Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you buy the New Nano?

• Yes

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

bubbagumpshrimp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
For those of you who have a iphone (thus directed at iphone owners): Its not worth it to me because of the fact that the iphone does more at a similar price. couldnt justify owning both.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I have an 8GB iPhone but I will be replacing the nano I sold last week in prep for today's announcement. I can't decide b/t a 8GB nano or a Touch. I don't use my iPhone for music or video b/c of the short battery life and I need my phone to be juiced when I get off the plane. I think size is really a personal preference. The 16GB is probably the sweet spot, but I don't need that much space so why waist the extra $50.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'm going to get a 16GB nano and retire my 3rd generation 15GB iPod. It will hold my entire library which is nice. I have an 8GB phone and like Chupa Chupa, don't use it for music as I need my battery juiced for traveling. I will wait until Amazon gets them as I have $125 in gift certificates.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
I have an iPhone, but I will be buying an 8 gig nano. I'll use it for longboarding and other active sports, since it uses flash memory and I don't have to worry about screwing up the hard drive. Cheers, carve

blurredline

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
Fort McMurray, AB
I'm getting one solely for the gym and running. Don't want to use my iPhone for that, plus the iPhone's battery life isn't quite good enough to use if for extended periods of time listening to music. Now to choose a color...I think it's between gunmetal, blue, and red. Hmmmm.

Oh, and the 16GB for $199 is a great price in my opinion. Enough to hold my entire music collection, and expand on a bit.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
Like others have said, I am getting a new nano to go along side my iPhone. I currently have a 2G nano but 4GB isn't enough for me. I use my nano all the time for Nike+ and my car, and I would love to have the Genius feature for my car using an iTrip.

thespyglass

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Liverpool UK
I think, once I've played with one, I'm going to be pretty much sold on the new Nanos. As awesome as the Touch seems with regards to interface and, well, the fact it's a touch-screen, it's not quite as portable as I need it to be and I'm really not interested enough in the games or watching TV on a little screen to justify paying so much more. Plus I actually can't afford to pay that much.

It'll be the 16GB Nano for me. I'll be interested to see how Genius works out when I play with it but I predict I'll love the screen, the interface, the accelerometer and if I can get some kind of waterproof sleeve it can live in my bra when I run. :eek: (Although I'm hoping you can turn off shake-to-shuffle to avoid unintentional shuffles when bouncing around.) Plus "oooh" to the recording voice memos thing, that's actually useful for me.

The only real problem is that I want all the colours. Damn you, Jobs! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.