PDA

View Full Version : Apple will annouce Internet Radio capability in new iPod

timothysliao
Sep 8, 2008, 12:27 AM
Apple will announce Internet Radio capability on new iPod. With WiFi capability new iPods will able to tune into specially designated Internet Radio stations operated by Apple. And with one click listeners will able to purchase, via wireless download the song recently heard via the Apple Internet Radio channels. :o

Beric
Sep 8, 2008, 12:29 AM
Apple will announce Internet Radio capability on new iPod. With WiFi capability new iPods will able to tune into specially designated Internet Radio stations operated by Apple. And with one click listeners will able to purchase, via wireless download the song recently heard via the Apple Internet Radio channels. :o

Link, please.

iParis
Sep 8, 2008, 12:30 AM
Who are you to say this?
Do you have any proof?
I have no reason to believe you.

hexonxonx
Sep 8, 2008, 12:32 AM
They are all just guesses that is all.

jlewis2k1
Sep 8, 2008, 12:32 AM
what is all of this nonsense? wasn't macworld san francisco over with since like February? why bother posting in a forum that is pretty much done with? I'm not trying to be mean but this event has been over with for several months now.

ivnds
Sep 8, 2008, 12:33 AM
This sounds a lot like one of the new leaked features for the zune, could be a derived rumor (of a rumor).

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/07/new-zune-features-leaked-alongside-8gb-flash-version/

sushi
Sep 8, 2008, 12:34 AM
This would be a nice feature and would fit with Apple's way of doing things.

Guess we'll know soon.

olternaut
Sep 8, 2008, 12:52 AM
This would be a nice feature and would fit with Apple's way of doing things.

Guess we'll know soon.

This guy seems confident though doesn't he? :p

Beric
Sep 8, 2008, 12:55 AM

Registered just to post this, apparently. I'd believe him if he had a link, evidence, or at least a good argument why he is reliable.

ivnds
Sep 8, 2008, 01:28 AM
With WiFi capability new iPods

So were getting wifi on nanos and classics! That sounds better than the radio feature. Maybe wireless syncing finally?

I don't think this wifi radio will happen on the ipods, your limited to the hotspots coverage, not so on-the-go. More useful for iphones that are always online.

sushi
Sep 8, 2008, 07:01 PM
:)

Registered just to post this, apparently. I'd believe him if he had a link, evidence, or at least a good argument why he is reliable.
So you think someone who is speculating, because the event has not occurred, is going to be able to post a link the NDA information?

Not likely.

Whether it comes true is another thing. Not making any bets. :)

So were getting wifi on nanos and classics! That sounds better than the radio feature. Maybe wireless syncing finally?

I don't think this wifi radio will happen on the ipods, your limited to the hotspots coverage, not so on-the-go. More useful for iphones that are always online.
The possible wireless capability is an interesting one.

To be able to listen to a radio broadcast of your choice, hear a song, choose and purchase it do add to your collection would be handy.

Wireless syncing would be nice.