your mac using bootcamp - macbooks (unless it's a pro) have an integrated video card, which will not support a lot of games. this should be clear on system requirements on package, but i made the mistake of not looking with CoD 4.

Athee

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the best FPS I have ever played. You should give it a try, sorry, you MUST give it a try. I'm talking about the 1.0 community, not 1.4, not 1.33, not ET, not 3d: RTCW 1.0! You can download the full retail version (no cdkey needed, thus playable online) hosted on mediafire on mac-hacker.net or other sites like that. The community is active. My clan is "XNN" and my name is Athee ( [xnn]athee ). See you there.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the best FPS I have ever played. You should give it a try, sorry, you MUST give it a try. I'm talking about the 1.0 community, not 1.4, not 1.33, not ET, not 3d: RTCW 1.0! You can download the full retail version (no cdkey needed, thus playable online) hosted on mediafire on mac-hacker.net or other sites like that. The community is active. My clan is "XNN" and my name is Athee ( [xnn]athee ). See you there.

Best shooter you've ever played? You must not have tried many shooters then... It was a good game, great game even, but best? Not even close.

Athee

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
The graphic are ulgy, but you got to try it. I'm talking about the gameplay.

Many people would prefer Pokemon on GBA than Pokemon Stadium. You get the difference? lol :D

grant224

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Thanks guys, i got urban terror which is pretty cool and nexuiz which i think is a little better. I couldnt get wolfenstein to work, something about a missing file??

thanks tho, i should be able to easily waste time now :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.