PDA

View Full Version : p/d in members area

stoid
May 27, 2002, 11:25 AM
I would like to see the Average Posts Per Day to be another category that you can sort the members by. (That way we can see who really has no life:p :p :p )

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 11:34 AM
if u really want to see who spends the most time around here...

just go to the top 10 posters list...u can go through probably the first 4 pages to see the biggest regulars here...

but posts per day does not equate to the most time spent...but we've already been through this one... ;)

britboy
May 27, 2002, 11:38 AM
posts a day is just as inaccurate a yardstick as total posts. Take Eye for example. He's been registered since jan 2001, and has the highest post count. For most of 2001 though he wasn't posting much. As a result, even though he posts about as much as the next person these days, his daily average is down in the 5-6 range.

Anyway, let's not get into playing more numbers games... :mad:

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 11:44 AM
Think about it, stoid. Let's say that in a week's time there are 20 members, who have a lot to say, and avg. 10-30 posts a day. (Newbies...) Then it really would be bull!!!! to sort out newbies to be at the top of the line. For some cases, yes. But for most cases, no way.

Well, there's another useless thread! :)

Fear the King.

stoid
May 27, 2002, 11:51 AM
Hey, we all've had some ****ty ideas at one time or another. Soo, never mind then, maybe not.

(Consider this to be an "official" retraction of the idea.)

Sorry, I didn't know if it had been discussed or not. (Fairly new)

Backtothemac
May 27, 2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by stoid
Hey, we all've had some ****ty ideas at one time or another. Soo, never mind then, maybe not.

(Consider this to be an "official" retraction of the idea.)

Sorry, I didn't know if it had been discussed or not. (Fairly new)

Dude, relax. If someone comes back on your idea, then go right back at them. For example how about posts over the last thirty days. That would be a neat category. That way you could see as you put it, "who has no life."

Just a thought. Hey, the numbers fun britboy don't you know that ;)

britboy
May 27, 2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Hey, the numbers fun britboy don't you know that ;)

Yeah, i should know that. I'm headed towards a career in accounting, progressing (hopefully, one day...) to being an actuary :rolleyes:

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 01:29 PM
u do realize that if it were not for these useless threads...we'd never get the chance to get outside of the box... :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Backtothemac
May 27, 2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
u do realize that if it were not for these useless threads...we'd never get the chance to get outside of the box... :eek: :D :rolleyes:

LOL!!!! Oh, man, I love it when you come through with ones like this. I have to agree though. Thank God for the community section right. ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 01:33 PM
As the #1 p/d, I think it would be silly to have that on there. Jello is #2 and krosfyter #3, it really doesn't mean much. Especially when jefhatfield is at 2.47 or so and he's ranked 4th in the overall.

I like b2tm's idea of p/d over the last month, it would certainly show a whole different level of activity. Especially around the 400 post level where most people tend to put out a few extra to get that 500th post for the 'tar.

All of this is actually silly and I find myself cringing sometimes when it ends up in the threads on a regular basis.

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

All of this is actually silly and I find myself cringing sometimes when it ends up in the threads on a regular basis.

so u probably really made a nasty face when your name was in the name of 3 different threads last week? :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 01:37 PM

so u probably really made a nasty face when your name was in the name of 3 different threads last week? :eek:

Oh don't get me started on that one, big thanks for killing one of them.:D

Backtothemac
May 27, 2002, 01:41 PM

Man, you guys have been on a roll lately. Anyway, I think the post count is neat and fun. My wife thinks it shows our level of geekness. :p I would really like to see the p/m for each month of membership. For example in January, my first month, I had like 20 posts, same for feburary, and march. Now, I have a lot of free time at work, so I am on a tear. As long as the posts say something that is important to a conversation, then it is ok to discuss it.

Now, if we sat around going....

Eye you rock. Ding.

You too, Ding.

Man, we're getting our posts up, Ding.

yea, isn't this great, Ding.

Then, yea, it would be a little different.

B2TM ducks for cover laughing the entire time ;)

britboy
May 27, 2002, 01:44 PM
As the #1 p/d, I think...

Not to put you down at all, but SilvorX has a current rate of 17.6 posts a day :D

Then again, he's only been registered two days!

Backtothemac
May 27, 2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by britboy

Not to put you down at all, but SilvorX has a current rate of 17.6 posts a day :D

Then again, he's only been registered two days!

This stuff is all very funny. How about a free mug to the person that could post 50 posts per day. Or better yet, how about the tag MacRumors Uber-Geek for the person with the most (sorry eye, but we all know what we are) :D

britboy
May 27, 2002, 02:59 PM

How about a free mug to the person that could post 50 posts per day. Or better yet, how about the tag MacRumors Uber-Geek for the person with the most (sorry eye, but we all know what we are) :D

Not a good idea. That would just encourage more posts like this one :p

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 05:41 PM

This stuff is all very funny. How about a free mug to the person that could post 50 posts per day. Or better yet, how about the tag MacRumors Uber-Geek for the person with the most (sorry eye, but we all know what we are) :D

I've already given the Uber-Geek award to jello, he managed 116 posts in one day on the 24th. That's the most I've ever seen, beats my best day hands down.

(one day = 24 hour 0:00 to 24:00, it would probably be more if we did it from first post in the morning till we go to bed, but its much more difficult to figure that number)

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 06:03 PM
There is only one way someone can get over 100 posts in one day, and that is to be involved in too many unintelligent discussions. :)

And I have seen plenty of people here with one-liners that do kind of are a !!!!er. But, if they have any meaning at all, or if someone asks a halfway decent question in one line, then I wouldn't pick on that person. Otherwise, there is no point of posting one liners.

And some people do seem to do some desperation posting to get to 500. However, I had the weekend off and people were bringing up lots of intelligent things to say that I could reply to. And they were more than halfway decent. But, usually, it doesn't work that way.

Fear the King.

Backtothemac
May 27, 2002, 06:33 PM

I've already given the Uber-Geek award to jello, he managed 116 posts in one day on the 24th. That's the most I've ever seen, beats my best day hands down.

(one day = 24 hour 0:00 to 24:00, it would probably be more if we did it from first post in the morning till we go to bed, but its much more difficult to figure that number)
Wow, I have no life. I went back and counted the number of posts this month and it is 654 in one month! No wonder my wife and daughter make fun of me saying I am married to the computer.:confused:

jelloshotsrule
May 27, 2002, 07:13 PM

hmm... thanks?

oh well. i'll get through somehow.

beer probably.

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

hmm... thanks?

oh well. i'll get through somehow.

beer probably.

aw, come on, you're secreting doing a little dance, I know it....

just had a few beers myself, neighbor invited my wife and I over, he's got a kegerator hooked up in his backyard, got to like that. Always having a beer on tap, I'd be drinking way too much. Had to leave cause the thunderstorm just started. But the bonfire is going nicely in my backyard even with the rain.....

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 08:56 PM
Beers seems so refreshing. I have drank a few times, and it tastes ok. Hard core liquior is good if you want to get wasted, but it burns the ***** outta my throat!

I think the most posts I had in one day is....maybe 40? I dont know, I just like to look at the top ten list, and see who is passing who....

jelloshotsrule
May 27, 2002, 09:17 PM
aw, come on, you're secreting doing a little dance, I know it....

just had a few beers myself, neighbor invited my wife and I over, he's got a kegerator hooked up in his backyard, got to like that. Always having a beer on tap, I'd be drinking way too much. Had to leave cause the thunderstorm just started. But the bonfire is going nicely in my backyard even with the rain.....

the beers are showing themselves via your slurred speech...

it was fun. the 100 or whatever. but that was before. well. you know

beer tastes like piss.

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 09:22 PM

beer tastes like piss.

How do you know what piss tastes like ;)

Hehe, just thought I would pop in with a little joke.

As for me? I would prefer water,milk,or a soda please!

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 09:53 PM

the beers are showing themselves via your slurred speech...

it was fun. the 100 or whatever. but that was before. well. you know

beer tastes like piss.

Ok, now that's too much. You might not have been drinking good beer or spoiled beer, but how do you know what piss tastes like? Hmmmm?

There are so many different beers, so many different tastes, that statement is just about as bad as saying all cars are the same, or soda sucks cause its too sweet. Please.....

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 10:07 PM

Ok, now that's too much. You might not have been drinking good beer or spoiled beer, but how do you know what piss tastes like? Hmmmm?

There are so many different beers, so many different tastes, that statement is just about as bad as saying all cars are the same, or soda sucks cause its too sweet. Please.....

he he he....I always get a kick out of people who say beer tastes like piss...I just think to myself that their tastebuds have not become that sophisticated to really enjoy it...

while I am not a beer drinker myself...I do appreciate a good beer from time to time...but this isn't the thread to get into drinking again... ;)