Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Check out what I put on my MacBook yesterday!

For those of you who can't read it, it says

"Sodagorn of Dale, from the Kinship of the Mithril Fist"

You can find us on the Brandywine server!

Taking geek to new levels this week! :D

Attachments

• IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    432.1 KB · Views: 134

Breegy

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
created in illustrator, printed out as a vinyl decal. It was placed very carefully on the mac! I love it.

I want. Only not what you have written. Still looks very nice. Where can you print out vinyl decals?

What is the "Brandywine server"?

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Any normal printing store that does signs etc can make them up for you. I used my good friends at Advanced Imagewerx to do them for me.

The Brandywine server is one of 12 servers that you can run your characters from. They have a bunch of servers due to the volume of players.

LotRO is amazing!

jeffuwee

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
so can i get vinyls printed like at kinkos or something? and how do put on vinyls? is there some kind of adhesive that you need to apply first?. do they come off easily in case i want to change it? thanks.

oh and. how is lotro? never tried it before. i played wow before though :D

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
If you like Lord of the Rings, you'll love LotRO - follows very closely to the books, so it's great fun to play.

The vinyl has a sticky back, so it's easy to apply, just like a sticker but more sturdy. And you can peel it off pretty easily if you don't want them on anymore.

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
If you like Lord of the Rings, you'll love LotRO - follows very closely to the books, so it's great fun to play.

The vinyl has a sticky back, so it's easy to apply, just like a sticker but more sturdy. And you can peel it off pretty easily if you don't want them on anymore.

Will it play on a Macbook?

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
is the "sticker" used small as in the size of the circle lettering or like a big rectangle?

I'm asking to get a feel of whether the sticker is in just the middle or covering the overall cover?

Just cause i'd imagine the sticker being in a circle would be kinda noticeable. Not a problem but iono you know?

I've seen people go as far out to get the mac engraved with some kind of a design. I'd do it if it wasn't so expensive.

Hell, i'd love to add a color film to the inside of the lit up apple logo but it voids the warranty.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
It was originally a big square, but the letter are cut individually so where the edges of the lettering are is where the vinyl ends. I wouldn't do it if it was an overall sticker like you are describing.

The cost to me to do this = $30!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.