PDA

View Full Version : Checkbox in NSOutlineView

mahaboob
Sep 9, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hi all,
I need to display a disclosure triangle, a checkbox and a textfield in the same column. I want to change the image when clicking on it and also preserve all other image states. ie, I want to perform checking and unchecking actions like those in the ordinary checkboxes.So I gone through DragNDropOutlineView exmaple provided with xcode and I copied the ImageAndTextCell class. Then I used two images checkbox_click.gif and checkbox_none.gif. My idea is to set a Flag (an instance variale) for the selected cell in the selectionDidChange: method and depending on the flag value set the appropriate image in willDisplayCell: method. In selectionDidChange: method I did like

id cell = [[[OutlineView tableColumns] objectAtIndex:0] dataCellForRow:[OutlineView selectedRow]];
id Name = [[cell image]name];
if([Name isEqualToString:@"checkbox_none"])
checked = YES;
else
checked = NO;

And in willDisplayCell: method I did like:

id cell = [[[OutlineView tableColumns] objectAtIndex:0] dataCellForRow:[OutlineView selectedRow]];
id Name = [[cell image]name];
if ([[tableColumn identifier] isEqualToString:@"firstColumn"])
{
if ([OutlineView itemAtRow:[OutlineView selectedRow]] == item)
{
if(checked)
[(ImageAndTextCell *)cell setImage:[NSImage imageNamed:@"checkbox_click.gif"]];
else
[(ImageAndTextCell *)cell setImage:[NSImage imageNamed:@"checkbox_none.gif"]];
}
else
{
if([Name isEqualToString:@"checkbox_click"])
[(ImageAndTextCell *)cell setImage:[NSImage imageNamed:@"checkbox_click.gif"]];
else
[(ImageAndTextCell *)cell setImage:[NSImage imageNamed:@"checkbox_none.gif"]];
}
}
It is not working accurately. When I selecting one node then it will not change he image and if I selected another, both nodes images are changed. Where I got wrong ? How can I solve this ?

Thanks in advance