Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
So I've had a few questions about the DRM I want answered. Most of these things I've been hearing have been PC users and I want to know what it's like on Mac.

1. I've got two computers. Can I install it and play on both?

2. Is the CD required for play? I hate that...

3. When I use up my installs, can I call up and get them to reset the installs? Much like iTunes deauthorize all computers option for music DRM.

4. Does it require internet to play? Lets say I'm on a trip, and I want to play some Spore on my laptop. Will it work?

Thanks! This DRM crap is just plain annoying. It is even pretty pointless... since the game is already pirated. Get the point EA, pirates always find a way.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
So I've had a few questions about the DRM I want answered. Most of these things I've been hearing have been PC users and I want to know what it's like on Mac.

1. I've got two computers. Can I install it and play on both?

2. Is the CD required for play? I hate that...

3. When I use up my installs, can I call up and get them to reset the installs? Much like iTunes deauthorize all computers option for music DRM.

4. Does it require internet to play? Lets say I'm on a trip, and I want to play some Spore on my laptop. Will it work?

Thanks! This DRM crap is just plain annoying. It is even pretty pointless... since the game is already pirated. Get the point EA, pirates always find a way.

1. Yes, there is a 3 Install Limit
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes but internet activation required

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Thanks. I guess it doesn't seem that bad. But it still is really annoying! Now if only it also worked on old 07 Macbooks....

Bruce87

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2007
It does require internet activation upon install, but you can also play offline for trips and such, you just dont get other peoples stuff that is new.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.