PDA

View Full Version : New Apple in-earbuds: Are they fully compatible to the iPhone 3G

petvas
Sep 9, 2008, 02:21 PM
I would like to know if the new Apple in-earbuds are fully compatible to the iPhone 3G. The earbuds have remote control buttons. Will they work on the iPhone? The Apple Website mentions that they are only compatible to the ipods announced today...

DoobieBrother
Sep 9, 2008, 02:25 PM
And do the new earphones come with the newly release models, or are they simply the $80 extra if you want to buy a pair?

Schtumple
Sep 9, 2008, 02:32 PM
And do the new earphones come with the newly release models, or are they simply the $80 extra if you want to buy a pair?

They replace the old in ear headphones, they are a separate accessory that don't come standard with an iPod, they are for people who want better balanced sound from their headphones.

And to the OP, as it does state the headphones are only compatible with the latest iPod Touch, Classic and Nano, logic would suggest they aren't compatible with the iPhone.

DanielJvdBerg
Sep 9, 2008, 03:40 PM
They replace the old in ear headphones, they are a separate accessory that don't come standard with an iPod, they are for people who want better balanced sound from their headphones.

And to the OP, as it does state the headphones are only compatible with the latest iPod Touch, Classic and Nano, logic would suggest they aren't compatible with the iPhone.

That sucks if they aren't compatible... Maybe with the 2.1 software they are compatible?

Would be logical.

stuff99
Sep 9, 2008, 06:00 PM
$79 for a pair of headphones lol

Schtumple
Sep 9, 2008, 06:05 PM
That sucks if they aren't compatible... Maybe with the 2.1 software they are compatible?

Would be logical.

Maybe, seems like it's just a simple <headphones - volume control > 3.5mm connector, which would suggest it should be compatible with the iphone off the bat, as it's usually pretty standard operation, but who knows...

ipodtoucher
Sep 9, 2008, 06:44 PM
I think the OP is talking about the new earbuds that have the player control and microphone on the actual set. The ones that are $29. I have a similar question, would they work with the iPod Touch 1st gen. I would think it could be just a software upgrade( i'm d/ling the 2.1 as we speak). But I guess we will have to wait and see if someone buys them and the work, or not.