Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealEvil

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah or improve my mac's ability to play recording I make with a Sanyo HD1010... :-( I can record 1080p60 h264 but I cannot play it!

catskinsox

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
There's a huge update inside this.

Like I said before.

Surround Sound..;)

That's what I was wondering about. We can do Dolby Digital now? I know you could before with Perian, but the last Quicktime update broke it. Do the new HD TV shows have surround sound?

Cave Man

macrumors 604
What's particularly pathetic about Quicktime is that there are freeware apps that smoke it in both video codecs and audio passthrough. For example, Plex not only decodes decrypted Blu-Ray (yes, even on a Mini), but it can also passthrough DD, True-HD, DTS and DTS-HD through the optical port. Quicktime has trouble doing any of this. Let's hope that Apple has fixed this embarrassing omission in QT, and its home theater surrogate, Front Row.

Amdahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
10.3 finally abandoned...

Guess the money ran out, since iTunes & QuickTime are no longer supported on 10.3.

How long until 10.4 is toast?

Solfeggio4

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Does anyone know if this FINALLY fixes the HD choppy playback that those of us with PowerPCs have been dealing with since 7.0 came out?

Cadium

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2008
Installed on my MacBook Pro without any issues, high-definition videos play smooth as butter again! :)

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Well after testing the same things I've tested after every revision of QuickTime 7, and given feedback on at least a few times ... minimised movies still don't get an icon badge in the dock, and the export dialog still doesn't remember position preference. Nevermind.

geeman

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2001
At My Mac
Can anyone with After Effects confirm that this update doesn't cripple AE - as was the case when QT 7.4 was released?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.