PDA

View Full Version : watching the new keynote on my touch.

Xgamer1224
Sep 9, 2008, 07:51 PM
Can I watch the September 2008 keynote on my iPod touch? If so tell what I do exactly so that I don't do it wrong.

Rapmastac1
Sep 9, 2008, 08:02 PM
No you can't. It utilizes FLASH to play the video, and the Safari Browser and Flash don't go together well. Unless someone has recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube.

bndoarn
Sep 9, 2008, 08:35 PM
the keynotes are in quicktime format and safari on the ipod touch can play quicktime movies so it might work. just give it a shot. go here (http://www.macrumors.com/c.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fquicktime%2Fqtv%2Fletsrock%2F&t=1221010373) on your ipod to try to watch it

Rapmastac1
Sep 9, 2008, 09:41 PM
Yes it is in quicktime format, but relies on FLASH to work.

dontwalkhand
Sep 9, 2008, 09:44 PM

What do you mean? The keynotes do not require flash, as when you click on them, they open in QuickTime on your Mac. I do not know where you are getting Flash from.

Rapmastac1
Sep 9, 2008, 09:58 PM
My bad, I dunno what I'm talking about, I'm thinking of something else.

You can view them, but they are sure to be choppy and what not unless you are in a really good wifi area, even so they will still have choppy playback. It would be far easier to download them and view them with the Media App.

upsguy27
Sep 9, 2008, 10:02 PM
My bad, I dunno what I'm talking about, I'm thinking of something else.

You can view them, but they are sure to be choppy and what not unless you are in a really good wifi area, even so they will still have choppy playback. It would be far easier to download them and view them with the Media App.

I just tried it, and it worked fine. No choppiness, just smooth playback.

crazzyeddie
Sep 9, 2008, 10:07 PM

You sir, are misinformed. First of all, Flash isn't an acronym, so you don't need to put it in all caps.

Secondly, all of Apple's videos work perfectly on my Touch. Perhaps your hacked touch has issues playing videos?