PDA

View Full Version : 2000 plus club

AlphaTech
May 27, 2002, 06:59 PM
Well, there are now three members that are in the 2000 plus posts club, with me being the latest addition. :D

It also appears that all three of us in the club are demi-gods... maybe there is a connection there :D

Not sure what to do to celebrate, but I am open to suggestions. Beside popping open a cold one (Irish brew) and kicking back with a movie or three tonight (Anime).

firewire2001
May 27, 2002, 07:05 PM
heh! i jus made my 100th post... weeee! :)

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 07:07 PM
I just got finished congratulating u on your 2000th post...and I actually deleted the part where I said "now u are among the rankings of the 2M club"...

then I come here...and u say it instead...

can I get a "muahahahahaha!!! just for this occasion?? ;)

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 07:09 PM
Muahahahaha! :O :p ;) :cool:

As for a celebration, I will let you know when I am up there....;)

SilvorX
May 27, 2002, 07:12 PM
congratz :D, i already reached 50 some posts even tho i joined a few days ago, on a thread i usually go on often, i have 2300 posts or so :S

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 07:14 PM
u will be nearing 1000 soon enough...

got any plans for your victory dance? :p

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 07:15 PM
No offense, firewire2001, but I am sure nobody could give the roots of a horse's ponytail that you made 100 posts. Find something intelligent to post, but don't blabber your mouth here...

The least you could do is congratulate Alpha. For instance...

Congratulations, Alpha! :)

Fear the King.

firewire2001
May 27, 2002, 07:20 PM
haha.. sorry .. ya.. congrats alpha!

AlphaTech
May 27, 2002, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the congrats....

I predict that hitting the 2000 mark will not be a big deal all too soon. Hopefully about the same time I get to 3000, in which case eyelikeart will probably be close to, or over, 4000 posts.

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
u will be nearing 1000 soon enough...

got any plans for your victory dance? :p

Well, I'm not quite sure at the moment. Oh wait, I got an idea!

You all can pitch in and get me the new...thing! Hehehe....

Nah, I will probly just give myself a pat on the back and post some more :D

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 07:23 PM
I will buy myself one of those mugs! Hehehehe

Beej
May 27, 2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
No offense, firewire2001, but I am sure nobody could give the roots of a horse's ponytail that you made 100 posts. Find something intelligent to post, but don't blabber your mouth here...Cor... leave him alone! Sheesh...

Well done on your 2000, Alpha!

Well done on your 100, firewire2001!

Well done on your 50, SilvorX!

It's great to see so many new active posters around. Don't listen to the crap you're given by some of the older and higher posting members. Just because they have an avatar doesn't mean they can randomly spurt out insults (even though some seem to think they can...)

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 07:31 PM
Honestly, Beej, in my opinion, I don't think that 50 is all that important. I mean, are you going to congratulate every single person who posts "Hey, I made 50! Look at me!" I think that people here should congratulate others who have really made their status known.

And 50 is basically no different than saying "I made 63." 50 just sounds better since you are halfway to a three-digit number.

BTW, MacAztec, you are really starting to push the buttons with free posts. I know you may be underage, but at least be decent enough to post something more intelligent than "Yep, anytime soon, I'll have 1000."

Fear the King.

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 07:39 PM
BTW, MacAztec, you are really starting to push the buttons with free posts. I know you may be underage, but at least be decent enough to post something more intelligent than "Yep, anytime soon, I'll have 1000."

Fear the King.

What the hell? Someone is in a pissy mood.

Who cares about your damn post count. Its like you get pissed off when someone makes a funny post, or someone congratulates themself on 50 or 100 posts.

Who cares?!?

Let em have fun! I find this forum to be fun, I joke around with people, and have a laugh. I think you need to be the intellegent one and stop treating the forum as if it were a incredibly serious posting place.

Beej
May 27, 2002, 07:42 PM
Honestly, Beej, in my opinion, I don't think that 50 is all that important. I mean, are you going to congratulate every single person who posts "Hey, I made 50! Look at me!" I think that people here should congratulate others who have really made their status known.

If someone feels happy enough about making 50 to post a comment about it, I'll congratulate them. Even though you and I have a lot more, 50 posts is still a lot. You can't just ignore the contributions made by new members.

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 07:45 PM
I totally agree. I mean, this site has really boosted up in the past couple of months.

I remember when I first joined, and watching jhatfield with 200 posts and stuff, while I was at 40, I would congratulate myself. Man, those were the good ol' days.

Now, it seems everyone is all into post count and stuff.

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 07:46 PM
Those arguments are fair; however, I am also noticing how MacAztec got in a few unnecessary posts that meant nothing at all. I do not want people to get thrown off the forums for one-liners like that, in case Arn does catch this and bans you, MacAztec from the forums. Luckily, if he doesn't, then I will not be so serious and there will be fun discussions to go around.

BTW, I am also somewhat ticked off because of someone posting Peesea information where it doesn't belong. If this person knows what I am talking about, you may stay on the forums all you want, but once you blabber your mouth on any single peesea, or group of peeseas, then you will get flamed. Yes, that was to SilvorX.

Fear the King.

Beej
May 27, 2002, 07:50 PM
Those arguments are fair; however, I am also noticing how MacAztec got in a few unnecessary posts that meant nothing at all. I do not want people to get thrown off the forums for one-liners like that, in case Arn does catch this and bans you, MacAztec from the forums. Luckily, if he doesn't, then I will not be so serious and there will be fun discussions to go around.

BTW, I am also somewhat ticked off because of someone posting Peesea information where it doesn't belong. If this person knows what I am talking about, you may stay on the forums all you want, but once you blabber your mouth on any single peesea, or group of peeseas, then you will get flamed. Yes, that was to SilvorX.
OMG. I am leaving this thread before I am forced to turn the mother of all flame throwers on someone. Goodbye.

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 08:25 PM
I'm participating, only to add my 2. It was pointed out to me how silly it is to congratulate people on reaching any post level, its only a gratuitous way to boost post count without any actual contribution. And after thinking it through, I totally agree. And if anyone thinks otherwise, well that's your own opinion and you're entitled, but I'll be refraining from any celebrations.

I'll will wish you a happy bday, graduation, marriage, etc., so don't go thinking I'm sour.

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 08:44 PM
It was freaking one post that boosted my count. We were talking about the 1000 club, and I said "Yea, I am still trying to get there."

Then, a little later, I thought it would be funny (since nobody replied) to say

"Yep, still waiting...."

Geesh! Calm down! Its not like I always have wortheless posts. I have probly had a few, but these were jokes! I mean comon!

If you guys realy want to b*tch and moan about it (not you duke), then go ahead and tell arn to take off 1 post from my count. I mean, is it really like a race or someting?

I dont care, go ahead...

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Beej
OMG. I am leaving this thread before I am forced to turn the mother of all flame throwers on someone. Goodbye.

Yea, I think I will join you. I get angry even thinking about this!

BTW- Wheres Alpha when you need his "Highly combustible .6 calibar armor piercing bullets"

or his "super duper flame thrower" :D

AlphaTech
May 27, 2002, 08:54 PM
dukestreet, I didn't start this thread to boost post counts, since I alreay hit the 2000 mark before creating this thread. It's more of an observation post then anything else. If someone wants to post a comment, they are welcome to.

MacAztec, I'm conserving the experimental rounds for the moment. Now, if you need to obtain some of my .50 cal HEAP rounds, something could be arranged. :D

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
dukestreet, I didn't start this thread to boost post counts, since I alreay hit the 2000 mark before creating this thread. It's more of an observation post then anything else. If someone wants to post a comment, they are welcome to.

MacAztec, I'm conserving the experimental rounds for the moment. Now, if you need to obtain some of my .50 cal HEAP rounds, something could be arranged. :D

Where might I be able to pick a few rounds up?

My dad is a collector of guns. Hes got this one gun, only used by the S.W.A.T. team. Not sure how he got it.

Its got two handles, one is a LITTLE bit curved, and it holds the clip. Its a short weapon.

All I have shot is the M-16 (extended barrel) and some silver pistol. He told me that police officers want this gun...

It was pretty funny, last summer, when the cops called our house. They talked to my dad and asked him about a gun he had. It was a "Saturday Night Special"

Apparently, it had been used in a crime. Someone stole it from him, lol.

We never went and picked it up, we just let em dispose of it

mac15
May 28, 2002, 12:14 AM
congrad alphatech

And it look like eyelikart will be part of 3M club soon

MacAztec
May 28, 2002, 12:15 AM
Yea, eye is moving along pretty quickly. I think the big celebration will be when Duke knocks eye out of first...

Rower_CPU
May 28, 2002, 12:48 AM
First off: KC, cool it. We've already had enough drama around here with people complaining about irrelevant threads/conversations to go bringing this stuff up again. If someone is flagrantly multiple posting, report the post to arn. Don't turn it into a grudge or personal vendetta.

Second: Congratulations to everyone who posts here at MacRumors.com! I'm glad we have such a large, diverse and interesting community. By your very presence and willingness to share your opinions you make our community stronger.

Third: There is no third thing...:p

iGav
May 28, 2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
First off: KC, cool it. We've already had enough drama around here with people complaining about irrelevant threads/conversations to go bringing this stuff up again. If someone is flagrantly multiple posting, report the post to arn. Don't turn it into a grudge or personal vendetta.

Second: Congratulations to everyone who posts here at MacRumors.com! I'm glad we have such a large, diverse and interesting community. By your very presence and willingness to share your opinions you make our community stronger.

Third: There is no third thing...:p

I can't help but second that..... Rower.......... variety is the spice of life and all that jazz!!! :D ;) :)

Congrats Mr Alphatech on 2000+ you're indeed motoring along very nicely!!

How's the Harley now the suns coming out to play???

britboy
May 28, 2002, 05:47 AM
A very warm flatulation... err sorry, congratulations to you AlphaTech. :p

Who would have thought that such a thread would turn into a flame war? Damn, some of you guys need to get out more.....

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
Yea, eye is moving along pretty quickly. I think the big celebration will be when Duke knocks eye out of first...

Who's going to celebrate? Uhhgg! I won't be, it won't matter, and if I ever get close to eye, we more than likely swap 1st place back and forth for a while. You all going to celebrate evertime the lead changes? This is what I mean about useless posting, I wasn't even going to post here again, but this was too much. Sheesh.

And I'm not looking for a flame war, that's not the reason I posted here in the first place, I was just letting people know what I thought. Did anyone remember me 'celebrating' at 2000? It didn't happen.

Macmaniac
May 28, 2002, 06:44 AM
Good job Alpha it is amazing how dedicated people are. I am looking forward to my 500th post. I will catch up! I am in the top 31!!!!

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Good job Alpha it is amazing how dedicated people are. I am looking forward to my 500th post. I will catch up! I am in the top 31!!!!

amazing...

after all of the bickering back & forth about celebrating posts...someone still managed to stick with the topic at hand...

I think I can go home now...I've seen it all today... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac

Obviously didn't read the rest of the posts and is trying desperately for that coveted 500.....

Hurry macmaniac, hurry!!!

Backtothemac
May 28, 2002, 09:07 AM
I agree with Duke on this one. But on the other hand, I think that we all post a lot, and we all know that. As long as it is not a race to 10,000, then yea, it can be fun to make notice of milestones. Hey it happens here all the time. The processor levels and the avatar. To post a lot is something that we hold special, but we should not post one liners and things that don't matter just to get up the count.

Now King, dude, WTF. Man, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what. Go grab a Zanex, and kick back and listen to some tunes for a while :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
As long as it is not a race to 10,000, then yea, it can be fun to make notice of milestones.

aw man...don't plant that seed!!!

it's bad enough already that 500 is starting to hold less significance... ;)

I can see it now..."I got my avatar after 14 days on macrumors...if I time it out just right....I'll be #1 by Halloween!!"

he he he...:D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 09:17 AM

I can see it now..."I got my avatar after 14 days on macrumors...if I time it out just right....I'll be #1 by Halloween!!"

I don't think anyone would be able to do that without getting severely flamed. They would end up with enough 1 liner post replies that arn would end up saying something.

I'm still a fan of content and relevancy. One of the reasons I don't like all the congratulatory threads, even though I've participated, only to voice my opinion.

jello's going to be calling me an sour old man again, I can see it coming....

Backtothemac
May 28, 2002, 09:17 AM

he he he...:D

Well, I can say this. One of the things that brought me out from being a lurker from day one, to where I am now, was some of the post counts that you guys had. I thought man, either these guys have no life, or there are a lot of cool things that I am missing. So, register I did. You are right though. The way that I see it, I will hit 10,000 on June 13th, 2004. :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 09:29 AM
I thought man, either these guys have no life, or there are a lot of cool things that I am missing.

either that thought must have gone out the window or u are ashamed because u know now that u are a geek like the rest of us? ;)

ps: did u get my PM about Geek Fest??

britboy
May 28, 2002, 09:41 AM

either that thought must have gone out the window or u are ashamed because u know now that u are a geek like the rest of us? ;)

'Ashamed' of being a geek? I long for the day when geeks rule the world!!

B2TM~ your first thought was probably more accurate.... :D

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I'm still a fan of content and relevancy. One of the reasons I don't like all the congratulatory threads, even though I've participated, only to voice my opinion.

jello's going to be calling me an sour old man again, I can see it coming....

you're so sour that you think all i do is tell you how sour you are... dang.

i too am one for relevancy and content. including that of the personality nature, and friendly banter... so long as it's not clearly pointless..

king cobra- how is macaztec posting, jokingly, about his 1000th any worse than you posting over and over again saying how dumb he is for doing it?

he was joking around. it's worse to call him out for it on here when it'll just add fuel to the fire... though if you were to pm him you wouldn't get those posts yourself, eh?

who cares what the count is. make it private. seems fine with me.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by britboy

'Ashamed' of being a geek? I long for the day when geeks rule the world!!

B2TM~ your first thought was probably more accurate.... :D

yeah I know...now it's just my friends who have to accept it...

just yesterday my friend Roy says "Damn...u are more of a geek than Mike!"...

I'm not sure if I should be proud of that or not...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 09:52 AM
I thought man, either these guys have no life, or there are a lot of cool things that I am missing. So, register I did. You are right though. The way that I see it, I will hit 10,000 on June 13th, 2004. :D

I think you now realize that we all don't have a life and are geeks. You just got sucked in. So the 2004 date is base on you p/d?

Backtothemac
May 28, 2002, 10:05 AM

I think you now realize that we all don't have a life and are geeks. You just got sucked in. So the 2004 date is base on you p/d?

Na, P/D is all screwed up because of my first three months here. I only had like 100 posts coming into the middle of last month. Just screwing off really. Man, 10,000. Now, that would make you a G7 right....he,he...

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 10:08 AM

Na, P/D is all screwed up because of my first three months here. I only had like 100 posts coming into the middle of last month. Just screwing off really. Man, 10,000. Now, that would make you a G7 right....he,he...

I'd be very impressed if you could keep up the pace you've set lately over the next couple of years. I've already noticed a lot of 're-threading' (ooh, new term, like that) where newbies bring up a topic that was discussed a month or more ago. It happens all the time, and it starts to get boring answering them. I'll probably start slowing down eventually and post on things that are new or personaly interesting.

jefhatfield and 'macs and beer v.6'......

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 10:21 AM
I've already noticed a lot of 're-threading' (ooh, new term, like that) where newbies bring up a topic that was discussed a month or more ago. It happens all the time, and it starts to get boring answering them.

jefhatfield and 'macs and beer v.6'......

yeah...sort of like whenever someone brings up the bright idea of "What if Apple put out a new PDA??" ;)

britboy
May 28, 2002, 10:23 AM

yeah...sort of like whenever someone brings up the bright idea of "What if Apple put out a new PDA??" ;)

Now come on. None of the established members would dare do something like that. Would they Mcrain? :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 10:25 AM

Oh, wow, that would be sooo cool!!!

Ha, just had to. But that's exactly it, nothing is going to prevent that from happening and I imagine eventually one day we'll all just get tired of it and revert back to lurker mode or just be a more casual poster. But that won't happen any time soon, to many interesting things happening around here.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 10:28 AM
I imagine eventually one day we'll all just get tired of it and revert back to lurker mode or just be a more casual poster. But that won't happen any time soon, to many interesting things happening around here.

it could happen...but I don't think it'll be any time soon either...

since this Community Discussion forum exploded into the most interesting & fun part of this site....I doubt it'll ever happen...

Backtothemac
May 28, 2002, 10:31 AM

Oh, wow, that would be sooo cool!!!

Ha, just had to. But that's exactly it, nothing is going to prevent that from happening and I imagine eventually one day we'll all just get tired of it and revert back to lurker mode or just be a more casual poster. But that won't happen any time soon, to many interesting things happening around here.

I personally cannot wait for the next GoCyrus to step up to the plate. Inhale420 has shown interest in the position, but has never fully commited to it. I agree that you can only talk about some things so many times before they get really old, but the beauty is that as long as Apple keeps going forward then we will keep posting.....

Plus, I think Geekfest is going to be good for some posts as well.....

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 10:35 AM

Plus, I think Geekfest is going to be good for some posts as well.....

You're going to have to hook up some sort of internet connection where ever its held, Airport ready, of course. Otherwise everyone is going to be fighting over who gets to post next......

britboy
May 28, 2002, 10:40 AM

You're going to have to hook up some sort of internet connection where ever its held, Airport ready, of course. Otherwise everyone is going to be fighting over who gets to post next......

... i can see it now. Eye and Alpha will be walking around with their tibooks, B2TM with his ibook, renting time online for those who want to post on macrumors.... :D :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 10:47 AM
... i can see it now. Eye and Alpha will be walking around with their tibooks, B2TM with his ibook, renting time online for those who want to post on macrumors.... :D :D

either that, or I see everyone sitting down behind a computer typing away, and nothing else happening. Should be some interesting posts. And someone better have a camera. Video would be even better.

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 11:00 AM

Might be a good way to make some extra $$ :D

I would even host a minor geek-fest up here, but seems that no one wants to head up to the MA area... oh well... more grillin for me :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 11:31 AM

Might be a good way to make some extra $$ :D

I would even host a minor geek-fest up here, but seems that no one wants to head up to the MA area... oh well... more grillin for me :D

if we get a more people to do it I'd be there in a sec...

I'm looking forward to grillin'...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 11:43 AM

I haven't been able to use my grill since work start on our basement bathroom almost 2 weeks ago. I'm really itching to get out there and do something, hopefully they'll get rid of the extra wood soon.

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 11:44 AM

I bet the first words out of your mouth would be "where's the beef?" :D The second item/question would be where you could go online from... which is anywhere in my apartment, or the yard too, since I have the airport base station.

Gotta love Apple's technology. :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 11:59 AM
I think Alpha's got my number...he he he...

so where do we find the women?? :D

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 12:00 PM
I think Alpha's got my number...he he he...

so where do we find the women?? :D

Bring some hotties with you :D... How many do you think you can fit in your new car???

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 12:04 PM
I think the road trip would be more fun then the actual bbq. He might not even make it if he had to bring his own talent.....

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 12:07 PM
I think the road trip would be more fun then the actual bbq. He might not even make it if he had to bring his own talent.....

LMAO!!! How very true... but he is trying to make some moves on a certain young waitress near him... so the hotties he brings could be safe on the trip, and not delay him. :D

What person here wouldn't mind some eye candy for a long trip???? :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 12:20 PM

LMAO!!! How very true... but he is trying to make some moves on a certain young waitress near him... so the hotties he brings could be safe on the trip, and not delay him. :D

What person here wouldn't mind some eye candy for a long trip???? :D

no pun intended with "eye" candy right? ;)

as for the waitress...I'm on the case....I'll be heading back out to Rocky's (the restaurant) later this week...maybe even as soon as Thurs...

I'll post a full report if I get lucky....metaphorically speaking of course... :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 12:22 PM

Bring some hotties with you :D... How many do you think you can fit in your new car???

oh I don't know...if we squeeze them in the back hatch I'd say 2 in front....4 in back....maybe 2 in the hatch...

oh wait...there would be no room for luggage...hmm...;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 12:23 PM
So that's interesting, a waitress, huh. You a big tipper? Does she know you outside of waiting tables, or did you meet her there? Are you regular now?

I just can't help but thinking of Jenifer Aniston in Office Space.

Does she have nice pieces of flair?

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 12:25 PM

oh I don't know...if we squeeze them in the back hatch I'd say 2 in front....4 in back....maybe 2 in the hatch...

oh wait...there would be no room for luggage...hmm...;)

Who needs luggage??? Just bring enough for you... I have a washer and dryer here. :D

Eye candy walking around the apartment... now that would be something :D

Rower_CPU
May 28, 2002, 12:26 PM
You done did it now!

Was she wearing just the minimum? Does she seem like a team player?

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 12:29 PM
You done did it now!

Was she wearing just the minimum? Does she seem like a team player?

oh dang.... this one can't be blamed on me...

"don't you want to express yourself???"

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 12:30 PM
Does she know you outside of waiting tables, or did you meet her there? Are you regular now?

Does she have nice pieces of flair?

yes I am a regular...she knows me from coming in about every week...and just recently has she started small talking with me...came to the table while I was waiting for friends the other night and sat for a minute to ask how I've been...u know how it goes...

as for her flair...she's hella cute...no buttons though...but she does look great in those hip-hugger style jeans with the midriff peaking through... :D

britboy
May 28, 2002, 12:42 PM
Sounds pretty nice. When are you going to break it to her that you spend most of your time on macrumors, and she'd havea to play second fiddle? :p

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 12:45 PM
Sounds pretty nice. When are you going to break it to her that you spend most of your time on macrumors, and she'd havea to play second fiddle? :p

haha. he's much better off keeping that a secret. for a good long while

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

haha. he's much better off keeping that a secret. for a good long while

hmm...the way I see it....I'll have to break it in slowly to any woman in my life about my macrumors identity...

but hey....at least she didn't flip off her boss & some customers! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 12:49 PM
It'll be a sad day,

'Would you like to come up and I'll show you my computer.....'

Yep, best to leave out MacRumors for a while.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 12:49 PM

but quite honestly...

I'm not sure where anything will lead...I just got out of a pretty intense relationship a few weeks ago...I'm not even sure how I'd handle having another...

but I've had my eye on her for a while now...and things seem to be moving to that point...so I'm going to ride the wave to see how it goes...I've never actually dated around in nearly 9 years...:rolleyes: :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 12:51 PM

but quite honestly...

I'm not sure where anything will lead...I just got out of a pretty intense relationship a few weeks ago...I'm not even sure how I'd handle having another...

That's it, keep denying anything is happening and you'll be stuck in a relationship before you know what hits you.

:D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 12:55 PM

That's it, keep denying anything is happening and you'll be stuck in a relationship before you know what hits you.

I'm literally sitting here laughing at this...:D

somehow I'm starting to feel duke knows me better I thought...he he he

but....hmm...I'll be leaving the TiBook home for a while....until I gain trust...then I'll let it hit her... ;)

Backtothemac
May 28, 2002, 12:59 PM
Not that it wasn't official before, but man, we are friggin geeks. Most guys lead into the fact they were married, or have a kid. And there was that time that I was arrested in Auburn, us. By the way...

I have a secret life that I lead on an internet website called Macrumors.....:p

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 01:04 PM
Not that it wasn't official before, but man, we are friggin geeks. Most guys lead into the fact they were married, or have a kid. And there was that time that I was arrested in Auburn, us. By the way...

I have a secret life that I lead on an internet website called Macrumors.....:p

no joke! :rolleyes:

and I hate to bring the subject of post count up...but when I tell people..."yeah...I'm the top poster....and the owner of the site made me a moderator as well"....can u spell it with a capital "G"?? :eek: ;)

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 01:09 PM
no joke! :rolleyes:

and I hate to bring the subject of post count up...but when I tell people..."yeah...I'm the top poster....and the owner of the site made me a moderator as well"....can u spell it with a capital "G"?? :eek: ;)

Maybe we should start a support group... MAA (Mac Addicts Anonymous)... or MRAA (MacRumors Addicts Anonymous)...

Hi may name is Alphatech, and I'd addicted to my Mac, and MacRumors too. :D

I'm a Geek by day and night... I have gotten a bit better though, since I left my TiBook at home yesterday (good thing with that rain I got swallowed up by). One of my cousin's brought his peecee laptop, but had the good sense to leave it in the trunk of his car :D. Everyone that hadn't seen my Harley before had to oogle over it :D...

At least as Geeks, we have the cool toys :D

britboy
May 28, 2002, 01:12 PM

At least as Geeks, we have the cool toys :D

Geeks don't grow up. Their toys just get more expensive :p

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 01:16 PM

You got that right Bubba... :D Real geeks also know how to fix more things... like their computers, and how to work on their other toys. I will be getting a shop manual for my Harley soon enough, so that I can start 'tweaking' it where I want to. It will also give me the info I need to do service on it (once I decide to give it a shot). I have a 4 year warranty on it, so at least if I ***** it up, I'm covered (at least I think so, will have to confirm that). There will be things I want to do/change by myself, mainly because I won't always want to pay the labor to have a shop/dealership do it.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 01:26 PM

damn right!!

and more sophisticated...

but at least mine all match...the TiBook...my camera...my Matrix...he he he:D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 01:30 PM
addicted, who's addicted...

But there are different levels/types of geekdom. My wife is a tax geek, and she admits it. Can't understand it myself, but its sort of the same way for her, she not understanding why I'm on the computer so much.

At least we respect each others geekness....

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 01:32 PM
At least we respect each others geekness....

so we could coin a new phrase with that one...

"Respect each other's geek needs"... :D

in a fight u could say..."hey...I need u to respect my geek needs just as much as I do your's..."

ok maybe that was lame... :rolleyes:

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 01:38 PM

so we could coin a new phrase with that one...

"Respect each other's geek needs"... :D

in a fight u could say..."hey...I need u to respect my geek needs just as much as I do your's..."

ok maybe that was lame... :rolleyes:

Yeah, you have done much better...

Although, you could just go Cartman and 'Respect my athoratah' :D But if you suddenly have flames shootin out of your a$$, I am leaving. :D I don't want that huge satellite dish coming out next and messing up my place. LOL

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 01:41 PM

Yeah, you have done much better...

Although, you could just go Cartman and 'Respect my athoratah' :D But if you suddenly have flames shootin out of your a$$, I am leaving. :D I don't want that huge satellite dish coming out next and messing up my place. LOL

yeah...I know....u gotta appreciate the pressures of posting while working though....he he he...

as for flames shooting out of my @ss...no worries...

I'll leave it there for respect of everyone elses geekness....they may not be able it nor want to be exposed to the comment I was going to make... ;)

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 01:47 PM

yeah...I know....u gotta appreciate the pressures of posting while working though....he he he...

as for flames shooting out of my @ss...no worries...

I'll leave it there for respect of everyone elses geekness....they may not be able it nor want to be exposed to the comment I was going to make... ;)

Work??? :D I am enjoying my week off from the grind, since last week was hell for me. The other tech took that week off, so I have this week off... Payback can be such a B*TCH!! muahahahahahahahahahahaaaa...

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 02:00 PM
Well, I had planned on going in to work today, but I'm waiting for the electrician, can't believe its going on 3, damn.....

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 02:03 PM
Well, I had planned on going in to work today, but I'm waiting for the electrician, can't believe its going on 3, damn.....

Major or minor work??? I had one come into my place soon after I moved in to add some grounded outlets, run them to a 20amp breaker and put in some phone drops where I wanted them. Guy was good, but not cheap. Took him most of the day to do everything, considering how he had to run the lines from my apartment into the basement and such.

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 02:12 PM
Putting a basement bathroom in. Its been wired, they just need to come over and put in the lights and switches now. Its such a waste of my time, I had to meet with some people today, so I cancelled. Oh, well.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 02:23 PM

kind of reminds me of that commercial....I believe it's an Acura commercial??

where the couple is driving....then shows the cable guy knocking at the door....and finally inside the car again to have the phone ring....cable guy on the other end telling the couple he's waiting for them...then they say they will be back sometime between 12 & 5....he he he....:D

britboy
May 28, 2002, 02:28 PM

kind of reminds me of that commercial....I believe it's an Acura commercial??

where the couple is driving....then shows the cable guy knocking at the door....and finally inside the car again to have the phone ring....cable guy on the other end telling the couple he's waiting for them...then they say they will be back sometime between 12 & 5....he he he....:D

ha ha! That's brilliant! Why do we stand by and let our time go to waste, when we're the customer?

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 02:37 PM

ha ha! That's brilliant! Why do we stand by and let our time go to waste, when we're the customer?

I don't know....because we're suckers?:eek:

that was a perfect...."in your face" ad for us to get back at them though... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 02:52 PM
The only problem with that fantasy (and it was done in Seinfeld first with Cramer and the cable guy) is that we actually want to get this thing done as soon as possible. I'm pissed I had to wait the whole day, but I did manage to get some work done. All delays just end up holding up everything else, and when you're paying lots of money for it, you'd like to think it counts for something.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 02:56 PM
The only problem with that fantasy (and it was done in Seinfeld first with Cramer and the cable guy) is that we actually want to get this thing done as soon as possible. I'm pissed I had to wait the whole day, but I did manage to get some work done. All delays just end up holding up everything else, and when you're paying lots of money for it, you'd like to think it counts for something.

damn....I cannot believe I missed that episode...gotta be one of the best tv shows of all time... :( :D

but true...u do feel like u get cheated...especially if u take the day off work to get it handled... :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 02:58 PM

but true...u do feel like u get cheated...especially if u take the day off work to get it handled... :rolleyes:

I hadn't planned on it. I had planned on getting into work later in the morning after the contractors got here, but that didn't happen. So now they're all coming back next Tuesday. At least I'll get 3 days in at work this week.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 03:21 PM

I hadn't planned on it. I had planned on getting into work later in the morning after the contractors got here, but that didn't happen. So now they're all coming back next Tuesday. At least I'll get 3 days in at work this week.

I guess both a good situation & bad at the same time then...

sorry u had to wait around...

my mother is doing the same thing right now...

she & my stepdad tore out the flooring in their kitchen...took off work last friday to have the guy come & lay the new tile down...and he never showed...was sick...so they had to go through the hassle of bringing the washer & dryer back into the house after disconnecting them...not to mention the fridge is in the living room along with small appliances...and it won't get fixed till this Friday...he he he....humorous & not... :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 03:55 PM
You remember the pic of my media lab? Well, I'm now stuck in a corner with just a little bit of work area and 3/4s of the room if filled to the ceiling with stuff we had to take out of the storage area while the contractors are putting in the bathroom.

They put a coat of primer on the wall this morning, mmmm, the smell of drying paint.:D

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 03:58 PM
They put a coat of primer on the wall this morning, mmmm, the smell of drying paint.:D

NO WONDER you are in a good mood... lol... Let me know when you start to smell the sounds. ;)

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 04:06 PM

NO WONDER you are in a good mood... lol... Let me know when you start to smell the sounds. ;)

ha ha ha!!!

yeah I did notice his chipper attitude despite waiting around for nothing... ;)

but seriously...u must be hurting for space now that your media lab has been turned into a storage room?

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 04:11 PM

but seriously...u must be hurting for space now that your media lab has been turned into a storage room?

Yeah, that and the wife wants to turn it into the tv room and move my stuff upstairs, which won't fit into one bedroom. Its going to be a tough one when its all finished. Battle of wills, but we'll see, I could use it to my advantage to get a new computer.....

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 04:12 PM

Yeah, that and the wife wants to turn it into the tv room and move my stuff upstairs, which won't fit into one bedroom. Its going to be a tough one when its all finished. Battle of wills, but we'll see, I could use it to my advantage to get a new computer.....

well don't go down too hard duke....u know when it comes to stuff like that women find a way to make it work for their favor...

but like u said...if she does it...make her pay...he he he :D

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 04:14 PM
I LOVE what this thread has evolved into... :D

All three members of the 2000+ club are posting :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 04:24 PM

yeah...actually something that was looked down upon as being recognized earlier...the irony...

britboy
May 28, 2002, 04:39 PM

I'm sure i've had the odd post in here somwhere... now where was it? :p

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 04:45 PM

yeah...actually something that was looked down upon as being recognized earlier...the irony...

i can't help but feel left out...

and yeah britboy, there've been posts by others. just gotta go waaaay back to see them.... fancy that eh?

haha

to the third

mischief
May 28, 2002, 04:48 PM
Geez.......

I get a life for the month of May and suddenly you 3 are all standing around talking about how cool it is to have Monitor Tan. :rolleyes:

(Yes, I'm jealous) :D

Maybe I shouldn't lurk while listening to Eminem........:p

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by mischief
Maybe I shouldn't lurk while listening to Eminem........:p

hmm...maybe u shouldn't be listening to Eminem?

sorry...but u opened yourself up on that one...even though I'm sure u aren't being serious anyway... :D

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 04:53 PM
Geez.......

I get a life for the month of May and suddenly you 3 are all standing around talking about how cool it is to have Monitor Tan. :rolleyes:

(Yes, I'm jealous) :D

Actually, you don't get monitor tan from an LCD :D Another advantage of having a new TiBook. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 04:54 PM

I will not be wearig the 2000+ members only jacket, don't see it happening. Besides, eye is going to be leaving soon....

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah, eye is the president of the soon-to-be-formed 3k club. I'm sure we will be there eventually, given enough time at least.

How about a hat instead of a jacket?? :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 05:31 PM

sorry...don't do hats...

but I will take a t-shirt...he he he :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 05:36 PM
Yeah, eye is the president of the soon-to-be-formed 3k club. I'm sure we will be there eventually, given enough time at least.

Its bad enough the post counts out there for everyone to see, I'm not into advertising, I'll not be wearing any badges of geekness, thanks. I'm bad enough as it is....

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 05:41 PM

Its bad enough the post counts out there for everyone to see, I'm not into advertising, I'll not be wearing any badges of geekness, thanks. I'm bad enough as it is....

nice point duke....but u have already been labeled as one of the heavy hitters around here...people already know who u are and that u are a dangerous guy...esp. with creating avatars...

btw...I'm sure u are not worried given your current situation at home...but I haven't gotten those pics done yet...just so u know I won't be springing it up on u and expect u to do it right away... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 05:51 PM
That's fine, eye, I've got a ton of things going on, so I'll have no problem waiting for you to get me the pics. I've got some others to do in the mean time.

That and work....

MacAztec
May 28, 2002, 05:54 PM
Thats pretty friggin funny!

If you guys take a road trip, I will be sure to catch up!

You know how fun that would be? Man, we could use Steve's new bluetooth when we want to post on the MacRumors WHILE we are driving to....wherever!

I bet if we called up Apple HQ, and told them that we (about 8 guys) are going to their HQ, and want to meet Jobs, I bet it could happen!

We could have lunch with jobs and Woz...

britboy
May 28, 2002, 05:57 PM

sorry...don't do hats...

but I will take a t-shirt...he he he :D

Something like this? :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:07 PM

more like this

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 06:08 PM

oh man...for a second there I thought it might have been another "save eyelikeart" t-shirt...ha ha ha!! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:09 PM
"save eyelikeart"

I think its getting to the point where we might all need a little saving.

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 06:12 PM

I think its getting to the point where we might all need a little saving.

especially u duke...

u are gonna be up to your ears in avatars before long... :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:16 PM
I think I'm more worried about all the submissions we get over night, especially from the aussies. I can just imagine some of them posting a bunch until they give up. I hope it doesn't crash the system, ha!

mischief
May 28, 2002, 06:17 PM
How is it all 3 of you are so addicted to this forum, yet none of you have drug habits?

Meta-substance abuse your first forray into altered conciousness?;)

We need Apple to do iChat sooner rather than later so we can all sit around using iListen/Text-to-speech in our rec-rooms and have a proper Beer-And-Football style party going.:p

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 06:20 PM
How is it all 3 of you are so addicted to this forum, yet none of you have drug habits?

Meta-substance abuse your first forray into altered conciousness?;)

We need Apple to do iChat sooner rather than later so we can all sit around using iListen/Text-to-speech in our rec-rooms and have a proper Beer-And-Football style party going.:p

he he he...well I do get some wicked headaches when I go a day without caffeine...so what does that tell u?

as for iChat....I'm awaiting 10.2...once I get it installed....I'll be iChatting away with u...:D

britboy
May 28, 2002, 06:24 PM

more like this

Very nice.... :D

Eye~ I was tempted to put your eye 'tar in, but figured you'd not be alone in the 3k zone for long...

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:24 PM

he he he...well I do get some wicked headaches when I go a day without caffeine...so what does that tell u

I didn't get my caffene today, but I have been smelling paint fumes all afternoon, that's got to count for something..

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 06:27 PM

I didn't get my caffene today, but I have been smelling paint fumes all afternoon, that's got to count for something..

yeah...instead of opening up the cells...u are killing them off...

I guess it creates the same effect since they do not get the chance to suffer...he he he ;)

MacAztec
May 28, 2002, 06:32 PM
Just wanted to say its cool that eye is at 3k now.

I want an uber geek t-shirt too!

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:36 PM
Just wanted to say its cool that eye is at 3k now.

I want an uber geek t-shirt too!

So MacAztec, both eye and I (that's weird) want to know how you found out about the 'tar contest and posted a thread last night in the community forum about it? You shouldn't have been able to see the forum or the threads...

MacAztec
May 28, 2002, 06:40 PM
It was kinda weird. I logged into MacRumors, and saw a thread called Avatar Contest or something. I clicked it and got a message saying that I didn't have sufficient privelages to view it.

I then made a thread asking why I couldn't view it. Thats the story :D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 06:42 PM

So MacAztec, both eye and I (that's weird) want to know how you found out about the 'tar contest and posted a thread last night in the community forum about it? You shouldn't have been able to see the forum or the threads...

yeah really....sounded like u were stuttering for a second... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:48 PM
It was kinda weird. I logged into MacRumors, and saw a thread called Avatar Contest or something. I clicked it and got a message saying that I didn't have sufficient privelages to view it.

I then made a thread asking why I couldn't view it. Thats the story :D

truly weird, don't have a clue as to why that happened. Did you notice your thread was deleted? I responded to it and then eye decided to just remove it. Prevent any more beans spilling out....

MacAztec
May 28, 2002, 06:48 PM

yeah really....sounded like u were stuttering for a second... ;)

Errmmmm....stuttering? I have ummm, no idea what you are talking about.
[Logs out of the MacRumors hack program]
[Shuts down the computer]

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 06:49 PM

Errmmmm....stuttering? I have ummm, no idea what you are talking about.
[Logs out of the MacRumors hack program]
[Shuts down the computer]

he was talking about my post,

'eye and i'

its better if you say it......

MacAztec
May 28, 2002, 06:58 PM
Woops, got that mixed up.

Oh well, my computer is back on now ;)

Rower_CPU
May 29, 2002, 02:03 AM
Wow...that's all I have to say, is wow!

It's just a very impressive number.

Weird thing is that you were always 1k or so ahead of me until lately. I'm not sure if I slowed down, or you sped up...or maybe a combination of the two...

Anyway, hope you danced the funky chicken...or at least listened to "Fly Me to the Moon" or something, because that post count is seriously astronomical. (OK, that was cheesy. I know. I'll stop now.:D )

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 10:23 AM
Anyway, hope you danced the funky chicken...or at least listened to "Fly Me to the Moon" or something, because that post count is seriously astronomical. (OK, that was cheesy. I know. I'll stop now.:D )

I'll be flying to the moon this weekend...or so I'm gonna try...the guys here already know about the hottie waitress I'm interested in...he he he :D

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 10:27 AM

I'll be flying to the moon this weekend...or so I'm gonna try...the guys here already know about the hottie waitress I'm interested in...he he he :D

You dogg....

MacAztec
May 29, 2002, 05:29 PM

Get her eye!

Does she like pizza? Maybe you two should talk over a mushroom pizza, a nice glass of wine, and....the rest is up to you ;)

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 08:02 PM

Get her eye!

Does she like pizza? Maybe you two should talk over a mushroom pizza, a nice glass of wine, and....the rest is up to you ;)

ha ha ha!!! :D

it's nice to see how much support I'm getting from macrumors...

to be honest...u guys are starting to know many things about me personally...especially my "personal life"...but I guess starting a thread where we all swapped stories will do that right?

anyway...I wonder if she likes pizza or not...being she slings them around to make ends meet...who knows??

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 08:10 PM
Ah, more info, she's a waitress at a pizza establishment? Do you know anything else about her? How long before you can post a pic?;)

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 08:13 PM
Ah, more info, she's a waitress at a pizza establishment? Do you know anything else about her? How long before you can post a pic?;)

yeah...here's the skinny...

I've been going there for a couple years...and from what I recall...she's waited on me I'd say 75% of the time...

she's hella cute...it's her lips & the midriff that sometimes shows when she wears jeans that I dig most...

as far as personal stats...I have none...but she's graduated to coming & talking to me now to see how I've been...

so I'm going for it...I have nothing to lose...except maybe a little bit of pride ;)

oh...and pictures will be dependent upon what happens....

to be continued...

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 08:48 PM

yeah...here's the skinny...

I'm sitting here realizing I've been in the same situation, many many years ago, and one thing I'll say and that's it. Don't worry about it, just ask her for something simple and see where it goes. If you've been going there for that long you obviously like the place, so if things don't go where you'd like, don't let it keep you from going back.

Good luck!

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 08:52 PM
the key is.... where will you go to eat if you get rejected??? haha.. no, i kid

go for it for sure...

you gain nothing if you don't.

ahhh, i remember back when i was single. all i did was try to trick girls into liking me..... i failed most of the time. til this one time..... ha

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 08:53 PM

I'm sitting here realizing I've been in the same situation, many many years ago, and one thing I'll say and that's it. Don't worry about it, just ask her for something simple and see where it goes. If you've been going there for that long you obviously like the place, so if things don't go where you'd like, don't let it keep you from going back.

Good luck!

I completely appreciate the words of wisdom... :)

u know...I was driving home from work and it hit me like a ton of bricks...just how much my life is currently mirroring the movie Office Space...feeling just so dead with my job....asking out the waitress in the restaurant...just being a computer geek...he he he...it's quite eerie...:eek:

but u are right man...I'm not going to make a big deal out of it...wouldn't want to find another pizza place....it's the best in the city hands down! ;)

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 08:54 PM
Offer to go for a drink or a coffee after she gets off work someday. Or on a day she has off... that way nothing is expected, and you can go from there. If nothing else, it will be as friends (doesn't risk anything, but the potential gain is high).

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 08:56 PM
the key is.... where will you go to eat if you get rejected??? haha.. no, i kid

go for it for sure...

you gain nothing if you don't.

ahhh, i remember back when i was single. all i did was try to trick girls into liking me..... i failed most of the time. til this one time..... ha

exactly...he he he...no worries...I've had much worse things happen to me in the past...

so looking back....where did u go wrong when u succeeded?? ;)

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 08:58 PM
Offer to go for a drink or a coffee after she gets off work someday. Or on a day she has off... that way nothing is expected, and you can go from there. If nothing else, it will be as friends (doesn't risk anything, but the potential gain is high).

that's the best part here...if it's a friendship thing...she's got to have some beautiful baby friends for me to meet...he he he :D

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 08:59 PM

that's the best part here...if it's a friendship thing...she's got to have some beautiful baby friends for me to meet...he he he :D

You f*ckin dogg.. :D.... Find out if she has any cute friends up in the Boston area. :D

britboy
May 29, 2002, 09:02 PM

exactly...he he he...no worries...I've had much worse things happen to me in the past...

Better luck this time!

Shouldn't it be more like "where did she go wrong"??? :D

Aahhh, the days of being young, single and free.... ;)

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 09:03 PM

You f*ckin dogg.. :D.... Find out if she has any cute friends up in the Boston area. :D

hell...one thing women like...is road trips my friend...

I'd be willing to bet they'd love to take a trip out to Boston...get some good eats... ;)

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 09:07 PM

hell...one thing women like...is road trips my friend...

I'd be willing to bet they'd love to take a trip out to Boston...get some good eats... ;)

Well then bring one of her friends with you :D... I will be sure to make enough good food for them... We all know which will be more important :D

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 09:16 PM

nope. i just got really really really really lucky. the girl just somehow got duped into liking me...

so maybe.... find a gullible girl????? ha

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:37 PM
nope. i just got really really really really lucky. the girl just somehow got duped into liking me..

You're too self effacing sometimes jello, stand up for yourself. Give her some credit too. She might find some redeeming value in you.....

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 10:38 PM

You're too self effacing sometimes jello, stand up for yourself. Give her some credit too. She might find some redeeming value in you.....

oh that reminds me...

self deprecating humor isn't big with girls... at least not when you're trying to trick them into liking you....

the funny thing though is... she's the one that seduced me... i use that term very loosely... basically, she kissed me first.. i just like to exaggerate it.

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:47 PM
the funny thing though is... she's the one that seduced me... i use that term very loosely... basically, she kissed me first.. i just like to exaggerate it.

well as long as you appreciate her and treat her right, then you're alright. Don't take her for granted, especially if you plan on being the 'artist' and she the bacon winner....

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 10:50 PM
well as long as you appreciate her and treat her right, then you're alright. Don't take her for granted, especially if you plan on being the 'artist' and she the bacon winner....

oh yes. i realize... believe me... with my "roots" as being an unsuccessful (with girls) nice guy... i know what it's like to be without a great girl. like her.

and yeah, just cause she wins the bacon doesn't mean we'll be unequal. guess i'll have to raise the kids...

how's that for scary? what the #$@!?

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 10:51 PM

that's been the case with me in just about every endeavor I've had...the female has always made the first move with me... ;)

AlphaTech
May 29, 2002, 10:54 PM

that's been the case with me in just about every endeavor I've had...the female has always made the first move with me... ;)

You really are a lucky dogg... :p

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:56 PM

and yeah, just cause she wins the bacon doesn't mean we'll be unequal. guess i'll have to raise the kids...

mr. jello mom?

ha!

please tell me you've seen that movie

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0085970

a classic, but it came out when you were quite young, no doubt....

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:57 PM

yep, you are lucky. that's only happened with me once, and she ended up going psycho on me, really. It got bad. Luckily I can laugh about it today, but at the time...not good.

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 10:58 PM

damn I love that movie!!! :D

one of the on-going quotes we have at work...

"44...45....whatever it took..." ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:59 PM

damn I love that movie!!! :D

one of the on-going quotes we have at work...

"44...45....whatever it took..." ;)

are you refering to the dryer installation

'are you using 220 on that'

'ah, yep, 215, 216, what ever it takes...'

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 11:00 PM
mr. jello mom?

ha!

you laugh but..... kids influenced by me would come out..... quite... interesting.

yeah, i've seen it. it was a classic with me and my old best friend from grade school.... we watched it a lot when i hungout and slept over at his house. good memories...

i'll have to raise my kids in much that same way. except maybe use... bottle rocket, office space, and rushmore for inspiration!

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:00 PM

You really are a lucky dogg... :p

yep, you are lucky. that's only happened with me once, and she ended up going psycho on me, really. It got bad. Luckily I can laugh about it today, but at the time...not good.

he he he...it's just always worked out that way...but then again...they usually end up cutting out first...but that's life...:rolleyes:

nothing worse than a bunny boiler...ugh....I've also had that displeasure... :eek:

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:02 PM

are you refering to the dryer installation

'are you using 220 on that'

'ah, yep, 215, 216, what ever it takes...'

actually...it's the dream that he has about his wife killing him and then running off with her boss...???

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 11:02 PM

oh no.... is my girlfriend gonna go crazy on me???? ahhhhh!

or am i going crazy on her? interesting flip flop there....

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 11:07 PM

nothing worse than a bunny boiler...ugh....I've also had that displeasure... :eek:

she boiled your bunnies?!?

never heard that one before, but that's damn funny. Is it a local saying?

eyelikeart
May 29, 2002, 11:08 PM

she boiled you bunnies?!?

never heard that one before, but that's damn funny. Is it a local saying?

ha ha ha....yeah....I'm sure u remember Fatal Attraction?? :eek: ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 11:14 PM

ha ha ha....yeah....I'm sure u remember Fatal Attraction?? :eek: ;)

honestly, I never saw the whole thing. Heard so many people talking about it, I pretty much new what it was about and had no real desire to see it. Sort of like that movie out now, Unfaithful. Not going to go see it, looks stupid.

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 09:19 AM

honestly, I never saw the whole thing. Heard so many people talking about it, I pretty much new what it was about and had no real desire to see it.

I hear ya...

I guess u could say it's something we say "around here"....but to be really honest...I think I, my boss & maybe another friend have actually used the term...

still...most people know what it means...he he he ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 03:37 AM
hey eye, you said you have the office space dvd right?

i was checking online and every place says it's not out yet, coming out in august... the movie's pretty old, so what the heck is this all about?

and i know they have the dvd for rental at bbuster and i'm pretty sure i've seen it in stores.... just curious why it might be not out online yet..... weird.

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 07:52 AM
That is truly a question of the age....

I don't have it on DVD, I was saying I think, that I would like to get it on DVD, I remember renting the DVD seeing it the first time - and the second time was on cable. Maybe they did a first run and sold out and now are going to rerelease it.

Now why did I just have a flash back to Orlando Jones - "I'm a recovering crack addict, could you buy a magazine subscription......"

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 08:50 AM

yup....I actually bought the DVD at WalMart...nearly 3 years ago?

I don't understand why u are having trouble finding it...maybe the place at where u are looking gets stuff late?

not to add to the problem of pirating...but I could always get u a copy of it if u guys really wanted...

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 08:51 AM

Now why did I just have a flash back to Orlando Jones - "I'm a recovering crack addict, could you buy a magazine subscription......"

he he he....Now what am I going to do with 40 subscriptions to Vibe?! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 09:29 AM

i was checking online and every place says it's not out yet, coming out in august... the movie's pretty old, so what the heck is this all about?

I just checked amazon and got a 'usually available in 24 hours'

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-5785837-4682309

so there you go. Where WERE you looking?

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 09:59 AM

that's usually the first place I look for something...then I hit eBay to see if I can get a deal...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 10:30 AM
I'm not much for ebay, you have to wait longer and especially with dvds and such, if they're main stream, I'd prefer a new copy as opposed to used one I haven't had a chance to inspect.

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:32 AM
I'm not much for ebay, you have to wait longer and especially with dvds and such, if they're main stream, I'd prefer a new copy as opposed to used one I haven't had a chance to inspect.

this is true....I've only bought a few used CDs off eBay...I've always had good experiences with anything I've purchased...

DVDs I make sure the auction specifies *NEW* because...like u...I do not want to spend the money on a used one...

odd how I can justify buying a used CD but not DVD?! :eek:

Backtothemac
May 31, 2002, 10:39 AM

this is true....I've only bought a few used CDs off eBay...I've always had good experiences with anything I've purchased...

DVDs I make sure the auction specifies *NEW* because...like u...I do not want to spend the money on a used one...

odd how I can justify buying a used CD but not DVD?! :eek:

I think it is because the DVD is a visual and audio, while the CD is just Audio. Much more of an impact with a DVD with a scratch. Just my HO.

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:46 AM

I think it is because the DVD is a visual and audio, while the CD is just Audio. Much more of an impact with a DVD with a scratch. Just my HO.

yeah...I guess that's a good way to look at it...

they just seem in my mind to be so much more valuable & delicate...

funny how the human mind works that way...

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 10:52 AM

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-5785837-4682309

so there you go. Where WERE you looking?

this is what i hate about dvds. one is often released right after a movie's put out, for smaller movies... then a second is released a few years later, either different options more features, etc...

so some places have both this regular available version (though for some reason i didn't see it last night) and the "full screen" which is coming out in august....

some places just have the full screen apparently. such as buy.com. which is usually a good spot for dvds... so i'm not a total moron.

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 10:59 AM

this is what i hate about dvds. one is often released right after a movie's put out, for smaller movies... then a second is released a few years later, either different options more features, etc...

so some places have both this regular available version (though for some reason i didn't see it last night) and the "full screen" which is coming out in august....

some places just have the full screen apparently. such as buy.com. which is usually a good spot for dvds... so i'm not a total moron.

Ah, I'll be waiting for the full screen version. Interesting that, huh. I guess they didn't figure it would be so popular and are going back and redoing the whole thing for those decerning fans who don't want to have 1/3 of the screen chopped off..

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:59 AM

hmm...that does suck....mine's as plain jane as it can get...

but it's all good...I got the movie...and it's hilarious...he he he :D

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 11:03 AM

Ah, I'll be waiting for the full screen version. Interesting that, huh. I guess they didn't figure it would be so popular and are going back and redoing the whole thing for those decerning fans who don't want to have 1/3 of the screen chopped off..

i used to think that way.

but if 1/3 of the screen chopped means me seeing all of the film, as the director intended (ie original aspect ratio) then i'm all for it.

i'll have to check out the dvd at a store and see what it says... or.

eye: is the one you have "widescreen" or what? does it have the black bars....?

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 11:13 AM
eye: is the one you have "widescreen" or what? does it have the black bars....?

mine plays fullscreen...no widescreen option from what I remember at least...

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 11:38 AM

mine plays fullscreen...no widescreen option from what I remember at least...

and it fills up the whole screen?

weird... considering the pre-order one is full screen.... i'm confused. oh well.

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 11:50 AM

and it fills up the whole screen?

weird... considering the pre-order one is full screen.... i'm confused. oh well.

ok...let me check it when I get home...now I don't remember!!!! :eek: :D

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:28 PM
Oh well, I was confused. I would want to watch it letterbox, not full screen. I was thinking full screen showed more of the film, duh! I'll claim temporary memory issues due to lack of food. Now that I'm back from lunch I should be ok.....

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 12:32 PM
I'll claim temporary memory issues due to lack of food. Now that I'm back from lunch I should be ok.....

that's what I'll go with....I'm having lunch right now as I type...

anyway...letterbox has the black borders at the top & bottom...

fullscreen does not and is formatted to fit your screen...

how's that? ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:36 PM

...letterbox has the black borders at the top & bottom...

fullscreen does not and is formatted to fit your screen...

what I really don't see any more are the DVDs that have two sides, one Letterbox and the other full screen. I have to admit, given the choose I would always choose the letterbox, so it is a waste of there money to provide it for me. But if it was just for rentals then you provide options for everyone.

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 12:39 PM
most people (including myself at first) thought "hey, why would i want parts of the screen with black instead of the picture???".... little do they know that sometimes they're missing out on vital details.

a book i had for a class had a great set of pictures showing a frame from some movies that were 1. regular, as director filmed it. 2. full screen for tv. 3. pan and scan....

it was very interesting..

having seen some of my own films get cut after being transferred to video, i realize that it can suck... word.

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 12:40 PM

what I really don't see any more are the DVDs that have two sides, one Letterbox and the other full screen.

the ones that are 2 sided I've found are the older versions...

I have Goodfellas on DVD...2-sided...and I know there was a new release that's 2-sided...or so I've been told anyway...

I also have JFK on a 2-sided DVD...

it kinda sucks...but it's still better than VHS ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:44 PM

it kinda sucks...but it's still better than VHS ;)

we've got a video tape machine and it hardly gets used, that and a couple 100 videos that we'll eventually put in the beach house (when we buy one) but they're all classics.

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:49 PM
When I got my first Mac with the dvd-ram drive in it, I started getting dvd's only, no more tapes. Now, I only purchase dvd's and will eventually get everything that I have on tape on dvd. I don't have to worry about the tracking or any of the other things that can go oh so very wrong on a vhs tape with dvd. Plus, you can fit more movies in less space when it comes to dvd's. I have all of mine in a carry pack... It holds 48, and is full, so I need to get another soon. :D

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 12:58 PM
we've got a video tape machine and it hardly gets used, that and a couple 100 videos that we'll eventually put in the beach house (when we buy one) but they're all classics.

my "classics" consist of...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Sixteen Candles
National Lampoon Vacation & European Vacation
Better Off Dead
The Breakfast Club

why do I know I'm missing some here...:eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:01 PM
we've got tons, but to name a few

Fletch, When Harry Met Sally, City Slickers, Indiana Jones (I - III), Original Star Wars, Better Off Dead, St. Elmo's Fire,

I could probably rattle off 20 more, but then this is becoming a useless thread. Let's kill it here or move on to something else.

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 01:03 PM
And now for something completely different... :D...

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 01:07 PM
I could probably rattle off 20 more, but then this is becoming a useless thread. Let's kill it here or move on to something else.

"U sounded like Dirty Harry just now..."

he he he...I think Mikey likes the moderator gig! ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:08 PM
E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 01:12 PM
LMAO!!!

You foolish Brittish kanigits, I wave my private parts in your general direction...

Your father was a hamster and your mother smelled of elderberries...

And don't forget... "RUN AWAY!!!!"

britboy
May 31, 2002, 01:12 PM
E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

The dead parrot sketch... makes me laugh every time :D

BTW: Alpha, it's the other way round :p click here to hear (http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Sounds/HolyGrail.au/hamster.au)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:17 PM
This is now officially a Monty Python thread, thank you and have a nice day

" Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--"

great site with tons of links, .wav, .mp3, scripts, etc.

http://www.graphicszone.net/monty_python/silliness.htm

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:19 PM
LMAO!!!

You foolish Brittish kanigits, I wave my private parts in your general direction...

Alpha's got the bits mixed

'I wave my private parts at your aunties...'

'I fart in your general direction....'

I'm going to have to go watch some tonight:D

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 01:19 PM

The dead parrot sketch... makes me laugh every time :D

BTW: Alpha, it's the other way round :p click here to hear (http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Sounds/HolyGrail.au/hamster.au)

Thanks... It has been some time since I heard it, and knew that it was the two in there, but f-ed the order... Thanks for the link :D

Damn... I think I will have to hunt down that dvd and grab it...

I never claimed to know all the Python dialog... I just know it's damned funny. :D

mischief
May 31, 2002, 01:22 PM
The 2000 post club thread (shamefully started as a blatant race to 4k ) was struck by a giant Intercontinental Ballistic Pie. Have a nice day.:)

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 01:23 PM
The 2000 post club thread (shamefully started as a blatant race to 4k ) was struck by a giant Intercontinental Ballistic Pie. Have a nice day.:)

What kind of pie... *grabbing a fork and spoon* :D

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:24 PM
If it had been anyone else, you'd get blasted back as one who gratuitously posts for post count, but you'll get off with a warning this time. Hopefully this thread *will* die of natural causes and not continue too much longer....

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 01:36 PM
Hopefully this thread *will* die of natural causes and not continue too much longer....

or we could just put it out of it's misery now!!!!

I say...we hang it....then we kill it...;)