Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan.stewie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Australia
Does the new iPod touch 2G come standard with the new iPod earphones with Mic and Remote (NOT the in-ear ones)?

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
aww really? they're the same price as the standard earphones!

Are you talking about the new dual-driver earbuds with remote control and mic? That's definitely going to be a premium accessory.

Or the new in-ear headphones with remote control and mic? I don't know for sure, but I'd place about 50% odds that these new headphones will eventually replace the old ones outright.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Are you talking about the new dual-driver earbuds with remote control and mic? That's definitely going to be a premium accessory.

Or the new in-ear headphones with remote control and mic? I don't know for sure, but I'd place about 50% odds that these new headphones will eventually replace the old ones outright.

The good in-ear's are $79, the cheapo bud w. remote & mic are $29. I agree with you that Apple will throw in new buds in between price drops and refreshes.

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
The good in-ear's are $79, the cheapo bud w. remote & mic are $29. I agree with you that Apple will throw in new buds in between price drops and refreshes.

Ear-buds? In-ears? I always get the names for all those really small phones which sit in/near the ear canal mixed up.

You're right, I meant the $79 premium ones would remain premium, and the the cheap-o $29 ones would probably eventually become standard issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.