Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slate1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Haven't been able to upgrade to iTunes 8 yet - curious though if there's a way to upgrade prior purchased seasons of shows (Lost, for example) to HD without purchasing all over again? Apple did this when they introduced iTunes Plus and I was hoping they'd do it with the TV shows too.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I am wondering the same thing, although I haven't seen the option yet. I have 2 seasons of House and 24 that need some upgrading.

rydix

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
yeah no kidding, i'm not gonna buy much else from iTunes unless it's in HD. now that i've been spoiled and seen whats possible and what's most likely coming, it's hard to justify buying a SD video.

i don't wanna pay for dexter and lost to update, not to mention the titles to follow.

slate1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Not yet. I was wondering this same thing. I suppose I can buy the show's again but that seems kinda lame imo.

Especially since you get an SD copy for free when you purchase the HD episode...

I'm willing to pay to upgrade - but not full price...

Oct 31, 2005
I'm curious about this as well. I purchased the Bones season pass this past week, now it's available in HD, I want that instead! As well as the rest of the seasons of lost, bones, and house!

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I reported a problem with one of my previous seasons and posed the question there, I'll post the reply from Apple when I get it.

Everyone should do this, they will see the trend and might consider offering it.

mdmt619

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2006
I reported a problem with one of my previous seasons and posed the question there, I'll post the reply from Apple when I get it.

Everyone should do this, they will see the trend and might consider offering it.

Just did the same!

slate1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006

Thought I'd bump this thread once again and see if anyone heard back from Apple? I did go ahead and purchase an episode of Lost in HD and it looks quite good - I'd upgrade all my seasons if they made it reasonable to do so.

kkachurak

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, FL
And still, lots of hit TV shows (My Name is Earl, et al) are not available in HD.

But NBC is releasing Knight Rider in HD? Pu-lease.

I want to be able to upgrade my Lost seasons to HD, too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.