PDA

View Full Version : New iPods not eligible for back-to-school promo

emcviper
Sep 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
I checked to see if the store would let me select the new $299 16GB iPod touch or the new nanos, but according to the "Get a Free iPod" screen,

"iPod models introduced on September 9, 2008 are not eligible for this promotion."

:(

Eidorian
Sep 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
This isn't a surprise.

aristobrat
Sep 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
Right. Isn't one of the main purposes of the back-to-school program to get rid of the old stock??? :eek:

Schtumple
Sep 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
I checked to see if the store would let me select the new $299 16GB iPod touch or the new nanos, but according to the "Get a Free iPod" screen,

"iPod models introduced on September 9, 2008 are not eligible for this promotion."

:(

Pointless thread 17...
This happens every year, if they allowed the new iPods to be a part of the promotion, do you think people would go ahead and get them, or would they just wait until the new stock came in?

Right. Isn't one of the main purposes of the back-to-school program to get rid of the old stock??? :eek:

Exactly, and it's a damn good tactic, you sell alot of technically old stock, which is then replaced by new hardware, that all the people who got the back to school promo will probably end up buying in February... Double sale win!