PDA

View Full Version : convert .M4P to .M4B, Need Help!

Dmac77
Sep 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hi,

I have to audiobooks that refuse to be filed with the rest of my audiobooks. These two audiobooks are currently displayed with my music in the iTunes Library. I want to store them in the Audiobooks tab of the iTunes Library. I have tried dragging them into the tab, but that doesn't work. I read that I need to convert them to .M4B for them to be stored in the Audiobooks tab of the iTunes Library.

How do I do this? Do I just find them in the Finder and rename them there? Or do I need a file converter to do this?

Thanks!

Don

Bobioden
Sep 9, 2008, 04:04 PM
You can just change the entensions to m4b, then itunes will see them as audiobooks. Change the extension, delete the book in iTunes . Go to iTunes and add to library. They will then show as audiobooks.

Dmac77
Sep 9, 2008, 04:07 PM
You can just change the entensions to m4b, then itunes will see them as audiobooks. Change the extension, delete the book in iTunes . Go to iTunes and add to library. They will then show as audiobooks.

Thanks! I'll try that. I was just affraid that i would end up making my audiobooks unplayable. Now I just need to get my iPod fixed because it bricked after trying to update to 2.1.0:(

Don

richkent72
Sep 10, 2008, 03:21 AM
Assuming you're on a Mac, go to http://dougscripts.com/itunes/ and get 'Make Bookmarkable'. I'd also recommend 'Join Together'. There are several sites (do a Google search) that explain both pretty well.

Both work fine with iTunes 8 :)