PDA

View Full Version : macheads and their cars

jefhatfield
May 27, 2002, 12:03 PM
instead of saying macs and their cars, since there are little references to the macs...then i will refer this thread to the users, or macheads, and their lifestyles

i first had a datsun 610 for 9 years, then a nissan maxima for 7 years, and for 5 years, i have had an old volvo dl station wagon

when that volvo gets too old to drive, which could still be fifteen years away, i want to get what will be the latest volkswagen bug...i love that vehicle

i also love the mazda miata and the chrysler pt cruiser...i guess curvy cars are cool after having my last two cars be kind of "boxy"

though i don't have a need for one, a "boxy: humvee is a totally cool, though useless vehicle

but usually, i despise yuppiefied suv's and over kept trucks which carry nothing in the back

since one of my jobs is gardening and landscaping, i cringe when i see a perfectly good truck not hauling anything

if i did have an suv, i would definitely take it off road, dirty and grime be damned;) :D :)

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 12:10 PM
My parents are basically JEEP fanatics. My dad drives a 1992 Cherokee (if that is how they're spelled) and a 1996 Jeep Grand Chrk. We had a 2001 model stolen from us, but we replaced that with a metallic 2001 Jeep Grand Chrk. All our Grandies are red.

My dad also owns a corvette, much like this (http://www.achevyshowcase.com/x97cars/corvette/home_10.jpg) model. It has 340+ horses behind the wheel and is basically a monster. We got a solid deal on it.

When I become 18 I will probably get the 96 Jeep and nothing fancy. But by then I will have a few custom made CD's to try out on the 8 speaker system. :)

Fear the King.

britboy
May 27, 2002, 12:16 PM
Is the question what we have, or what we'd like to have?

What i have is pitiful. It's a skoda favorit. Someone actually did a worryingly accurate mod for Need for Speed to include the car. It quite good (http://pedro2.spytech.cz/nfs4/images/NfsHS_50.jpg). Even the same colour! It was basically and hand-down from my parents, when they got themselves a peugot 307.

What i'd like to have.... now i'm dreaming :D The Audi TT has to be the single most 'gotta-have' car out there. Could i afford one? Heck no, i'm a student...

Wildcat
May 27, 2002, 12:27 PM
I drive a Mazda 626 but what I want to drive is anything that has BMW on the front of it. :) But i dont think that will hapen anytime soon so I am happy with the 626.

OSeXy!
May 27, 2002, 12:40 PM
I can't drive, but I like being chauffeured in my wife's zippy Mercedes A160.:p

Backtothemac
May 27, 2002, 01:00 PM
Well, I currently drive a 250 dollar 88 Honda Accord, and the wife is driving a 93 Mazda MPV MiniVan. He don't you love the budgeting that you have to do while in College? Anyway, when she graduates, then she will get a new Accord, and I will get the miniVan, or keep on with my Accord. I have an 83 Mazda RX-7 that needs a motor, but I am going to put a 305 small block in it and then it will rock. I am doing a total restore on it so it should be neat.

3rdpath
May 27, 2002, 01:09 PM
i'm a reformed car nut( maybe its just in remission...)but i've had some fun ones.

my first was a 71 vw bug convert. the top leaked, the block cracked twice and it was a sauna during the summer but it was fun.

i then got a 79 pontiac grand prix that was just ok. the great part was when my dad hurt his back( sorry dad) and couldn't drive his car anymore...so we switched cars. i got his porsche 911s targa. sweeeet. of course the thing broke down so much i was on a first name basis with a towing service and the dealership. but man, when it ran........:) :) :eek: :) :)

after that , it was a bmw 1981 320is. that was before beemers became the yuppie symbol. when that happened i got a '84 rabbit gti. what a fun little go-cart.

now i drive an isuzu trooper that i bought in 1990. i don't drive much since i work at home( 2047 miles last year according to jiffy-lube) so its mainly used for toting ladders, bookshelves, firewood and such.

if i had the money....gimme an ac cobra. man, oh man.

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 01:13 PM
I just recently got my 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS...
My Matrix!! (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=5188&highlight=matrix)

I'm loving the hell out if so far...he he he :D

my first car was an '86 Toyota Celica GTS...silver...5 speed....loved that car...drove it into the ground...

after it died...my dad gave me his '92 Toyota Camry XLE...I was interning and working a part time job while doing tech school...couldn't afford to buy anything...9 months later it got totaled by some jack@ss driving the wrong way down a 1-way street one night....almost got killed...

with insurance money I leased a '99 Toyota Camry CE...nice car...base model but damned nice....which is what I had up till nearly 2 weeks ago...

I like the Matrix a lot...it's sporty...has lots of cargo room...and not quite small...techie looking....perfect for me since it matches my TiBook... :D

edesignuk
May 27, 2002, 01:23 PM
I drive the 2002 Mini Cooper & I love it! :D
It's my first car and I had to wait over 3 months for them to build it, but man...it was worth it!
It's red, with white roof & big white 5-spoke alloys.

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by verbose101
It's my first car and I had to wait over 3 months for them to build it, but man...it was worth it!

u got a pic of it?? I just took some pictures of my Matrix finally...should have them developed by wednesday...duke's been waiting to see it...

I love those Mini Coopers...so cool looking... :D

3rdpath
May 27, 2002, 01:28 PM

i am so jealous. man do i love those. i parked next to one last week and just walked around it for 10 minutes. absolutely stunning-or should i say ab fab...

(like i said, the car lust is only in remission)

edesignuk
May 27, 2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath

i am so jealous. man do i love those. i parked next to one last week and just walked around it for 10 minutes. absolutely stunning-or should i say ab fab...

(like i said, the car lust is only in remission)
Originally posted by eyelikeart

u got a pic of it?? I just took some pictures of my Matrix finally...should have them developed by wednesday...duke's been waiting to see it...

I love those Mini Coopers...so cool looking... :D
gee thanks guys, I feel so proud :) I just gotta post a pic...

edesignuk
May 27, 2002, 01:45 PM
ooops. sorry, it didn't work. here it is...

britboy
May 27, 2002, 01:48 PM

You lucky so and so! I'd love to have one of those, but a certain person who i hold rather dear won't let me. She argues that what with them being so small, any accident would cause me a lot more damage than with a slightly bigger car.

Do you think she doesn't trust my driving? ;) :D

krossfyter
May 27, 2002, 02:12 PM
i drive a 1993 toyota celica GT convertible (black).

i just started moding it out.

i recently put in a weapon r dragon intake and filter .....a cold air intake.

next up is an after market shift knob, some rocking copper spark plugs, headers, catback exaust system, 17" inch tenzo rims and tires and a shogun body kit.

maybe a green neon underbody kit...but i dont know.

my goal in the future is to own either a lambo roadster replica a ferrari testorosa replica, toyota supra or an mr2 spyder.

iGav
May 27, 2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by britboy

You lucky so and so! I'd love to have one of those, but a certain person who i hold rather dear won't let me. She argues that what with them being so small, any accident would cause me a lot more damage than with a slightly bigger car.

Do you think she doesn't trust my driving? ;) :D

thing is though the new mini is huge.... it ain't alittle car anymore.... in Autocar and Motor magazine they had the original mini nose to nose with the new mini and it was like huge in comparison..... they're like 206 size atleast almost Focus sized..... I'm not a huge fan of the mini either old or new..... (thats because I was once and air-cooled man... myself :D ) although I can definitely see why people love them though..... I saw a Silver one today with the black roof, and that looked pretty handy, but I'd certainly entertain the Cooper S when it's released......

If I had to have a city/smallish car I'd probably go with the Audi A2, I just think it's so cool...... but if I had the cash, my Mitsubishi Evo 7 would be parked in my drive....... or a Porsche/Chesil 356 Speedster replica..... that'd be so cool in summer..... :cool: :D

I don't find much need for a car in London though........ :( I tube it all the way!! :D

britboy
May 27, 2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by iGAV

I don't find much need for a car in London though........ :( I tube it all the way!! :D

Did you know that spending an hour on the tube is worse for your health than smoking 20 ciggaretes a day? It isn't like there's much choice though; parking in london is a nightmare! I guess that's where the old mini came in useful, same goes for the 'Smart' car :)

sparkleytone
May 27, 2002, 04:49 PM
'98 Ford F150 V8 Triton Extended Cab Third Door

Silver.

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 05:48 PM
ooops. sorry, it didn't work. here it is...

Those are slick little cars, but how's the head/leg room? I use to work for a guy in Connecticut who collected cars, he had a 73 Ferrari Dino, 912, and an old Mini that he used to use as his windsurfing car. Wish I had a pic of that, it was hilarious.

I drive a Mazda Navajo (Ford Explorer Sport 4x4), but my first car and also one I used to strap my boards to was a 79 Honda Civic 4 Door, almost as small as the Mini. My boards were longer than the car.

Dr. Distortion
May 27, 2002, 06:06 PM
'93 Volkswagen Golf 1.8 i, 5 gear manual... with airco and purple metallic paint :)

Oh yeah, and I drive a Volkswagen Transporter 2.5 TDI for my dad's company now and then...

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 06:47 PM

gee thanks guys, I feel so proud :) I just gotta post a pic...

damn that is one cool looking car...

I think I've only seen maybe 2 minis around here....but don't ask me what they were...I wasn't close enough to be able to have known...

nice wheels... :D

AlphaTech
May 27, 2002, 06:55 PM
I have a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT Off-Road Supercan (4-door) truck in black. Loaded up with power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless entry, bucket seats, the works. It has a 4 litre V6 which has more then enough power to get up to speed damned fast.

My other vehicle is a 2002 Harley-Davidson Softail Standard in Luxury Blue. It is one sweet ride, especially with the modifications I have already made. I fully intend to make more as the years go past.

Well what do ya know... this is post #2000 for me... :D

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Well what do ya know... this is post #2000 for me... :D

well what do u know...

congrats on 2000 Alpha...:D

firewire2001
May 27, 2002, 07:10 PM
have any of you guys seen those plastic honda (i think theyre honda?) prototypes that run on hydrogen (maybe not hydrogen?)? i think theyre pretty cool, though a lotta ppl think theyre jus weird...

heres a pic of a similar car...

AlphaTech
May 27, 2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by firewire2001
have any of you guys seen those plastic honda (i think theyre honda?) prototypes that run on hydrogen (maybe not hydrogen?)? i think theyre pretty cool, though a lotta ppl think theyre jus weird...

heres a pic of a similar car...

Making a mad dash to the bathroom to hurl into the toilet... man that thing is butt-******** ugly... eewwwwwwww

If the last vehicle on earth looked like that, I would walk everywhere.

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by firewire2001 i think theyre pretty cool, though a lotta ppl think theyre jus weird... [/B]

If all Hydrogen powered cars looked like that, I would rather pay double for a modern Jeep using Octane 93 and drive that!

A cool-looking Hyrdogen powered car would be something you post, such as the ones you see on commercials...as for your quote, if they look that scary, they are wierd. Common sense, guy! :)

Fear the King.

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 07:24 PM
Its not ugly, its just style challenged.....

Its a prototype and if its got a fuelcell under the hood, very cool. I imagine we'll be seeing more cars like that and the other hybrid and all electric until a true, viable fule cell can be made. But what really gets me is the fact that the car designers keep the old, super aerodynamic design in the electric cars (rear wheel hoods) and it looks totally stupid. You don't need it, don't show that legacy crap and design a car that looks like it belongs on the road, not in a lab or showroom.

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 07:31 PM
Im too young to drive, but this is what my family has owned.

Back in around 1993, we had a Ford Windstar. My dad had a Ford Sable. In '96, we got a white Chrsyter MiniVan (piece of *****). In 95, my dad got another Ford Sable.

In 96, we got a Baige BMW 745i. Then, in 98' my dad got a Lincoln Continental.

In May of 99, my parents got divorced, and I am living with my dad. My mom took the BMW. So now, we had our white MiniVan, and my dads Lincoln.

My brother got a car in 98 too, a 1968 Mustang. Him and his friends suped it up and made it a muscle car, pretty fast. Then, he got himself a 1967 Mustang...both cars were bought from my grandpa. Then, in 2000, he got a 1990 Mustang DX, and he still has it, although he moved out.

My sister just got 1990 Mustang Convertable.

My dads girlfriend has a 745 BMW, I think around a 96 model. It was imported from Germany, only about 3 in the US. Its got turbos and what-nots.

So today, we have out White Minivan, my sisters mustang, and my dads lincoln had problems, so we let the courts have it during the divorce.

We have the van, the mustang, and the BMW. Only the BMW got dented, so we have it in the shop. While it was in the shop, somebody broke into it and messed it up. So they gave us a brand new Ford Escape to drive (nice car :))

Not sure when we get the BMW back...

madamimadam
May 27, 2002, 09:05 PM
At the moment I am looking at purchasing a 2nd hand Holden HSV Senator. I think it would do me for my 1st car. ;)

jefhatfield
May 27, 2002, 09:08 PM
i never heard of a holden

wow, nice car!

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 09:10 PM
That car is Nice!

It looks like an Acura/Lexus/Toyota type thing

Does anyone here have an Audi??

madamimadam
May 27, 2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i never heard of a holden

wow, nice car!

Holden is an Australian owned company BUT it merged with GM many years back. So, basically, GM and Holden are the same company but it is kind of like a HP/Compaq deal whereby they each produce like they are seperate but in many other ways they are one.

Links to check out are:
Holdens - HSV Site (http://www.hsv.com.au) ; and
Holden's primary site (http://www.holden.com.au)

jelloshotsrule
May 27, 2002, 09:20 PM
i drive a 98 chevy prizm.. it does the job. gets decent gas mileage.

i don't much care what the car looks like. i'd like to get something that gets 40+ mpg once i buy my own car... either hybrid or tdi or something...

maybe (ideally) they'll start selling these (http://www.thesmart.co.uk/) in the usa.

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
maybe (ideally) they'll start selling these (http://www.thesmart.co.uk/) in the usa.

What the heck. When I went to Italy, thats ALL everyone drives. That and motor scooters.

You know...that car is made by Swatch and Mercedes(i think)

Man, those puppies are so small, but so damn ugly!

I really did hear that they were importing them into the US

sjs
May 27, 2002, 09:26 PM
Isn't Holden an Australian car? Looks good.

I drive a VW Passat. Its a poor man's BMW, but its a great car. I want a BMW 5 series. My wife drives a new Honda Odyssey and my daughter has an 87 BMW 325 with just 60k actual miles!

What do ya'll think of the new Hybrid Civic? Almost 50 mpg city or highway...anybody care about that kind stuff? If we all increased our mileage like the Civic does we could quit importing oil from places like Iraq, etc that support terrorism and the murder of Jewish women and children. Sorry to interject seriousness to this thread...it just seems like a worthwhile thing to consider.

madamimadam
May 27, 2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by sjs
What do ya'll think of the new Hybrid Civic? Almost 50 mpg city or highway...anybody care about that kind stuff? If we all increased our mileage like the Civic does we could quit importing oil from places like Iraq, etc that support terrorism and the murder of Jewish women and children. Sorry to interject seriousness to this thread...it just seems like a worthwhile thing to consider.

Hey, I am all up for that... the only thing that has been holding back true efficiency in automotives, though, is the tight grip the oil companies have.

AlphaTech
May 27, 2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by sjs

I get about 50mpg highway on the Harley, and about 45mpg around town.

Lets see a gas vehicle do THAT!!! And have character to it, not look like some plastic thingy. :D

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 09:45 PM
I went out for a snoball tonite and when driving back from the place with a buddy in the passenger seat...some punk in some older Honda Prelude starts revving his motor at me and tries to race me...:rolleyes:

I threw it down into 2nd just to get a jump on him...but then didn't do anything else...I'm not stupid enough to actually consider racing someone on a 35 mph road...

but had I been on the interstate...he would have been toast...

not being boastful...but he had no idea what I am packing under my hood...;)

sparkleytone
May 27, 2002, 10:08 PM

If the last vehicle on earth looked like that, I would walk everywhere.

why not? Jesus did ;) :P

edit: whoops.

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
why not? Jesus did ;) :P

reminds me of "Jesus Built My Hotrod"...by Ministry...he he he :D

Destin
May 27, 2002, 10:46 PM
I'm a Mac nut, and a Pathfinder nut.. Here's the result:

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/destin/home.html

agreenster
May 28, 2002, 12:23 AM
I drive a 95 Chevy Camaro (v6 :() 5 speed :)), and its in really good shape. I love muscle cars, especially classic ones.

Whats up with all the rice burners and bloke-mobiles posted here so far? Doesnt anyone drive mustangs, corvettes, camaros, firebirds, or even porsches anymore?? ;)

edesignuk
May 28, 2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Those are slick little cars, but how's the head/leg room? I use to work for a guy in Connecticut who collected cars, he had a 73 Ferrari Dino, 912, and an old Mini that he used to use as his windsurfing car. Wish I had a pic of that, it was hilarious.

I drive a Mazda Navajo (Ford Explorer Sport 4x4), but my first car and also one I used to strap my boards to was a 79 Honda Civic 4 Door, almost as small as the Mini. My boards were longer than the car.
The head/leg room in the front is great. I am 6ft and fit easily and comfortably in it, but as with most small cars the leg room in the back is not all that, however the head room is still good.

edesignuk
May 28, 2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

Where I work in Canary Wharf (lots of very wealthy bankers, wish I was one of 'em ;) ) , the executive car dealership (H R Owen) has been replaced with a Smart car dealership, what a step down.
One minite Ferrari, TVR, Lotus and the next strange little swatch/mercedes 'things' :D
Maybe it's a sign of the way things are going, no more big, expensive luxury motors, but easy to park run-arounds....

...Nooooooooooo! I want those mad 5.0ltr V8 gas guzzling monsters back, pleeeeease!

macfreek57
May 28, 2002, 01:20 AM
the best toyota car is the mr2 spyder(!!!!!!)

Originally posted by agreenster
Whats up with all the rice burners and bloke-mobiles posted here so far? Doesnt anyone drive mustangs, corvettes, camaros, firebirds, or even porsches anymore?? ;)

i didn't see any "rice burners" posted and muscle cars blow!
...IMHO

(sorry:D )

macfreek57
May 28, 2002, 02:01 AM
car i came closest to buying: '76 VW van

car i most realistically desire to have: toyota mr2 spyder http://www.toyota.com/images/shop/vehicles/gallery/mr2/exterior/photo_3.jpg (http://) (needs more hp)

car i WILL have (later :D ) : dodge viper (2002's = crap! :mad: )

car i most unrealistically desire to have: McLaren F1 (+$1,000,000!!!)

oh yeah and yellow on the spyder, viper, and F1

LONG LIVE THE STICK-SHIFT!!!

sluthy
May 28, 2002, 04:26 AM
It's good to see Holden getting some recognition here. They look sweet.

Here in Australia, there's been a long eternal battle over which is the better car - the Holden Commodore or the Ford Falcon. You're either a Holden man or a Ford man - or you're a Daewoo user, in which case you're a loser. :p

I personally haven't grown an opinion yet, but all my mates are Holden fans. I personally own a 1993 Ford Falcon XR6 (the sporty model).

sluthy
May 28, 2002, 04:43 AM
Tell me your opinions.

The Holden Commodore (http://www.holden.com.au/app/serve?page=vxEntry) site
The Ford Falcon (http://www.ford.com.au/showroom/passenger/falcon/Falcon.asp) site

P.S. The Falcon will undergo a major overhaul in October.

edesignuk
May 28, 2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by macfreek57

car i most unrealistically desire to have: McLaren F1 (+$1,000,000!!!)

Here, hear! I would love one of those, if only I had 650,000.

iGav
May 28, 2002, 06:14 AM
Heh heh... Britboy you're so right about the tube, it's so dirty...... well except the Jubilee Line Extension that is like ultra futuristic...... ultra clean, and seriously funky!!

When I used to work in Soho square and hire cars out, they'd be dropped off at the office, and I'd have to pay parking fees, they were like 1 for every 15 minutes or something stupid..... it cost me a fortune....... I'd love a car, but there just isn't a need for one in central london.......

As for Holden and Ford...... well we can get Holdens here in the UK, well the 2 performance models, the Ford isn't been imported for a while....... I know the Holden V8 is pretty swift, not sure about the Ford XR, similar performance I guess...... I prefer the Ford as it's alittle more quirky looking, but I'd want to drive both before I can decide....... both are like ultra good value in comparison to the next 2 cars I'll name.......

If I was looking at that type of performance saloon car (sedan for the US) I'd probably go with a BMW M5, or the new Jaguar S-Type R as both are pretty incredible cars......

However, V8's RWD and typical uk wet country lanes don't live well with that configuration at speed, so I'd still have that AWD Evo 7......... :D

iGav
May 28, 2002, 06:44 AM

Here, hear! I would love one of those, if only I had 650,000.

keep that mini for the city though..........!!!

If I had that cash I'd have a Ferrari F50.......... :D or that new Mercedes thing that has 650+Bhp, and looks like a Le-Mans car.......and costs about a cool 1 million..........

I'd drive that to my local MacDonalds to take the p*ss out of the boy racers in their Nova's and the like.... :p ;)

resm
May 28, 2002, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Destin
[B]I'm a Mac nut, and a Pathfinder nut.. Here's the result:

Destin....maybe you have some Ideas for AlphaTech to be used on his Harley :D

Cool Car......are you ever getting out of it ??? :)

britboy
May 28, 2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by iGAV
Heh heh... Britboy you're so right about the tube, it's so dirty...... well except the Jubilee Line Extension that is like ultra futuristic...... ultra clean, and seriously funky!!

I'm lucky enough to live near one of those new stations (when i'm in london, that is :p).

As for the McLaren F1.... that is one seriously beautiful car. I just love driving up Park Lane in london, past the showroom! Apparently, the lady who mans (?) the desk there does more window cleaning than actual work, because of all the people who press their faces against the glass for a better look :p :D

sluthy
May 28, 2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by madamimadamtimallen
At the moment I am looking at purchasing a 2nd hand Holden HSV Senator. I think it would do me for my 1st car. ;)

Okay...

1. How the hell can you get a 2nd hand HSV as your first car? That's just not right!

2. How do you pronounce your bloody name?

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by sluthy

u know...I wondered the same thing...

but if u sound it out slowly...u will get it...;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 08:40 AM

I'd be more interested in knowing what it means or how you came up with it.

iGav
May 28, 2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by britboy

I'm lucky enough to live near one of those new stations (when i'm in london, that is :p).

As for the McLaren F1.... that is one seriously beautiful car. I just love driving up Park Lane in london, past the showroom! Apparently, the lady who mans (?) the desk there does more window cleaning than actual work, because of all the people who press their faces against the glass for a better look :p :D

Heh heh... I know it.... the most exclusive car showroom in the world........ :D

What's really cool about the McLaren F1 is that the engineers can remotely access your car from their HQ, can check all the technical things on the car and if necessary can fix it by remote... truely superb!!! Although I'd still have my Ferrari F50...........

iGav
May 28, 2002, 09:12 AM
Aha... found a picture!! if I had 1 million to blow on a car... I'd get this fire breathing sucker........ :D

Watch those speed humps though...... :p

agreenster
May 28, 2002, 09:25 AM
Theres an old (stupid) thing that people used to say-

"Madam I'm Adam"

If you spell it backwards, its the same as spelling it forward.

Now, where the 'tim allen' comes into play, I have no idea. Either he is paying homage to the actor, is named Adam Tim Allen himself, or it just sounded good.

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
What the heck. When I went to Italy, thats ALL everyone drives. That and motor scooters.

You know...that car is made by Swatch and Mercedes(i think)

Man, those puppies are so small, but so damn ugly!

I really did hear that they were importing them into the US

they have them all over europe. they get great gas mileage and actually i don't think they're ugly. europe has very few big trucks (as compared to the us) driving around and few suvs (though i'm sure that's increasing??). americans are selfish and dumb and thus must have the biggest, least efficient suv/truck/etc... oh well.

they're tough to get in the us. though i'm sure it's possible... you'd have to get emissions and everything tested, and transport. all of it would probably add up to expensive car....

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by agreenster
Theres an old (stupid) thing that people used to say-

"Madam I'm Adam"

If you spell it backwards, its the same as spelling it forward.

Now, where the 'tim allen' comes into play, I have no idea. Either he is paying homage to the actor, is named Adam Tim Allen himself, or it just sounded good.

Ah, very good call there agreenster. Love the tar btw, especially with your screen shot on the LCD. So when *will* we see that movie.....

macfreek57
May 28, 2002, 10:21 AM
ok...
madam mim (from The Sword in the Stone )
adam (his name?)
Tim Allen (tim allen)

just my guess

???????????????????????????:confused: ???????????????????????????

jefhatfield
May 28, 2002, 10:41 AM
few cars can be as ugly as volvos from the late 60s thru the 80s like my station wagon so when i hear someone say a car is ugly, they certainly have not seen the old volvos

the new volvos, since ford has taken them over, as so much more stylish in appearance, but most of your cars that you guys have still look better than the new volvos

the new bug and crysler pt cruiser still amaze me everytime i see them...they look so cool

and the mazda miata is a cool looking car, too and has a cult built around it much like krisy kreme donuts and macs...there was this great article i read once on cult products with steve jobs on the cover...he is the jim jones of computing...it seems like when apple dies, so will the macheads:p

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
the new volvos, since ford has taken them over, as so much more stylish in appearance, but most of your cars that you guys have still look better than the new volvos

the new bug and crysler pt cruiser still amaze me everytime i see them...they look so cool

I agree here...the newer Volvos we've seen in recent years are definitely more stylish then any of the older models ever were..."they're boxy...but they're good"...quoted from the movie Crazy People...I always remember that...he he he...

and I've always loved the new Bugs...weird & geeky enough to be cool...he he he...

PT Cruisers are still cool looking as well...but now since I got a competitive model car....I'm biased to my Matrix... ;)

Wes
May 28, 2002, 01:26 PM
All of your like the Holdens, eh? Well out here in Saudi Arabia I could get you a V8 5.7 Liter Holden HSV, Over here it is called the Chevrolet Lumina SS for about 15,000. Sweet Huh?

I knew this Saudi who had one ( the kid was about 15 years old, his dad gave it to him). I asked him to floor it and damn that thing flew!

Just think, Spoiler, V8, Open Roads, Massive Alloys, and cops who don't care how fast you go! Saudi Arabia ahhhhh

Orders to wlb@mac.com

Wes
May 28, 2002, 01:32 PM
and my car Acura Legend Dark Green 3.2 L V6 with 220 Hp, houston we need nos, Hey ne of u out there have nos?

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by W-_-W
and my car Acura Legend Dark Green 3.2 L V6 with 220 Hp, houston we need nos, Hey ne of u out there have nos?

please...u are kidding right??

and no offense to this if u aren't...but why would u feel the need for NOS in a luxury car?

please explain this....I'm still not really accepting of the whole Honda-hotrod thing... :confused:

Wes
May 28, 2002, 01:42 PM
Well eyelikeart there are times at a traffic light when i'm up next to a jag or Nissan Maxima and i think, nos would b nice right now.

Well u do have a point, my other car mite need it more. 1974 Mini 5,000 Miles (been on blocks for 30 years, it's my parents" Black, alloys, bull bars, light kit, wood interior and leather)

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 01:42 PM
Never mind the fact that having NOS inside a street car here will get you canned. Or even worse, your car taken away too. Do you really want to turn into Bubba's b*tch??? I wouldn't, which is why I won't do the NOS on/in my vehicles. Besides the fact that you risk blowing up your engine, and it really only gives you a boost after a certain rpm. I probably wouldn't hit that rpm level on the Harley (love the rumble). I don't see the need in the truck either, since it has enough torque to probably rip your car in half :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 01:51 PM
I don't see the need in the truck either, since it has enough torque to probably rip your car in half :D

one of the things I love about AlphaTech is how he never hesititates to be brutal & graphic when describing kicking @ss in some form or another...he he he :D

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 01:57 PM

one of the things I love about AlphaTech is how he never hesititates to be brutal & graphic when describing kicking @ss in some form or another...he he he :D

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I have never been known to be non-graphic (I was a 'graphic' designer for several years after all :D ).

While at college some friends and I would see who could gross the other people out with just descriptions of nasty things... I won about 98% of the time, and I have gotten better in the years between now and then.

The truck will rip your car in half, while the Harley makes your ears bleeeed muahahahaaa :D. I ALMOST feel bad for people that get too close to me on the Harley, then again, if they are stupid enough to try and tailgate a Harley, they deserve every bit of ear pain they get :D. I also believe that they feel it in their chest... :D God I love the Harley... easy to have 'tude on one. Never mind that the smart people on the road respect people on Harley's.

My uncle mentioned, yesterday, about how few Japanese bikes he sees now. How most of the motorcycles he sees are Harley's. It might not hurt that a dealership is just a little distance from where they live. :D

Wes
May 28, 2002, 02:03 PM
Although the rumble of a harley is nice, I still like the japanese crotch rocket, come on 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, what is the time on a harley any way, and top speeds of well over 150 mph (crazy on a bike, u could so easily kill yourself). Hear in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia (anybody heard of the place) there is 1 harley and about 15 superbikes. They run the road pulling wheelies and all. Well nighty night

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 02:10 PM
Although the rumble of a harley is nice, I still like the japanese crotch rocket, come on 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, what is the time on a harley any way, and top speeds of well over 150 mph (crazy on a bike, u could so easily kill yourself). Hear in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia (anybody heard of the place) there is 1 harley and about 15 superbikes. They run the road pulling wheelies and all. Well nighty night

Harley riders use their brains, where the rice rocket riders are just butt-******** idiots. Pulling wheelies might make them feel 'cool' but how good will they feel when they have the bike land on them??? How about when they go down at the 150mph+?? Cool and dead is still dead. Harley riders on the other hand don't give the legendary rat's rectal cavity about getting up to 60 in 3 seconds or less. I can merge into traffic faster then many cars on the road.

I also don't understand how ANYONE would ride a motorcycle without at least decent protections. By that I mean, jeans, boots, gloves (at least the ones with 1/2 finger coverage) and a helmet.

Nothing beats the sound of several Harley's rumbling down the road...

The only place I can see going over 80 would be on a race track, mainly because that is the only place it will be relatively safe. Hit a patch of sand at 100+ and you are dead (how much sand do you have over there in Saudi Arabia??).

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 02:50 PM
I think he's challenging u Alpha...

useless post I know...but I had to comment somehow... ;)

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 03:53 PM
He might be... but can he move faster then 725fps??? :D

madamimadam
May 28, 2002, 06:16 PM
It's good to see Holden getting some recognition here. They look sweet.

Here in Australia, there's been a long eternal battle over which is the better car - the Holden Commodore or the Ford Falcon. You're either a Holden man or a Ford man - or you're a Daewoo user, in which case you're a loser. :p

I personally haven't grown an opinion yet, but all my mates are Holden fans. I personally own a 1993 Ford Falcon XR6 (the sporty model).

I have always had the opinion that Ford have better engines but Holden win because they not only pack a sweet arse punch, they also have the look I desire.

Wes
May 29, 2002, 07:38 AM
That wasn't a challenge more of personal preference. If I had the choice I know what I would pick. That's not to say that a harley isn't as good! And by the way alphatech, Saudi Arabia IS the largest solid sand desert in the world (the Sahara is rocky).

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 09:51 AM
That wasn't a challenge more of personal preference.

no worries....I was just giving u a litle *****...no harm...

Alpha tends to get a bit excited...so I was just having a little fun with u guys...;)

Dignan
May 29, 2002, 09:55 AM
Just in case anyone (or no one) cares...

I drive a 95 Black M3...fun stuff.

"...He poured more water on me..."

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 10:14 AM

no worries....I was just giving u a litle *****...no harm...

Alpha tends to get a bit excited...so I was just having a little fun with u guys...;)

What?? Me get excited?!?!?!?! ;) Mostly when I see blaring morons posting about ***** they know nothing about. As I have told eye before... I usually give my targets a way to avoid the hit... which W-_-W managed to do quite nicely. He wasn't really a target anyway.

As for Saudi being a desert... no ***** Sherlock. Sand and motorcycles are not good friends...

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 10:25 AM

What?? Me get excited?!?!?!?! ;) .......

As for Saudi being a desert... no ***** Sherlock. Sand and motorcycles are not good friends...

I rest my case ;)

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 10:28 AM

I rest my case ;)

Case??? Oh, you mean those cases of whoop-a$$ that I have stacked all over the place here. :D LMAO

jefhatfield
May 29, 2002, 11:07 AM

Harley riders use their brains, where the rice rocket riders are just butt-******** idiots. Pulling wheelies might make them feel 'cool' but how good will they feel when they have the bike land on them??? How about when they go down at the 150mph+?? Cool and dead is still dead. Harley riders on the other hand don't give the legendary rat's rectal cavity about getting up to 60 in 3 seconds or less. I can merge into traffic faster then many cars on the road.

I also don't understand how ANYONE would ride a motorcycle without at least decent protections. By that I mean, jeans, boots, gloves (at least the ones with 1/2 finger coverage) and a helmet.

Nothing beats the sound of several Harley's rumbling down the road...

The only place I can see going over 80 would be on a race track, mainly because that is the only place it will be relatively safe. Hit a patch of sand at 100+ and you are dead (how much sand do you have over there in Saudi Arabia??).

come on, when you have no bike like me, anything on two wheels seems extremely cool

i used to collect guitars and gig and record...i got so picky that, even with all the instuments i had access to, nothing quite sounded right

but then a spent a couple of years without a guitar, and when someone asked me what i liked, i answered, "anything with six strings will do"

so for bikes, not having one, "anything on two wheels will do"

i like dirt bikes first (my rural upbringing), harleys for the road second - vintage esp, indian bikes, any rocket bikes, triuuph bikes, the yamaha vintage 750 with first modern brakes and first modern ignition, the bmw with horizontal pistons, ducati in red, and husqvarna (i like the company since i used to have a really cool husqvarna 45 chain saw...40 cc - home user, grey top model though i lusted after the then all orange pro model...now all huskies are orange and it's hard to distinguish the pro from the home models)